Old November 27th 04, 04:46 PM
PalmaG72

Default AM dxing

Is there a newsgroup for AM radio dxing
Old November 27th 04, 04:55 PM
Lars E. Pettersson

On 11/27/2004 05:46 PM, PalmaG72 wrote:
Is there a newsgroup for AM radio dxing

I think that would be rec.radio.shortwave

Lars

Old November 27th 04, 05:17 PM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

Yes -- see rec.radio.shortwave

Lots of posts there about AM DXing from time to time.

Lots of junk there as well -- so you will have to weed thru the junk

Also check YAHOO Groups -- there are some there

--
The Anon Keyboard
I doubt, therefore I might be

Old November 30th 04, 05:50 PM
Peter Dougherty

Bill Turner said :

Shame on you, Jim. :-)
Are you saying you never tuned your car radio while driving late at
night trying to pick up some AM DX? Any *real* DXer would.

Back in the 80s I'd agreed to be an Arbitron radio "rater," for lack
of a better term. I was given a little journal book to indicate what
radio stations I listened to in 1/4 hour segments over a 3 month
period.

About a week after submitting my duly-completed book back to Arbitron,
I got a phone call asking me if I thought is was some sort of joke and
what were my answers supposed to represent. Of course, except for a
couple of local newscasts, I never listened to the hideous crap that
masquerades as listenable content on Toronto's airwaves. I duly
pointed out that at no point in the instructions was I restricted to
local broadcast stations only.

My book was about 50% AM-band DX (mostly WCBS, WABC, KMOX, WTIC, WLW,
WJR, WHO, WGN, WRNO, WWVA, WBBM and WSM), a few Short Wave entries
from Deutch Welle, the BBC, Radio Moscow and Radio Canada
International, Weather Radio Canada on VHF, two 2m amateur repeaters
and the Metropolitan Toronto Police Force and Toronto Fire Department
radio systems.

Funny, but I was never asked to participate again for some strange
reason....

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net