Old July 23rd 05, 04:36 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Default Looking for a Hy-Gain Big Gun Quad Antenna

Hello All:

Looking for a Hy-Gain Big Gun two element Quad for a friend.

Can be in any shape, from a pile of parts to new in the box.

Jay in the Mojave
Old July 23rd 05, 06:35 PM
Jeff Mayner

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello All:

Looking for a Hy-Gain Big Gun two element Quad for a friend.

Can be in any shape, from a pile of parts to new in the box.

Jay in the Mojave

Hey Jay,
I'm wondering if you, or anyone else, wants that antenna you built-up
for me a few years back? It blew down and I never have put it back up. Bent
a radial but would be easily fixed. Did not damage any other part of the
antenna.

Anyway, I've been cleaning out the garage and this Penatrator is just
sitting there. If you'll remember, this is one fine antenna. Much better
than original.

Let me know. Maybe we can meet half way (Valencia) or something?

Jeff
Ventura

Old July 24th 05, 04:22 AM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Jeff:

Yeah sure, I'll take that antenna, half way no problem.

Thats a Penatrator 500 modified into a Mastadon 5000, with the lower
loss matching hoops.

You should see the Moonraker Six I am rebuilding.

Jay in the Mojave

Old July 24th 05, 04:34 AM
Scott in Baltimore

Jay, if you've got time to teach a not-so-old fart some
good beam matches to work with coax, I'll dig up an old
email address of yours or post on one of the Yahoo groups
so you can find me there.

Old July 24th 05, 01:14 PM
Jay in the Mojave

Hello Scott:

I haven't changed e-mail address's a lot. I did have a account with AOL,
but then thats when they charged by the hour, and screwed everybody. And
edited anything out of their news groups that told the truth about AOL.

Jay in the Mojave

Scott in Baltimore wrote:

Jay, if you've got time to teach a not-so-old fart some
good beam matches to work with coax, I'll dig up an old
email address of yours or post on one of the Yahoo groups

FA: VHF / UHF Antenna Assortment - starting at $5.00 Les Wilson Swap 0 March 7th 05 01:09 AM
Make your own T2FD Kees Shortwave 75 July 2nd 04 07:54 AM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 04:34 AM