Old August 29th 05, 10:01 PM
Peter

Default On UK TV tonight...

Roadkill...

Three college kids decide to play a prank on some rednecks, only to find out that trucker,
"Rusty Nail", is a psychopath with no sense of humour.

Sounds like a typical CB trucker to me.

Oh yes... BBC1 10:50pm.
Better hurry, I have only just noticed it myself.

Regards,

Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/

Old August 30th 05, 02:09 AM
jim

Peter wrote:
Roadkill...

Three college kids decide to play a prank on some rednecks, only to find out that trucker,
"Rusty Nail", is a psychopath with no sense of humour.

Sounds like a typical CB trucker to me.

Oh yes... BBC1 10:50pm.
Better hurry, I have only just noticed it myself.

Regards,

Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/

rather watch the man utd replays of the victory over the barcodes...
Old August 30th 05, 02:25 AM
Mail Hauler

"Peter" wrote in message
Roadkill...

Three college kids decide to play a prank on some rednecks, only to find

out that trucker,
"Rusty Nail", is a psychopath with no sense of humour.

Sounds like a typical CB trucker to me.

Oh yes... BBC1 10:50pm.
Better hurry, I have only just noticed it myself.

Regards,

Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/

Decent trash movie.... filmed mainly in Nevada.

Old August 31st 05, 05:28 AM
Landshark

"jim" wrote in message
Peter wrote:
Roadkill...

Three college kids decide to play a prank on some rednecks, only to find
out that trucker,
"Rusty Nail", is a psychopath with no sense of humour.

Sounds like a typical CB trucker to me.

Oh yes... BBC1 10:50pm.
Better hurry, I have only just noticed it myself.

Regards,

Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/

rather watch the man utd replays of the victory over the barcodes...

LOL! you Brits and football............

Landshark

--
That's funny. You managed to actually make the thug alter his outside
real world actions because of his incompetence in this ng. The internet

Old September 1st 05, 02:28 AM
jim

Landshark wrote:

"jim" wrote in message

Peter wrote:

Roadkill...

Three college kids decide to play a prank on some rednecks, only to find
out that trucker,
"Rusty Nail", is a psychopath with no sense of humour.

Sounds like a typical CB trucker to me.

Oh yes... BBC1 10:50pm.
Better hurry, I have only just noticed it myself.

Regards,

Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/

rather watch the man utd replays of the victory over the barcodes...

LOL! you Brits and football............

Landshark

hey shark ask steveo if i sound like a continental cousin...

Old September 1st 05, 02:49 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Landshark wrote:

"jim" wrote in message

Peter wrote:

Roadkill...

Three college kids decide to play a prank on some rednecks, only to
find out that trucker,
"Rusty Nail", is a psychopath with no sense of humour.

Sounds like a typical CB trucker to me.

Oh yes... BBC1 10:50pm.
Better hurry, I have only just noticed it myself.

Regards,

Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/

rather watch the man utd replays of the victory over the barcodes...

LOL! you Brits and football............

Landshark

hey shark ask steveo if i sound like a continental cousin...

He sounds like a hit man! hehe
Old September 1st 05, 09:56 AM
Boltar

Sounds like a typical CB trucker to me.

It always makes me laugh how truckers seem to think their
CB is some sort of secure channel and if someone else
breaks in they're first of all surprised then irritated.

Or perhaps they're the True Users of CB and the rest of us
are just grunts who are allowed to use it at their discretion,
who knows.

B2003

Old September 1st 05, 02:39 PM
Landshark

"jim" wrote in message
Landshark wrote:

"jim" wrote in message

Peter wrote:

Roadkill...

Three college kids decide to play a prank on some rednecks, only to find
out that trucker,
"Rusty Nail", is a psychopath with no sense of humour.

Sounds like a typical CB trucker to me.

Oh yes... BBC1 10:50pm.
Better hurry, I have only just noticed it myself.

Regards,

Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/

rather watch the man utd replays of the victory over the barcodes...

LOL! you Brits and football............

Landshark

hey shark ask steveo if i sound like a continental cousin...

LOL!!! Jude law maybe?

