Old April 26th 05, 12:33 AM
Frank Gilliland

On 25 Apr 2005 23:29:59 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 25 Apr 2005 23:22:15 GMT, Steveo wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Probably true, assuming the person's interest in radio is narrow
enough to fall within the limitations of the CB and/or the freeloader
band.

Pass the bar rag, Frank. I have some clean up to do.

Spontaneous vomiting? or did you just spill your milk?

None of those. I'm pondering faking a trip with mapquest.

Still sore about that, huh? Oh well.

Old April 26th 05, 12:33 AM
Steveo

Lancer wrote:
On 25 Apr 2005 23:01:39 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Lancer wrote:
I thought freeband was from 26.000 MHz up to channel 1, 26.965
MHz, and from above channel 40, 27.405 MHz, to the edge of the 10
Meter ham band, 28.000 MHz.

What does that have to do with Ham radio spectrum use?

Quit doing so much thinking, you're going to hurt yourself...

That's right, Lancer. Although I'd suggest a little caution going
down the basement steps... 27.4 to 27.9 is worry free.

LOL! Right now I'm staying away from basement steps...

ME too. The better half has a honey-do list on the chalk board
that's next to my tombstone down there! (also next to the pool
table)
Old April 26th 05, 12:36 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 25 Apr 2005 23:29:59 GMT, Steveo wrote in
Pass the bar rag, Frank. I have some clean up to do.

Spontaneous vomiting? or did you just spill your milk?

None of those. I'm pondering faking a trip with mapquest.

Still sore about that, huh? Oh well.

Not at all. I have trouble with fence straddlers tho.

Old April 26th 05, 12:46 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 25 Apr 2005 23:29:59 GMT, Steveo wrote in
Pass the bar rag, Frank. I have some clean up to do.

Spontaneous vomiting? or did you just spill your milk?

None of those. I'm pondering faking a trip with mapquest.

Still sore about that, huh? Oh well.

Not at all. I have trouble with fence straddlers tho.

.......huh?

Never mind it all, Frank. I have no problem with you.

I amz' what I amz'. ($1-popeye)

Old April 26th 05, 01:01 AM
John Smith

Now here is the matter in question, "Whether people should design the radio
to fit them--or, if the people should be designed to fit the radio?"

If you look at ham radio it is just un-progressive. If you can't see
that--get new glasses!

The world is passing them by and they are becomming a road block to
innovation... all for the sport of their hobby...
You are correct, NOT all hams are like this, I personally know of two who
are not--and I am one of them... (OK, there are a few more who don't think
themselves "radio Gods" and seek to have all non-hams placed in
restraints...)

However, I am not here to worship innovative hams anymore than the others...
but, the ("others") ones with self-serving nature, and control freak
attitude are at need of repair and an attitude adjustment...

Anyway, I think most will agree this needs to be brought out in the light of
day and examined and discussed. People need to be aware that a lot of their
radio spectrum is being used just to give a chosen few some hobby
privilages... in fact, write your congressman about this and complain!!!

And, you don't think there are "bootlegger hams?" Ones with
LARGE-multi-kilowatt linears? Ones who chat with citizens of other
countries on freqs not allowed by this country? THINK AGAIN!

The hams are like the gays, a few loud voices are controlling laws which
affect us all! This is simply un-called for and unnecessary...

Warmest regards,
John

"Lancer" wrote in message
ews.com...
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:48:23 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

Lancer:

I only wish you were correct. Hams are a tight-knit group which looks
down
on all other radio-users, with the possible exception of gov't.

Get to know some hams in your area, I think you will find a common
"control
freak" nature amongst them. If even another ham suggests possible changes
to their ancient methods they "black ball" him/her.

Most of all their activities center around a "good ole boys rationale."
You
have to meet and participate with them to see just how deep this runs...

Get your ham license!!! But, play along with them, make it a mission to
study and learn about them... I think you will be back to
freeband/"Chicken
Band", but you will have a greater appreciation of radio on these bands!

Regards,
John

John, I think you are making to much of a generalization about
hams. There are a lot iin this group, and so far no one has jumped on
you about "freebanding"
Some of the attitude real or not is from what a sewer CB has
become. After all , look what you guys have done with the legal
frequencies you were given. Why should you get any additional
spectrum to trash up... You get the idea?
Both groups have their trouble makers, I just don't see the vast
majority as you describe..

