Old July 26th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Decent Radio/Noiseblocker?

Hey hey.

I've tried 3 different radios, Midland 1001z (cheapest), some Uniden
pro 510, and a cobra 75 wx (handheld type with "soundtracker".).

All of them for the most part sounded as good as the cheapest Midland
1001z. I'm looking for any recommendations on any radios that might
have a noiseblocker which might help reduce some of my fuel pump noise,
and powerline noise concerns that I have. I'm taking back the Cobra,
and debating whether or not to get the cheaper midland again, or if
there's some whiz bang radio that someone recommends.

Preferably one with a P.A.

BTW, The Midland 1001Z is *AWESOME* for the price. I bought mine for
40$ but I've seen them online for 20$ + S&H. PA, RF Gain, Squelch (of
course). Small compact size. The speaker on it is awesomely loud and
clear. Sounded much better than the Uniden 510 (Their cheaper/cheapest
model). The case on the midland is grounded. I was UNABLE to power up
by grounding the outside case..

Just a weird observation.

Old July 26th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 26 Jul 2006 14:52:35 -0700, "SparkySKO" wrote
in om:

[...]

That's the difference between RF ground and DC ground. The cases of
many CB radios are DC isolated from the power supply ground, but at
the same time are AC coupled to it with capacitors to allow an RF
ground. But it is interesting that your coax shield is isolated from
the case -- I haven't seen that too often.

Old July 27th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Okay, as it turns out, Soundtracker *IS* different from Noiseblocker
and ANL.

The Cobra 29 has all 3.

I guess I'll try to find a radio with NB and see if it can reduce the
fuel pump noise.

WTT nice looking and working Compaq laptop pc for a decent C.B. type ssb base radio [email protected] Swap 3 November 1st 05 03:08 PM
Decent mods for pro-2052 AC Scanner 1 June 9th 05 07:31 PM
Decent Cigarette Lighter Plugs? WHERE?? Brian Kelly Equipment 34 January 18th 04 09:09 PM
Decent Cigarette Lighter Plugs? WHERE?? Brian Kelly Equipment 0 January 10th 04 11:48 PM