Old May 1st 08, 10:51 AM
Junior Member

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-05-01

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

Please do welcome the latest VHF-DX-NEWS in short form
via the NEWSLETTER of "Make More Miles on VHF" the VHF-DX-Portal.
The Newsletter shall be send out one or two times a week. We do
use mostly weekday fri./sat. and/or tue./wed. to inform you...

For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

!!!NEW!!! 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint Contest !!!NEW!!!

The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF (http://www.MMMonVHF.de) in cooperation
with the magazines DUBUS and Funk-Telegramm (by Joachim, DL8HCZ)
invite you to take part in our new 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint Contest,
which will take place for the first time in the 2008 Perseid shower.
The 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint Contest will take place each year on
the day of the from IMO (International Meteor Organization) announced
maximum of the Perseid shower. Participants may submit all their QSOs
done between 0000 UT to 2359 UT at August 12th. 2008
PLEASE do find the rules for these new activity contest at:
English PDF: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/img/pdf/MMMonVHF_Sprint_E.pdf
PDF in Deutsch: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/img/pdf/MMMonVHF_Sprint_D.pdf

***

New Tools at MMMonVHF, do need new People who work that out ;-)
After Massimo, IV3NDC, did join our Team past month, again two very
active and wellknown VHF-DXer will join the Team of the VHF-DX-Portal
Make More Miles on VHF. We are happy to welcome:
Dick, PA2DW and back after long time Udo, DK5YA.
Dick will build up a new section at the Ppropagation Pages for AURORA
communication in the coming months, while Udo will help with all his
knowledge and long years of own experience at our just new Sporadic E
section. Please do help both new team-members with your input!
All infos around our Team: (http://www.mmmonvhf.de/team.php)

***

144 MHz "Sporadic E" Summary (http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php)

"Sporadic E" may be considered the most important ionospheric
propagation mode in VHF dxing supporting long distance communication
even with low power radio stations (read more at http://www.df5ai.net)
As well as in past years, also in 2008 there will be again an over-
view of the big "Sporadic E" openings on 144 MHz. We thank Steffen,
DM2SR and Udo, DK5YA, for their fabulous work, which have been done
in the past years and also for the agreement to take the job now
over to the VHF-DX-Portal Make More Miles on VHF. Responsable team
members for these new section will be Frank, PA4EME, with the help
of Udo, DK5YA, who will collect daily infos and spread these at our
new Propagation Section: "ES" (http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php)
Each logged in person is able to upload his/her Sporadic E Log here!
Later the opening will be viewed and comments around will be made.
As well an overview of past years openings will be available later on.
So please do welcome these new tool at MMMonVHF and hope there will
be soon the first good Sporadic E openings to report about...

***

...METEORSCATTER - NEXT MS-SHOWER: ETA-Aquarids...
We have had come now to the periode were the first meteor showers for
the meteorscatter friends are usable again! From up begin of may
there are several MS-showers which are potential enough to give some
good reflection rate for playing our nice hobby again. Specially in
the Southern Hemisphere the may and june shower are the biggest MS
events of the year! The new MS-Shower PEAKS (ETA, Arietids and
Zeta-Perseids) are updated and will be shown at our Make More Miles
MS-Propagationpage: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php

***

SM5CUI, Rune, pass following sad information:
In the Swedish society magazine QTC, I could today read that another
wellknown SM-EME ham is SK. I have no further information, but if it's
true, I will send this info, and also condolences to his family.
As well as Rune, the Team of MMMonVHF will as well pass our deep
sympathy and condolences to his family. Rest in peace, Ulf!

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

READ more NEWS, EXPEDITIONS.... at: http://www.MMMonVHF.de

Have a lot of fun and enjoy our VHF-DX-Portal http://www.MMMonVHF.de!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
in the name of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)

MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-04-25 Guy DL8EBW MMMonVHF Dx 0 April 29th 08 09:18 AM
GELLER MEDIA INTL NEWSLETTER/ GELLER MEDIA INTERNATIONAL -NEWSLETTER SUMMER [email protected] Broadcasting 0 June 24th 07 12:37 PM
K1MAN NEWSLETTER Louie Dogbreath General 2 December 6th 04 02:44 AM
K1MAN NEWSLETTER Sir Cumference Policy 1 December 6th 04 02:44 AM
K1MAN NEWSLETTER Louie Dogbreath Policy 0 November 28th 04 03:46 AM