Old November 12th 05, 01:20 AM
Steveo

Default FCC actions

Scott in Baltimore wrote:
Steveo wrote:
Scott in Baltimore wrote:

I'd love to use my CB more. There is almost no one decent left around
here.

The isle of death.

Yup! It's not a matter of hating or liking something.
It's a matter of being able to use a radio, any radio!

Dang, isn't that area fairly well populated? Are you telling me there's too
many assholes in the air?
Old November 12th 05, 01:26 AM
jerry

That's one reason I got my ticket, it allows me more places to
go and find someone who actually wants to talk on radio.

I'd love to use my CB more. There is almost no one decent left around
here.

I found the closer you get to a metropolitan area, the more b.s. you
encounter. It would be nice to have another channel devoted to traffic
conditions and decent conversation among drivers without the b.s. from
solicitations, stupid noise toys,etc. But this won't happen because the
jokers will follow us to that channel and we're back where we started.
There are many of us who are decent, but who hears us, except here. Any
ideas?

Old November 12th 05, 03:11 AM
jerry

That's one reason I got my ticket, it allows me more places to
go and find someone who actually wants to talk on radio.

I'd love to use my CB more. There is almost no one decent left around
here.

I found the closer you get to a metropolitan area, the more b.s. you
encounter. It would be nice to have another channel devoted to traffic
conditions and decent conversation among drivers without the b.s. from
solicitations, stupid noise toys,etc. But this won't happen because the
jokers will follow us to that channel and we're back where we started.
There are many of us who are decent, but who hears us, except here. Any
ideas?

Have you tried SSB?

No. But that is a good idea for those starting out or really intense about
avoiding all the crap out there. I am retired on a limited income and am
perfectly happy with my rig. If I were younger, perhaps that would be an
option. What I was getting at is why should a 70 year old man who has been
thru the good times, when cb was young, then the bad times, when 23 channels
weren't sufficient, then the good times, when cb expanded to 40 cannels,
then these times. This is nothing like it used to be. I know times change. I
guess I'm just venting and should accept it, but if the FCC should ever go
to the southside of Indy for a week, they could issue fines to subsidize the
FCC for a lengthy period of time. 10-10

Old November 12th 05, 03:29 AM
Steveo

"jerry" wrote:

[...]

Dang alligator station!

F the CC

Old November 20th 05, 08:39 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Dana

You need to listen to Neil Boortz.

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Steveo wrote:

"TNT" wrote:
What a waste of time.

lets go get the terrorist who use radios, Oh that's right they have
rights.

F'm..lets get them anyway. I hear we have a nice resort for their
interrogation.