Old May 30th 08, 11:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-05-30

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the NEWSLETTER of "Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal, dated 2008-05-30.

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

144 MHz SPORADIC E Summaries 2008 - http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php

As you already have seen the VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF started to work
out the first 144 MHz Sporadic E Openings of the year.
Up to now we have had daily input of logs since 24th of May!
Today some short info and hints about the progress and futu
These Summaries follow-up the ufb work on the pages of Udo, DK5YA and
Steffen, DM2SR. It is a real SUMMARY and NOT a REAL TIME Program.
In the case you want to have real time info about the MUF we recommend
the DX Sherlock by Gabriel, EA6VQ (www.vhfdx.net) or LiveMuf by Dave,
G7RAU (www.g7rau.demon.co.uk/).
MMMonVHF will only collect the LOGs over the day and put it together to
an overview later the day (so NO need to send the LOG twice - its NOT
shown earlier ;-) ). In case of small openings we are able to provide
as well typical QSOs from the DXC to our MAP - BUT we have seen that a
lot of "rubbish" QSOs and SPOTS are via DXC.
The basis for MMMonVHF-Maps are the Log-inputs from YOU! So if YOU work
any 144 MHz Sporadic E QSO please be so kind and send us your log online:
LOGIN at MMMonVHF, go to the Sporadic E page (www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php)
and click "Send your Report". We only be able to accept registered Users
to avoid Spam and Mal-Spots...

***

A Poll at our ES Section initiated by Allard, PE1NWL (DX-Robot) and MMM
"How did you discover this ES opening this time?"
If you pass your ES-Log to MMMonVHF please have a short look at the lower
end of the page - you might mark how you did discover this Sporadic E
opening at these day! After the Sporadic E Saison we will spread the
rsults and maybe try to make some more tools around these stuff...

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

Jussi, OH6ZZ, is happy to announce upcoming pedition to water square
JP91 on 8th June 2008 from up around 10 or 11 UTC abt 8...10 hours.
Jussi will be qrv from a boat on lowest part of # (JP91OA..JP91SA)
abt 70km from land for abt 8...10 hours (depending WX on Sea).
Equipment will be TS2000, TS790, GS35, 3CX800 and one or two 8el short
yagis (depence on wind). He will be transmitting at 144,398 MHz in
FSK441 at 1st periode. To shorten the QSOs he will NOT tx the 73s!
More details updated: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1344
Maybe you SUBSCRIBE the News to be always up to date. If the WX will
not allow the trip or any changes will happen, we will inform you...

***

Jussi, OH6ZZ, will be trying as well to activate OH0 (KO09) after
the JP91-Gig on 9th June 2008. Jussi will sign again OH6ZZ/0 from
KO09CX on 9th june on 2m MS. Equipment will be TS2000, TS790, GS35,
3CX800 and maybe these time 2 Longyagis. He have had very nice results
at the first trip on weekend 24th/25th may 2008 (PLEASE refer our
REVIEW) were he was able to work 78 stations at that place.
Now he will try longer distances... See also some pictures and
info at: http://www.oh6zz.com/ped/KO09/ko09_1.htm

***

Pavel OK1MU (TA2ZAF), Slavek OK1TN and Dan OK1HRA QRV from Kefken
Island, KN51DF, AS-159 with special call TC0W. QRV on HF bands (40m -
10m) for IOTA hunters, plus also on 144 MHz, Tropo and Es opening for
VHF gangs. 50 MHz not SURE. QSL via Jarda, OK2GZ. Thanks for BIG suport
from Ozer TA2RC!! The info will be available in some days also at the
OKDXF-WEBSITE at: http://www.okdxf.eu/

***

KI4TZ, N4BH along with K4DXA will be operating the 2 meter EME station
AA4ZZ during the June VHF contest from EM96. We will have 2 XP20 and a
KW. We will be at an altitude of 4500ft and will have good moonrise
and moonset oportunity. We will being using 144.136 as primary
frequency for CQing. Moon-Times: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1582

***

Operators Tomas/SM6XMY, Sten/SM6MIS, Magnus/SM6WET, Janne/ SM6YOF,
Bengt/SM6UQL, Pierre/SA6AOA and Rick/SM6U will be active as 8S6KOS
from Nordkoster (North Koster - JO58MV) Island, Thursday, May 29th
until Sunday, June 1st. QSOs are also valid for the "Salt Water
Award" (known as Worked All SM6 Islands) as reference number 1548.
Grid square is JO58MV. We will be active on 2m if there is a opening
(which is common as we are close to the ocean), we will not however
work any WSJT modes this time.

