Old January 8th 05, 04:30 AM
Charles Brabham

"Paul Rubin" wrote in message

I was thinking in terms of DSSS on the HF bands, for reliable, long
haul data traffic at very low bit rates. Am I nuts?

Here's a way to get reliable, long haul data traffic at low bit rates:

http://www.uspacket.org/plan_a.htm

Charles, N5PVL

Old January 8th 05, 04:47 AM
VE3ELQ

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 17:43:53 -0500, "Jim" wrote:

Thanks Jim, I ran it down and joined the digitalradio reflector yahoo
group which has some info there. Also worked a 3 way on 80 meter MFSK
tonight and both guys had Olivia capability and were most helpfull.
But 1khz BW? Jury is still out on that one. Cheers Nigel VE3ELQ

It's called "Olivia." It's a MFSK variant with multiple tones and bandwidth
settings which are currently user selectable The default setup is 32 tones
with a bandwidth of 1000Hz. The mode uses forward error correction allowing
weak signal reception. The made is being developed by Pawel Jalocha,
SP9VRC.

Old April 3rd 05, 04:57 PM

When I use IE 6 to go to these sites I cannot not listen to the sound
bytes, Windows Media Player starts and then informs me that it cannot
play the file. If I use Netscape 7.2 I can listen to them using WMP.
WMP is the default wav file player. Anybody know by it won't work with
IE?

73 de Glenn...VE4GN

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:51:49 -0800, "Caveat Lector"
wrote:

Nigel maybe compare it to the digital on-line sounds at these URL's
http://www.wunclub.com/sounds/

http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/

http://rover.wiesbaden.netsurf.de/~s.../DIG_intro.htm

Good Luck
--
Caveat Lector

Old April 3rd 05, 10:19 PM

Thanks for your prompt response, Danny. Question.

1) If Netscape/WMP does not need Quick Time why does IE6/WMP?
Also a quick check using Google indicates that Quick Time is an Apple
program so I assume it won't fly with Windows XP.

Glenn

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 10:41:59 -0700, Dan Richardson
wrote:

You need to install QuickTime.

Danny, K6MHE