Old November 30th 03, 03:25 PM
*Watt

Default APRS Weather standalone

Greetings,

I am looking at putting up a standalone APRS weather unit, and would like to
hear from anyone who has done this successfully.

This will be at a remote location, where it will be a major pain in the rear
to do a reset, so reliability will be a top priority.

We will have access to 110v at the location, but since it is out in the
boonies it is susceptible to brief outages.

The equipment that I have looked at is the Peet Bros 2k and 2100, which
advertises APRS compatibility out of the box. Is anyone actually using one
?

If we go with Peet Bros, which TNC has worked for you ?

And this is a standalone, dedicated operation for APRS, is one of the low
cost MFJ packet radios suitable for this environemnt ? Are they durable
enough ?

Any other radio suggestions ?

Thanks for your opinions...

Watt

Old November 30th 03, 08:25 PM
Jim

Read August 2003 QST.

news1oyb.7238$LV1.2383@okepread05...

Old December 1st 03, 01:59 AM
*Watt

Jim,

As fate would have it, the August issue is the only one this year that I
*don't* have.

I looked at the ARRL website to see if their articles are online, and this
one is not available online.

Any chance you can email me a jpg, bmp or gif copy ? Thanks !

*Watt

"Jim" wrote in message
Read August 2003 QST.

Old December 1st 03, 01:59 AM
*Watt

Jim,

As fate would have it, the August issue is the only one this year that I
*don't* have.

I looked at the ARRL website to see if their articles are online, and this
one is not available online.

Any chance you can email me a jpg, bmp or gif copy ? Thanks !

*Watt

"Jim" wrote in message
Read August 2003 QST.

Old December 1st 03, 06:14 AM
Dana Myers

*Watt wrote:
Jim,

As fate would have it, the August issue is the only one this year that I
*don't* have.

I looked at the ARRL website to see if their articles are online, and this
one is not available online.

Any chance you can email me a jpg, bmp or gif copy ? Thanks !

I'll bet your local library has the original magazine and a
photocopying machine.

Dana

Old December 1st 03, 10:53 PM
Steve Nosko

It was W9IF:

http://w9if.net

"*Watt" wrote in message
news1oyb.7238$LV1.2383@okepread05...
Greetings,

I am looking at putting up a standalone APRS weather unit, and would like

hear from anyone who has done this successfully.

Iridum and weather msg on /mm ? Thierry Antenna 0 December 8th 04 05:45 PM
The exciting world of APRS Michael Antenna 0 August 30th 04 01:13 PM
APRS Linked Repeaters Dick Digital 13 August 21st 03 01:52 AM
Good mobile APRS rig? VHFRadioBuff Digital 6 July 16th 03 01:04 PM
Good mobile APRS rig? VHFRadioBuff Digital 0 July 15th 03 02:08 AM