Landshark

--
The internet is fun but it's no substitute for books, people, nature,
or direct experiences. But you think that you can get everything you

Frank Gililland

Old September 1st 05, 05:46 PM
The Magnum

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sounds like a typical CB trucker to me.

It always makes me laugh how truckers seem to think their
CB is some sort of secure channel and if someone else
breaks in they're first of all surprised then irritated.

Or perhaps they're the True Users of CB and the rest of us
are just grunts who are allowed to use it at their discretion,
who knows.

B2003

Living in Birmingham and using the Cb for many years travelling the M6 and
M42 i can sympathise entirely with your comments. Due to the decline in CB
use many homebase stations have moved to the 19 to hear people as 14 is
completely dead. This irritates some truck drivers and the amount of
derogitory banter between home bases and truck drivers has to be heard to be
believed.
Likewise i can also understand the truck drivers anguish over "numptys"
playing music over the 19, dead keying and bucket mouthing. That said some
truck drivers i have spoken to over this have actually said they enjoy the
banter and it makes an otherwise boring journey memorable. Many have well
rehersed and derisory speeches they deliver regularly to the homebase
stations or..i might add.. any mobile station who doesnt drive a big
wheeler. The poor old tipper truck drivers also get it in the neck as they
feel they are inferior truckers.
A point to pick up on is the amount of "Truckers" who chatter on the 19
blocking it for other truck drivers trying to listen to road conditions or
give out warnings. Some think they have a right to use the 19 and stay on
there as its the mobile channel not realising they are just as bad as the
mike keyers and music players as they make the channel nearly unusable for
their fellow truckers. Yes 19 is the mobile channel but once you enter in a
banter with a fellow trucker the same common courtesy applies of finding a
clear channel and continuing the conversation unless the conversation is
short and plenty of gap left for other users to get through.
Truck drivers used to be known as the "Knights of the road" but the actions
of many of these people seriously belittle this old image.
Im not saying home bases and car drivers are perfect by a long shot but we
all have to get along and use the Cb together. As its nowhere near as used
as it used to be theres plenty of room for all.
Something that made me laugh a few years ago, i was travelling to
Aberystwyth from Brum and was going through the village of Welshpool which
is a good few miles into Wales and there were a couple of obviously welsh
people chatting on the 19. The channel other than them was completely clear
and all of a sudden a truck driver piped in saying "clear the 19 you dummy
brummies".. eh i thought... Brummies is a term used for Birmingham people
but all he knew it as was an insult... i dont think he even knew what
"brummies" meant. One other time i was talking to a truck driver who had
spent 6 months out of work as he was trying to find a different job. He said
he couldnt find one and would more than likely have to go back to
trucking..... says it all really.
Eddie Stobart Rocks ;o)

Old September 1st 05, 11:02 PM
Boltar

The Magnum wrote:
Likewise i can also understand the truck drivers anguish over "numptys"
playing music over the 19, dead keying and bucket mouthing. That said some

Dead keyers and wanna be pirate radio DJs **** everyone off , not just
the truckers. In the area I live we don't even use 19 as a call out
anymore
as its a complete dead loss what with the afformentioned idiots all
over
it.

Truck drivers used to be known as the "Knights of the road" but the actions
of many of these people seriously belittle this old image.

Not sure anyone believed it anyway. Anyone whos been in a queue of
traffic
on a dual carriageway behind 2 idiot truckers playing the
lets-overtake-going
uphill-at-1-mph-difference-and-cause-a-half-mile-tailback game knows
what
prize dimwits these guys can really be.

B2003

N9OGL SHOW ON TONIGHT!!! N9OGL Policy 9 May 12th 05 02:18 PM
No Radio Australia or New Zealand tonight Telamon Shortwave 4 November 6th 04 09:34 PM
SW rocks tonight Telamon Shortwave 1 May 25th 04 08:54 AM
Did anyone here WBCQ tonight? GO BEARCATS Shortwave 26 May 2nd 04 12:38 PM
New Glass Hammer, New Six North, On Philadelphia Radio Tonight Gagliarchives Radio Philadelphia Broadcasting 0 January 3rd 04 11:24 PM