Old April 26th 05, 02:42 AM
Steveo

"John Smith" wrote:
If you look at ham radio it is just un-progressive. If you can't see
that--get new glasses!

Newbie clue: don't be ripping hams here.

Move on.
Old April 26th 05, 02:50 AM
Frank Gilliland

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:44:42 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote in
:

Err; I have been known to bounce around a bit...

You have done moon-bounce with a CB? Right.

I ain't no musician and don't like 'em much (but like the rock n' roll
music!) And, anyone who taps code and fancies himself a muscian needs a
three-day observation!

Where did that come from? I said nothing about musicians. CCW may be
an abbreviation for a band, but I was referring to Coherent CW which
is a slow type of Morse code used for weak-signal work.

I am leery of anything circling this planet (ya never know, may be aliens
whom crawled out of mud puddles!)

Then you should probably avoid cell-phones and long-distance carriers,
since most of them use satellites. And television is a no-no because
most of their feeds come the same route. Disregard weather forcasts
based on GEOS photos. In fact, just browsing the net can use a large
number of satellites in a short amount of time. But on the flip side,
those CIA spy satellites sure don't seem to work worth a damn.....
must be because of alien interference, huh?

I tend to shy away from pseudo-governmental organizations--and the boys who
like to wear the little uniforms, patches, badges and hats and play games...

Then you have a problem with the Shriners as well as most professional
sports organizations.

etc, etc,...

I still like the boy scouts, apple pie, Benjamin Franklin, the miltia--and
wish every town and city had one--complete with radios--etc...

......um, ok. So?

If you think gov't is the answer and it is going to save you--think again...
it will be the same way as when we began this country, there will be a
government which IS the problem... it will be "We the people..." who provide
the cure...

Oh great, another anarchist.

I have something people have forgotten about, faith in my neighbors and
countrymen, and a knowledge of how average men rise to meet great
challenges, undertakings and disasters--again, our nation is a firm lesson
in this--why does everyone keep thinking we are "the great civilization?"
The Romans thought that yanno?

A good lesson is Germany, it was the highly educated who helped Hitler the
most--the doctors, judges, lawyers, etc... carried out his plans... without
them, Hitler was nobody... they thought themselves "special" and
"entitled", thank God they were shown different... it is not my education
which makes me a valuable neighbor--it is my standing on the shoulders of my
forefathers...

Yet you spit on their graves by encouraging lawlessness.

If ever we face disaster, it will be more likely for some unheard of wino or
schmuck or just everyday-Joe to rise to meet the occasion than a gov't
entity...

Seems to me that we have had plenty of disasters over the years. And
if I recall, the government was able to handle each and every one of
them..... more or less. But what does that have to do with the topic?

but politicians will be there to take the credit, hide the real
heroes, and pick plastic heroes who will support their campaigns... no, it
never changes, it is a vicious circle...

Nothing has changed human nature... only some men have begun to dream in
fantasy colored pictures again, and once again we are in danger...

You have issues.

Old April 26th 05, 03:10 AM
John Smith

Newbie, nah, if I haven't been around the block with this bunch, then it was
another one which looked so much alike--might as well have been 'em...

I claim what I am saying is truth--if it isn't then tell me how so, we can
be debate, we can argue--in the end, all which matters is the truth--let the
chips fall where they might...

I came and I ain't in a hurry, I brought a lunch...

Regards,
John

Old April 26th 05, 03:34 AM
Vinnie S.

On 26 Apr 2005 01:42:09 GMT, Steveo wrote:

"John Smith" wrote:
If you look at ham radio it is just un-progressive. If you can't see
that--get new glasses!

Newbie clue: don't be ripping hams here.

Move on.

Hey Moped, I have to delay buying my ham gear. I took the dog to the vet because
of ongoing skin allergies. The blood test was $375. That didn't include the
steroid spray and office visit. Hopefully, they can determine what the hell he
is allegeric to. I didn't have a choice. I have spent a ton of money on this
problem already, and figured rather than relieving symtoms, I need to find out
the cause and stop it.

I am going to try and hang the Imax this weekend, weather permitting.

Vinnie S.