Old August 31st 05, 12:50 AM
U-Know-Who

Default OT Best venue for Katrina donations

I would like opinions on the best agency to donate money to. Actually, I
have heard many not so good things about the Red Cross. I have heard the
Salvation Army is much more humanitarian based. Any opinions?

Old August 31st 05, 01:50 AM
Vinnie S.

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:50:22 GMT, "U-Know-Who" wrote:

I would like opinions on the best agency to donate money to. Actually, I
have heard many not so good things about the Red Cross. I have heard the
Salvation Army is much more humanitarian based. Any opinions?

I was looking to donate. But I want the damn money to go to the victims, and not
to administration.

Vinnie S.

Old August 31st 05, 03:09 PM
BKB

Get a JOB first Chuckie!
YOU know who............

.. .

Old August 31st 05, 11:24 PM
Vinnie S.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:02:38 -1200, "just me" wrote:

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
.. .
I would like opinions on the best agency to donate money to. Actually, I
have heard many not so good things about the Red Cross. I have heard the
Salvation Army is much more humanitarian based. Any opinions?

The ARC kinda blew it during 911. They ended up throwing away several
(hundreds I believe - if not more) pints of donated blood that they kept
insisting was needed. I believe they also bumbled cash donations as well.
Seems to me, the head was called in to a hearing to ask why they screwed up.
My personal dealings with them - the "workers" are ok - the administrators
I've dealt with, were in short - ass holes.

jm

That is the problem I had. After 9-11, they were donated so much money, that
they went out to purchase new computers systems.

Vinnie S.
Old September 1st 05, 12:08 AM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:02:38 -1200, "just me"
wrote:

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
.. .
I would like opinions on the best agency to donate money to. Actually,
I have heard many not so good things about the Red Cross. I have heard
the Salvation Army is much more humanitarian based. Any opinions?

The ARC kinda blew it during 911. They ended up throwing away several
(hundreds I believe - if not more) pints of donated blood that they kept
insisting was needed. I believe they also bumbled cash donations as
well. Seems to me, the head was called in to a hearing to ask why they
screwed up. My personal dealings with them - the "workers" are ok - the
administrators I've dealt with, were in short - ass holes.

jm

That is the problem I had. After 9-11, they were donated so much money,
that they went out to purchase new computers systems.

Vinnie S.

I sent $100 to the salvation army, fwiw, I'll send some more soon.

They shouldn't re-build some of that stuff, and I hope none of my donated
money goes to those looting ******s I've seen on TV.
Old September 1st 05, 12:58 AM
U-Know-Who

"Steveo" wrote in message
Vinnie S. wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:02:38 -1200, "just me"
wrote:

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Now Steve, please don't be that way. They have no electricity, food, water
or shelter, but a big screen TV, stereo, DVD player, or some really nice
jewelry can go a long way in helping them survive this crisis. :-(

My view on the looting: If you are stealing food or water, that's fine, and
you are doing what you need to do for survival. If you are stealing
non-essentials, you should be shot on sight.

Old September 1st 05, 01:16 AM
Steveo

"U-Know-Who" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Vinnie S. wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:02:38 -1200, "just me"
wrote:

"U-Know-Who" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Exactly right! I would feel bad if I didn't donate some cash to the people
that aren't looting... and unfortunately that's what they show on TV the
most..and it looks like little Africa with trim.

The real victims haven't been counted yet......

The good lord works in mysterious ways tho..that hurricane has brought some
much needed rain to the north.

My heart goes out to those folk in the gulf..that's ****ed up.

AMATEUR DONATIONS NEEDED Steve Swap 1 February 23rd 04 06:36 AM
HAM EQUIPMENT DONATIONS NEEDED N2ION Equipment 4 January 21st 04 03:57 AM
HAM EQUIPMENT DONATIONS NEEDED N2ION Equipment 0 January 7th 04 04:52 PM
DONATIONS NEEDED N2ION Equipment 0 December 25th 03 10:42 PM
DONATIONS NEEDED N2ION Equipment 0 December 25th 03 10:42 PM