Old May 20th 04, 06:19 PM
stewart

Dana Myers wrote in message news:4089f2d8$1@wobble...
David Hubbell wrote:

Hi Dave,
If my memory serves, MURS 151.8?? allows data. Trouble is that you can only
use 2w pep I think.
http://www.provide.net/~prsg/murs_faq.htm

Yeah, where's MURS-Stu?

Here I am...

The no-license MURS service allows 2W transmitter power, gain
antennas, and voice/data.

- Stewart
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MURS-OPEN
Old May 20th 04, 10:18 PM
stewart

"dave d" wrote in message ...
Well, I guess I could have done a little searching first: it seems that
homebrew digital is not permitted in either service, any digital formats
must be type-accepted. Does anyone know if there is any business service
that allows non-standard digital transmissions?

The no-license MURS service allows 2W transmitter power, gain
antennas, and voice/data.

Some work has been done on generating a new protocol standard,
optimized for today's applications over medium speed (1200-19.2Kbps)
RF links:

Old May 20th 04, 10:18 PM
stewart

"dave d" wrote in message ...
Well, I guess I could have done a little searching first: it seems that
homebrew digital is not permitted in either service, any digital formats
must be type-accepted. Does anyone know if there is any business service
that allows non-standard digital transmissions?

The no-license MURS service allows 2W transmitter power, gain
antennas, and voice/data.

Some work has been done on generating a new protocol standard,
optimized for today's applications over medium speed (1200-19.2Kbps)
RF links:

- Stewart
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MURS-OPEN

Could packet radio replace my Internet connection? [email protected] Digital 18 February 22nd 04 09:55 AM
Packet without TNC on Windows - assistance appreciated [email protected] Digital 4 February 13th 04 08:06 PM
Packet without TNC on Windows - assistance appreciated [email protected] Digital 0 February 3rd 04 09:08 PM
Packet Newbie Greg Courville Digital 2 September 19th 03 06:42 AM
Packet Newbie Greg Courville Digital 0 September 19th 03 05:58 AM