Old November 14th 03, 12:46 PM
charlesb

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
news:M43tb.551$Cb6.338@okepread03...
"Hank Oredson" wrote
"Gene Storey" wrote

"Some people" will always live in the past.

Could be they (TAPR) don't want to limit themselves to a technology

that is
now fully obsolete, and 90% of Hams have abandoned.

Ah yes, that obsolete technology called ... radio.

No. You missed the whole point of my well worded position

All that anti-ham drivel you were spouting?

(and at your
age, we can allow for wet pants and confusion). Let me repeat, the thing
that is fully obsolete is ax.25 and the forms of FSK used to carry it.

Well now, let's just take a look at what's actually going on... There are
two major AX25 networks that cover the entire east coast of the US, going
from 200 miles to 1500 miles inland, owned operated and enjoyed by thousands
of hams every day, who use those networks to save lives and properties every
year.... And then there are the AX25 ARRL skipnets on HF that tie together
different sections of the country via amateur radio, along with overseas
links of course, and the hundreds of smaller VHF/UHF packet nets scattered
around the country, and the new ARES packet radio nets that are popping up
here and there, partially funded by the dept. of homeland security....

And then there's uh, uh.... Oh, I forgot what it was that you were saying
had "obsoleted" amateur packet radio? Where is your ham radio alternative,
and how many hams use it every day?

What is obsolete is your nasty anti-ham attitude. Packet Radio is doing just
fine, thank you, growing and advancing every day, saving property and lives.

You have nothing to show because you are just another miserable anti-ham
troll, infesting a newsgroup for ham radio operators. You are real good at
running down what other people do and accomplish, but have nothing to show
for yourself. Lacking any accomplishment to show, and also lacking in
character, your response is to run down the accomplishments of other, better
hams.

- If you are a ham at all, that is. I don't remember seeing a callsign in
your post which says a lot about you, right off the bat. Your ignorant,
nasty, lying attitude does not lead me to believe that you are a ham either.
If you are a ham, then you shouldn't be.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL
Director: USPacket.Net
http://www.uspacket.net

To donate to USPacket.Net, click the link below:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/busine...tem_name=USPac
ket.Net&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US

Old November 14th 03, 06:13 PM
Jim

"charlesb" wrote
"Gene Storey" wrote
[...]

Your technical defense of FSK is noted. Show me a map of this "network."

Old November 14th 03, 08:18 PM
Hank Oredson

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
"Hank Oredson" wrote
"Gene Storey" wrote

"Some people" will always live in the past.

Could be they (TAPR) don't want to limit themselves to a technology that

is
now fully obsolete, and 90% of Hams have abandoned.

Ah yes, that obsolete technology called ... radio.

No. You missed the whole point of my well worded position (and at your
age, we can allow for wet pants and confusion). Let me repeat, the thing
that is fully obsolete is ax.25 and the forms of FSK used to carry it.

So do something better.
Others have tried ... and failed ... your turn!

--

... Hank

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net
W0RLI: http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old November 16th 03, 09:22 PM
Robert Rochte

"Gene Storey" wrote (amongst other things)...

Even wireless devices have abandoned Spread Spectrum, and gone for OFDM
for speed (802.11g).

The many flavours of OFDM are, by definition, spread spectrum.

(Please leave me out of the rest of the argument - all of these topics
seem to get *way* out of hand and far too personal!)

73,
Robert
KC8UCH