Old May 2nd 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default OK, where'd he get *that* from???

Weird.

I got a PSE QSL card direct in the mail today from a JA station. On the
back, it says "Please QSL for US county award. Thank you." - and
hand-written in is "ILL WINNEBAGO Co.".

Had to go back and double-check. I've only ever operated from
Winnebago County, Illinois from the mobile - but the QSO was on 20 meters
where I might have worked a JA from the car. But the log shows a mere
half-hour later, I worked two VE3s on 160 meters and then a bunch of DX on
80. I've never worked a DX station from the mobile on 80, nor have I ever
had a 160-meter antenna for the mobile. My home station is 650km from
Winnebago County, so obviously I didn't just go home & work them from the
base station!

But the QSO *does* check with my log; I *did* work this JA at the time
specified, on the band specified.

So where did he get the idea I was in Winnebago County?

Strange.

(I hope he'll still be happy. There's a lot fewer hams here in Cheatham
Co., Tennessee than there are in Winnebago County, Illinois, though
between myself and K4RO, Cheatham probably isn't any rarer!)

Old May 2nd 07, 12:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
No Name

Doug Smith W9WI wrote:
Weird.

I got a PSE QSL card direct in the mail today from a JA ..
But the QSO *does* check with my log; I *did* work this JA at the time
specified, on the band specified.
So where did he get the idea I was in Winnebago County?

Maybe you were passed by an RV while you were talking
to the JA, and you said something about Winnebagos? :-)

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001
Old May 2nd 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Wed, 02 May 2007 11:27:18 +0000, kuzen001 wrote:
Maybe you were passed by an RV while you were talking

Man, I don't want to think about sending the word "Winnebago" on CW!
Old May 4th 07, 05:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Doug Smith W9WI schreef:
So where did he get the idea I was in Winnebago County?

Strange.

(I hope he'll still be happy. There's a lot fewer hams here in Cheatham
Co., Tennessee than there are in Winnebago County, Illinois, though
between myself and K4RO, Cheatham probably isn't any rarer!)

Check out the site below, it may have something to do with it

www.engrish.com