***

C9 - Mozambique last news July 16th to 31st. From Frosty, K5LBU:
We will be operating from the Blue Anchor Inn which is about 70Km north
of Maputo. Grid Squa KG64ie. (Long. 32.39.26 E, Lat. 25.35.09 S)
We plan on arriving in Mozambique on July 16th... Read more about
the updates at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1342

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Conrad, G0RUZ, will be QRV portable on 2m , 23cm and 13cm from either
IO94RJ or IO94TE from June 2008. Power is 200W to a 9 ele on 2m, 120W
on 23cm to a 35 ele tonna and 40W to a 25 ele tonna on 13cm.

***

Here are a number of special event stations on air on 1 June. Look out
for GB2ASS and GB4LRG from near Chippenham and GB2GED from Croydon.
All three will be using most HF bands and 2m.

***

SV9/G4XUM now J49K (KM25) - Hi all, i intend to be QRV once again on 4M
from my holiday QTH in Crete between 20th May and 3rd June. Locator will
be KM25CK although i may also try to get to KM15 if i have time.
Equipment is FT847 + 5ele Vine Duo 4/6M Yagi. It is confirmed I have been
issued with the callsign J49K Hope to see you all on the bands! Martin
As well he is qrv on 2m - we did find Martin in a lot of logs at the
big ES at 27th: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php?year=2008&month=05&day=27

***

The Spanish radio society URE (Union de Radioaficionados Espanoles) is
planning a DXpedition to Dili, the capital of East Timor, using the
callsign 4W6R in June 2008. They plan to build up an amateur radio club
station at the university in Dili as well. The equipment -which will
stay in East Timor as a donation- consists of a Kenwood TS-690, a Mosley
beam TA63M, a G5RV antenna and an antenna rotator... Read more Updates:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1357

***

The Associação de Radioamadores da Vila de Moscavide (A.R.V.M. - CT1RVM)
will be active June 14-15th as CS2FD for the Portugal Field Day, from
Montemor Park near the city of Loures (WW Loc. IM58JT). They will be active
for 24 hours, on all bands HF-50-144-432 using Phone, CW, RTTY and TVA.

***

SX24 is a special call from Greece to celebrate the almost 24 centuries
since the birth of Alexander the Great in July, 356 BC in Pella, ancient
northern Greece. Nineteen other calls with the SX24 prefix will also be
on, June 14-22, 160-6M CW, SSB, RTTY and BPSK.

***

For the World Championships of Parachuting which will take place on the
Salmagne airfield, near Maubeuge,( North France), from 9 till 14 August
2008, the OM of the Bassin de la Sambre, leaded by Paul, F0FND, will
activate the special callsign TM0WPC. This special callsign, will be
used 14 days from 3 till 17 August. 160 to 2m in CW, SSB and digitals.
QSL via F5KEB (ARAN 59)

***

OVMRC is Activating The Champlain Trail in 2008
The first activation will take place at the Champlain Look Out in
Gatineau Park on Sunday, June 1st, 2008. HF, VHF, UHF, in CW, SSB, PSK31,
on 20 and 40m. Also, IRLP. Look for us on APRS. In France, the Charente
maritime Hams (REF-Union 17) in connection with the OVMRC will activate
TM4OO , between June 1st to 15th

***

C6APR, will be operating 80- 6 meters from July 23rd late afternoon
through July 27th late evening. LATEST NEWS de Neon, N8OFS, dated
2008-05-29: I would add once we get a run going we will probably move
between 50.110 and 50.125. Also all QSLs to K3IXD.

***

Summits on the Air (SOTA)
Several new SOTA postings for HF and 70 / 144 / 430 MHz.
For a total daily overview we do recommend:
http://www.sotawatch.org/

************************************************** *******************
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal , hope Infos was exiting and all ok ...
************************************************** *******************

Tnx a lot for all incoming news and info. Above news will be from
following SOURCES: USERs of the MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal, IOTA-, SOTA-,
ARRL-, RSGB-, UKSMG, 4M5DX-News, EA6VQ-VHF and up DX news page, DX-MB,
SM7AED 50 MHz Notes, F5NQL-DX-News, 425 DX News, UBA-Traffic-News,
OZ6OMs The Daily DX, RA3AQs The Russian VHF Portal, REF-Bulletin, N8OFS,
Radioamateur.ORG, OPDX, ADXO, ICPO by NG3K, DX-Cal, RAFARS, The Mining
Project, The 4m Forum and info we did find at ON4KST-, EA-V-U-SHF- and
N0UK-Chats and many other sources...
WE DO NEED YOUR HELP! If you see, or hear, or work yourself an
expedition, which is NOT (or is WRONG) at our MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal
PLEASE drop us an info using: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php
or pass us a mail! The MMM-Team is trying to spread expedition infos as
up to date and good as possible. We are NOT responceable for . . .
Read more in detail at our MMMonVHF-POLICY if need...

Have a lot of fun and enjoy our VHF-DX-Portal http://www.MMMonVHF.de!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)