Old June 2nd 05, 05:05 PM
Lou

Default recent ad - CB stuff for sale

Hi folks,

Sorry to be a pest. I recently placed an FS ad in here for some stuff to get
rid of regarding CB. A few people wrote me and I replied. I've yet to hear
back from them, serious as they seemed. While they could have changed their
mind and that is ok... I am a bit puzzled as a friend of mine hasn't been
receiving my replies either. "Some" of my e-mails and seemingly "all" my
posts are going through ok, but other e-mails are not. I'm not sure what is
going on there. I don't want anyone to think I didn't reply to their e-mails
for info. I would have replied even if to tell them the stuff had already
been sold if in fact it had been.

IF the folks reading this did happen to write me... check your e-mail for my
reply or try writng me again. The e-mail is . As I
explained in my ad, this is the address I use rather than having my personal
in box bombarded with anymore spam.

Thanks for your patience in this issue,

Lou

Old June 2nd 05, 05:36 PM
Vinnie S.

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 04:05:50 -1200, "Lou" wrote:

[...]

This, this is probably not a good place to sell CBs. Spend a couple days here,
and you'll know why. But you can get pretty good money on ebay, which I highly
recommended.

Vinnie S.
Old June 2nd 05, 09:18 PM
Lou

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
[...]

I agree with you. Funny though.. people bitch because of the FA ads, they
ask why no one sells in news groups anymore. When people do, no one buys.
They got tunnel vision thinking E-Bay will keep them from getting ripped
off. There is no clear cut way that can happen. E-Bay doesn't give a ****
one way or the other, once they've got their money. It is a proven fact.
Whoopee, they let you post bad feedback. Lot of good it does when you're out
your hard earned cash.

Anyway, I had a few replies and for some goofy reason, I can post to news
groups, "some" of my e-mails are geting through, some aren't. So, they may
not have received my replies. I just didn't want anyone to think I was
ignoring them. Can't sell if you don't reply!!!!!
I didn't want to go E-Bay, but alas - it looks like I'll have to. Oh
well......

Thanks for your input.

Lou (not Franklin)

Old June 4th 05, 02:48 PM
Gen. Geroge Hammond

If you do go to ebay, take GOOD clear pictures
with some close up ones. It is the best way to get the most cash!!!
Many put up ****ty pictures, small pictures, fuzzy pictures, dark
pictures and you just can't
tell what you're buying. Some do this to "hide" bad products, chips,
scratches. dent's.
worn paint, etc.
good luck

G.Hammond, SGC
--------------------------

--snip---

I didn't want to go E-Bay, but alas - it looks like I'll have to. Oh
well......

Thanks for your input.

Lou (not Franklin)

Lou wrote:

.. .

Old June 5th 05, 12:32 AM
Lou

"Gen. Geroge Hammond" wrote in message ...
If you do go to ebay, take GOOD clear pictures
with some close up ones. It is the best way to get the most cash!!!
Many put up ****ty pictures, small pictures, fuzzy pictures, dark pictures and you just can't
tell what you're buying. Some do this to "hide" bad products, chips, scratches. dent's.
worn paint, etc.
good luck

G.Hammond, SGC
--------------------------

--snip---

Thanks for the advice on the pics. I "try" to do the best pictures I can, and I usually have decent luck. In my case, lighting makes all the difference. My house is on the dark side no matter how much light I add. As for going to e-bay, I don't know that I have much choice here - the news groups aren't doing it, even if Swap groups. The local want ads come out every weekend, I can have the stuff advertised a good 4 days before they come out, and to a much wider audience.

Thanks again,

Lou

Old June 4th 05, 10:46 PM
Gen. Geroge Hammond

Hi Lou, when I take pictures I use a program called PageImage.
With this program I can edit the pics for a better pic. Nothing changes
other than
brightness, sharpness and size. Doing this people can see much detail
in what they might bid on.

73
G. Hammond, SGC
-----------------------------

Old June 3rd 05, 03:21 AM
Steveo

"Lou" wrote:
[...]

Well that post made it thru, Lou. Window shoppers are a pain in the ass.
Old June 3rd 05, 11:44 AM
Lou

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Lou" wrote:

Well that post made it thru, Lou. Window shoppers are a pain in the ass.

I know the posts are making it. I said - the "posts" are making it through,
it is half of my e-mails that aren't! At any rate, consider the issue
dropped. I'll just hope they who contacted me - recontact or I'll do as
vinnie suggested - much to my dismay - post them to the bay. Such is life.

Lou

Old June 3rd 05, 03:57 AM
Vinnie S.

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:44:10 -1200, "Lou" wrote:

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Lou" wrote:

Well that post made it thru, Lou. Window shoppers are a pain in the ass.

I know the posts are making it. I said - the "posts" are making it through,
it is half of my e-mails that aren't! At any rate, consider the issue
dropped. I'll just hope they who contacted me - recontact or I'll do as
vinnie suggested - much to my dismay - post them to the bay. Such is life.

Lou

Ebay is safer. You take a chance selling on the usenet. Or buying.

Vinnie S.
Old June 3rd 05, 04:00 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
Ebay is safer. You take a chance selling on the usenet. Or buying.

Vinnie S.

Ain't cement shoes one size fits all?

where does Radio-Mart get all his stuff from ? mike maghakian Shortwave 4 March 15th 05 06:44 PM
FREE STUFF in NJ PooPooPanz Swap 2 December 10th 04 01:26 AM
Some stuff up for sale or trade: Scan Da Bands CB 0 September 20th 04 03:38 PM
stuff for all hams [email protected] General 0 December 19th 03 07:31 PM
FS: Antennas, Towers, Radios Bunch of stuff! John Goller, k9uwa Swap 1 July 24th 03 05:27 PM