Old May 3rd 08, 10:16 AM
Junior Member

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-05-03

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

Please do welcome the latest VHF-DX-NEWS in short form
via the NEWSLETTER of "Make More Miles on VHF" the VHF-DX-Portal.
The Newsletter shall be send out one or two times a week. We do
use mostly weekday fri./sat. and/or tue./wed. to inform you...

For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Remember - today and tomorrow are VHF-CONTESTs around the World.
If you wants to leave your claimed Scores, still the VHF-Pages of
Steffen, DM2SR, are the right place for it - use:
http://www.vhf-contest.com/?id=0 or http://www.vhf-contest.com/?id=1

***

MONDAY the MS Shower ETA Aquarids are at its PEAK - For Radio Observers,
the (theoretical) UT peaks for the coming shower will be:
η-Aquarids (ETA) , Active: Apr. 19 — May 28 , ZHR : 70+
IMO: May 5 --- 18h UT (λsol = 45°5) *
NEWS and INFOS around METEORSACTIVITY: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php

***

!!!NEW!!! 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint Contest !!!NEW!!!

The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF (http://www.MMMonVHF.de) in cooperation
with the magazines DUBUS and Funk-Telegramm (by Joachim, DL8HCZ)
invite you to take part in our new 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint Contest,
which will take place for the first time in the 2008 Perseid shower.
The 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint Contest will take place each year on
the day of the from IMO (International Meteor Organization) announced
maximum of the Perseid shower. Participants may submit all their QSOs
done between 0000 UT to 2359 UT at August 12th. 2008
PLEASE do find the rules for these new activity contest at:
English PDF: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/img/pdf/MMMonVHF_Sprint_E.pdf
PDF in Deutsch: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/img/pdf/MMMonVHF_Sprint_D.pdf

***

144 MHz "Sporadic E" Summary (http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php)

"Sporadic E" may be considered the most important ionospheric
propagation mode in VHF dxing supporting long distance communication
even with low power radio stations (read more at http://www.df5ai.net)
As well as in past years, also in 2008 there will be again an over-
view of the big "Sporadic E" openings on 144 MHz. We thank Steffen,
DM2SR and Udo, DK5YA, for their fabulous work, which have been done
in the past years and also for the agreement to take the job now
over to the VHF-DX-Portal Make More Miles on VHF. Responsable team
members for these new section will be Frank, PA4EME, with the help
of Udo, DK5YA, who will collect daily infos and spread these at our
new Propagation Section: "ES" (http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php)
Each logged in person is able to upload his/her Sporadic E Log here!
Later the opening will be viewed and comments around will be made.
As well an overview of past years openings will be available later on.
So please do welcome these new tool at MMMonVHF and hope there will
be soon the first good Sporadic E openings to report about...

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

Hermann, DL2NUD, will be qrv from EA7-Area but not from CN in
April/May 2008 - LATEST NEWS from Jo, DL9MS, dated 2008-05-02:
Hermann is in EA7 now and will be qrv from IM66GX couple of days
until sunday 4th. CN trip was now canceled because the lizens
came some days too late... These morning condx are good:
074700 1 -28 2.7 57 7 * CQ EA/DL2NUD at my two 12el Yagis...

***

Zdenek, OK1DFC, is preparing in cooperation with Dime Z35Z EME
DX pedition to Macedonia. Expecting activity in month Jun 2008 and
activate two band 432 MHz and 1296 MHz. I will be there together with
Zdenek OK3RM as a main assistant for EME 432 MHz. Read more at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1358

read more at http://www.MMMonVHF.de

************************************************** *******************
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal , hope Infos was exiting and all ok ...
************************************************** *******************

Tnx a lot for all incoming news and info. Above news will be from
following SOURCES: USERs of the MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal, IOTA-, SOTA-,
ARRL-, RSGB-, UKSMG, 4M5DX-News, EA6VQ-VHF and up DX news page, DX-MB,
SM7AED 50 MHz Notes, F5NQL-DX-News, 425 DX News, UBA-Traffic-News,
OZ6OM The Daily DX, RA3AQs The Russian VHF Portal, REF-Bulletin, N8OFS,
Radioamateur.ORG, OPDX, ADXO, ICPO, DX-Cal, RAFARS, Mining Project and
info we did find at ON4KST-, EA-V-U-SHF- and N0UK-Chats and others...
WE DO NEED YOUR HELP! If you see, or hear, or work yourself an
expedition, which is NOT (or is WRONG) at our MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal
PLEASE drop us an info using: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php
or pass us a mail! The MMM-Team is trying to spread expedition infos as
up to date and good as possible. We are NOT responceable for . . .
Read more in detail at our MMMonVHF-POLICY if need...

Have a lot of fun and enjoy our VHF-DX-Portal http://www.MMMonVHF.de!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
in the name of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)