Old December 12th 05, 01:36 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
dkennedy

Default Midland 79-290 with modifications

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Midland 79-290 CB radio with
all the mods done?

Old December 12th 05, 03:13 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

On 12 Dec 2005 05:36:52 -0800, "dkennedy" wrote:

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Midland 79-290 CB radio with
all the mods done?

I friend of mine was talking on a brand new on of these, on 37 LSB. It sounded
terrible. These are notorious for bad adjacent channel rejection. Aside, from
the digital front panel, I have not heard great things about it.

Vinnie S.
Old December 13th 05, 10:42 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
dkennedy

Well there goes that idea, I wanted a cool looking cb/ssb/weather radio
to mount in my new Jeep Commander. By the way, does a combo radio exist
with cb/ssb/weather/shortwave/frs and a mod to listen to 10 meter? I
don't have a ham radio license but I enjoy listening.

Old December 13th 05, 09:20 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

On 13 Dec 2005 02:42:44 -0800, "dkennedy" wrote:

Well there goes that idea, I wanted a cool looking cb/ssb/weather radio
to mount in my new Jeep Commander. By the way, does a combo radio exist
with cb/ssb/weather/shortwave/frs and a mod to listen to 10 meter? I
don't have a ham radio license but I enjoy listening.

You might need a couple radios for all that. There are several 10 meter radios
that cover the CB band, but not vice versa.

Vinnie S.
Old December 14th 05, 07:32 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore

dkennedy wrote:
Well there goes that idea, I wanted a cool looking cb/ssb/weather radio
to mount in my new Jeep Commander. By the way, does a combo radio exist
with cb/ssb/weather/shortwave/frs and a mod to listen to 10 meter? I
don't have a ham radio license but I enjoy listening.

That radio is called an IC-706MKIIG.

With the mod, it covers everything, has 100 watts on HF, and will do
49MHz, MURS and FRS. I think it misses 220 though. With a tech ticket,
you could cover a lot of ground with that one.

Old December 14th 05, 12:01 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
dkennedy

THANK YOU! Looks great and would look very good in my Jeep Commander.
Do I need a HAM license to have one if the police see it??

Old December 14th 05, 01:00 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

On 14 Dec 2005 04:01:47 -0800, "dkennedy" wrote:

THANK YOU! Looks great and would look very good in my Jeep Commander.
Do I need a HAM license to have one if the police see it??

No. You need a license to transmit on ham bands. And you also need a beats of an
antenna, to cover all the bands.

Vinnie S.
Old December 14th 05, 01:14 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steveo

wrote:

THANK YOU! Looks great and would look very good in my Jeep Commander.
Do I need a HAM license to have one if the police see it??

No. You need a license to transmit on ham bands. And you also need a
beats of an antenna, to cover all the bands.

Vinnie S.

Like this?

http://www.theplug.net/2003.03/mystery13.jpg
Old December 14th 05, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S.

wrote:

THANK YOU! Looks great and would look very good in my Jeep Commander.
Do I need a HAM license to have one if the police see it??

No. You need a license to transmit on ham bands. And you also need a
beats of an antenna, to cover all the bands.

Vinnie S.

Like this?

http://www.theplug.net/2003.03/mystery13.jpg

LOL. No. A "beast" of an antenna !

I type like crap !

Vinnie S.
Old December 14th 05, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steveo

wrote:

THANK YOU! Looks great and would look very good in my Jeep Commander.
Do I need a HAM license to have one if the police see it??

No. You need a license to transmit on ham bands. And you also need a
beats of an antenna, to cover all the bands.

Vinnie S.

Like this?

http://www.theplug.net/2003.03/mystery13.jpg

LOL. No. A "beast" of an antenna !

I type like crap !

Vinnie S.

HaHa, I knew what you meant.

Stupid CB modifications Jim CB 15 July 18th 05 11:30 PM
Kiwa Modifications on Kenwood R5000 Kelly Pierce Shortwave 10 February 6th 05 02:41 PM
Modifications to the Icom R-70 David Stinson Shortwave 2 January 23rd 05 04:38 PM
DX-398 modifications cqdx Shortwave 1 December 11th 04 06:33 AM
FA: COLLINS MODIFICATIONS & SERVICE MANUAL mike Swap 0 November 1st 03 04:33 PM