Old June 23rd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.cb
an old friend

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewith other.

DrDeath wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
DrDeath wrote:

SNIPPED

Something I just thought of at the spur of the moment (not to mention
keeps me on topic), some disabled person should sue to remove ALL code
requirements, or offer an exclusion to those with disabilities to not
have to take ANY code test under the Americans with Disability Act. I'm
sure that person could even get a free ACLU lawyer to handle it.

Many years ago, 1950s, there was a very active 10 meter ham in Danvers,
Massachusetts, during the period of Class A, B and C licenses. He was an
arthritic quadriplegic. He was wheel chair bound, lived alone, and
required visiting help to get into and out of bed and have his meals
prepared and served.

He had a Class C [Conditional] license. He learned to copy 'read' CW in
his head although he did not have the ability to send. I don't think he
would consider a lawsuit appropriate.

so what?

with all due respsct to this man his problem were not mine (nor mine
his)

Some of the OTs on this list may have worked him. W1JFS, Les MacCrakin.
God Rest His Soul.

/s/ DD, W1MCE

He may not, but others that may be dyslexic, deaf, or other handicapped
person may deem a lawsuit appropriate.

May word begin to look for the accololypse I agree with every word in a
post from Dr Death

aloouth the use of this story doess illustrate what is called in some
circle "cripple casts" where the more visible handicaps claim if they
greater entitlement to accomodation

and as I have said it has been disucussed aclu is not interested and a
few people I know are looking for an antonry to take it on, however few
are willing as long as the FCC contiues to dangle the likehood they
would act in less than the 5 or years prusuing that would take