Old February 22nd 05, 09:04 PM
Howard

Default EchoLink

Has anyone set up a D-Link DI-624+ for use with EchoLink. I've set it up as
the example in the EchoLink help file but it doesn't work. It works OK with
a standard DSL modem.
Thanks. Howard.

Old February 22nd 05, 11:30 PM
Tony VE6MVP

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:04:33 -0000, "Howard"
wrote:

Has anyone set up a D-Link DI-624+ for use with EchoLink. I've set it up as
the example in the EchoLink help file but it doesn't work. It works OK with
a standard DSL modem.

There are two firewalls. One being the hardware the DI624 and the
other being one that might come with your operating system.

What operating system are you running and if it's Win XP have you
opened up the two ports for Echolink as well?

Tony
Old February 23rd 05, 07:57 AM
Panzer240

"Howard" wrote in
:

Has anyone set up a D-Link DI-624+ for use with EchoLink. I've set it up
as the example in the EchoLink help file but it doesn't work. It works
OK with a standard DSL modem.
Thanks. Howard.

Try this .... Put the computer you run EchoLink on in the DI-624's DMZ.
DOes it work now ?? IF so then there is a router problem. IF not and you
are using a personal firewall, disable it and try it. Does it work now ??
Yes... the remove the computer from the router's DMZ and back behind the
hardware firewall. Still working, problem is the firewall you disabled.
Either it requires configuration or uninstalling

BTW if you have WinXP and SP2 then the MS personal firewall is also
running by default. You can set it up for Echolink by going to Start--
Control Panel and there selecting Windows Firewall. Once the Windows
Firewall config window opens, click on the Exceptions tab and make sure
EchoLink is listed. IF not click on Add and browse to the Echolink
executable (default is C:\Program Files\K1RFD\EchoLink\EchoLink.exe) and
click OK to add it.

Hope it helps

--
Panzer

Old February 23rd 05, 02:24 PM
F8BOE

Hello,

I've got an upgraded 714P+ that works finally, using settings as they are
explained on the firewall solutions pages.
Have you still the original firmware installed in it?
Do you use a firewall program?

73 de F8BOE Olivier ...-.-

Old February 24th 05, 02:51 PM
Howard James

I've just upgraded the firmware to 2.05 from 2.02 and it still doesn't work.
It's a DI-624+. The operating system is Win 98 and no firewall on that PC.
Looks like I'll have to unplug the router and plug in the modem everytime I
want to use EchoLink. Is it just the one entry in \Advanced\Applications
that you've filled in. I even put the PC onto DMZ and it still didn't work.
Howard.

Old February 24th 05, 05:47 PM
Buck

Any one use the CompUSA router/firewall? I had manipulated mine to
work one time but haven't been able to duplicate the success since.
Right now I activate my Norton Firewall and set up the DMZ to my
computer.

Thanks

--
73 for now
Buck
Old March 24th 05, 10:44 PM
Data

The normal problem with echolink & a router is port forwarding. Ports 5198 &
5199 need to be forwarded in UDP format not TCP/IP. On the echolink site
there is a test utility to test your connection & hardware.
It will produce a report telling you what is going on.
Basically if the above ports are mentioned then you can bet that they need
forwarding in the router config.

Paul

Old April 3rd 05, 10:01 AM
Frits

Howard schreef:
Has anyone set up a D-Link DI-624+ for use with EchoLink. I've set it up as
the example in the EchoLink help file but it doesn't work. It works OK with
a standard DSL modem.
Thanks. Howard.

Hi,
Maybe this will help a bit.
I have a D-Link 614+ and have it set up as follows:
ADVANCED Tab
Applications:

Special Application

Special Application is used to run applications that require multiple
connections.

Enabled
Name Echolink
Trigger Port 5198 - 5199