Old September 1st 05, 01:57 AM
Vinnie S.

On 31 Aug 2005 23:08:34 GMT, Steveo wrote:

That is the problem I had. After 9-11, they were donated so much money,
that they went out to purchase new computers systems.

Vinnie S.

I sent $100 to the salvation army, fwiw, I'll send some more soon.

They shouldn't re-build some of that stuff, and I hope none of my donated
money goes to those looting ******s I've seen on TV.

I can forgive the people that stole food, clothes, medicine, etc. But the ****
with the toys and TVs is totally bull****. But saying that, it is a small
percentage of the people doing it. Most of these people are **** out of luck. I
will donate for them. I will also give to the Salvation Army. Thanks.

Vinnie S.
Old September 1st 05, 01:59 AM
Vinnie S.

On 01 Sep 2005 00:16:07 GMT, Steveo wrote:

That is the problem I had. After 9-11, they were donated so much
money, that they went out to purchase new computers systems.

Vinnie S.

I sent $100 to the salvation army, fwiw, I'll send some more soon.

They shouldn't re-build some of that stuff, and I hope none of my
donated money goes to those looting ******s I've seen on TV.

Now Steve, please don't be that way. They have no electricity, food,
water or shelter, but a big screen TV, stereo, DVD player, or some really
nice jewelry can go a long way in helping them survive this crisis. :-(

My view on the looting: If you are stealing food or water, that's fine,
and you are doing what you need to do for survival. If you are stealing
non-essentials, you should be shot on sight.

Exactly right! I would feel bad if I didn't donate some cash to the people
that aren't looting... and unfortunately that's what they show on TV the
most..and it looks like little Africa with trim.

The real victims haven't been counted yet......

The good lord works in mysterious ways tho..that hurricane has brought some
much needed rain to the north.

My heart goes out to those folk in the gulf..that's ****ed up.

I talked to a couple hams in Alabama on 10 meters the day before it became a
category 5 storm. They did not seemded concerned. I hope they are OK.

Vinnie S.
Old September 1st 05, 02:42 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 31 Aug 2005 23:08:34 GMT, Steveo wrote:

That is the problem I had. After 9-11, they were donated so much
money, that they went out to purchase new computers systems.

Vinnie S.

I sent $100 to the salvation army, fwiw, I'll send some more soon.

They shouldn't re-build some of that stuff, and I hope none of my
donated money goes to those looting ******s I've seen on TV.

I can forgive the people that stole food, clothes, medicine, etc. But the
**** with the toys and TVs is totally bull****. But saying that, it is a
small percentage of the people doing it. Most of these people are ****
out of luck. I will donate for them. I will also give to the Salvation
Army. Thanks.

Vinnie S.

Rock-on Enzo, those people really got the shaft. Thanks for being such a
decent cement shoe applicator.
Old September 1st 05, 02:44 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
[...]

Tell them mud ducks it's no fair using a hurricane to boost their signal!

(hope they are good too)
Old September 1st 05, 03:49 AM
Vinnie S.

On 01 Sep 2005 01:42:15 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:
On 31 Aug 2005 23:08:34 GMT, Steveo wrote:

That is the problem I had. After 9-11, they were donated so much
money, that they went out to purchase new computers systems.

Vinnie S.

I sent $100 to the salvation army, fwiw, I'll send some more soon.

They shouldn't re-build some of that stuff, and I hope none of my
donated money goes to those looting ******s I've seen on TV.

I can forgive the people that stole food, clothes, medicine, etc. But the
**** with the toys and TVs is totally bull****. But saying that, it is a
small percentage of the people doing it. Most of these people are ****
out of luck. I will donate for them. I will also give to the Salvation
Army. Thanks.

Vinnie S.

Rock-on Enzo, those people really got the shaft. Thanks for being such a
decent cement shoe applicator.

The website errored twice. It must be jam packed.

Vinnie S.

Old September 1st 05, 02:39 PM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
Vinnie S. wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:02:38 -1200, "just me"
wrote:

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
.. .
I would like opinions on the best agency to donate money to. Actually,
I have heard many not so good things about the Red Cross. I have heard
the Salvation Army is much more humanitarian based. Any opinions?

The ARC kinda blew it during 911. They ended up throwing away several
(hundreds I believe - if not more) pints of donated blood that they kept
insisting was needed. I believe they also bumbled cash donations as
well. Seems to me, the head was called in to a hearing to ask why they
screwed up. My personal dealings with them - the "workers" are ok - the
administrators I've dealt with, were in short - ass holes.

jm

That is the problem I had. After 9-11, they were donated so much money,
that they went out to purchase new computers systems.

Vinnie S.

I sent $100 to the salvation army, fwiw, I'll send some more soon.

They shouldn't re-build some of that stuff, and I hope none of my donated
money goes to those looting ******s I've seen on TV.

Any a-hole stealing something other than food, should be shot.
I still don't understand why all these people didn't pay attention
to the warnings & evacuation order, that alone should be reason
to arrest them for stupidity alone.

Landshark

--
__
o /' )

Old September 3rd 05, 02:50 AM
Chuckie Brash

The Red Cross is okay if you don't mind helping to finance new office
buildings and 300-500 thousand dollar salaries for the top exec's. Not to
mention their continuing support for communist tyrants around the world.
Salvation Army personnel generally live a meager lifestyle in order to help
others.

AMATEUR DONATIONS NEEDED Steve Swap 1 February 23rd 04 06:36 AM
HAM EQUIPMENT DONATIONS NEEDED N2ION Equipment 4 January 21st 04 03:57 AM
HAM EQUIPMENT DONATIONS NEEDED N2ION Equipment 0 January 7th 04 04:52 PM
DONATIONS NEEDED N2ION Equipment 0 December 25th 03 10:42 PM
DONATIONS NEEDED N2ION Equipment 0 December 25th 03 10:42 PM