Old May 21st 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-05-21

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

Please find below the NEWSLETTER of Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal. We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or
two times per week.

For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

144 MHz SPORADIC E Evaluation http://www.mmmonvhf.de/eseval.php
You may find here an Evaluation of the MUF data for 144 MHz from
2004 until today. The data source is based upon the great DXrobot
service done by Allard, PE1NWL. The yellow bars show the 'HIGH MUF'
periods and the red bars show the 'ES' periods for 144MHz.
This data is daily updated between beginning of April and the end
of September! The 'Today's MUF / ES' graphics on the top of the ES
page and on our frontpage http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ shows the daily
MUF / ES times. It's updated every 5 minutes. This graphic is free
for linking to from your own website by using this link:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es/es.png

***

Frontpage of MMMonVHF: DXpedition Impressions
Please support us with your DXpedition Impressions! We would really
like to put YOUR pictures of running or already finished DXPeditions
on our startpage. So, please feel free to send us your pictures!
Every nice impression of your DXpedition is welcome! Check out the
current DXPedition impression, which is from the Expedition EV5M
KO54...

***

Notification for MOST-WANTED-SQUARES TOP50 DXpeditions
If you want to get an email notification for any new announced
DXPedition,which is within the MWS Top 50 and within your MWS data,
please login and click the 'Subscribe me' button in the eMWS section.

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

Jussi, OH6ZZ, will be trying to be activate from OH0 (KO09CX) in
advance of the JP91-Gig next weekend. Jussi OH6ZZ makes short visit
to Aland KO09cx QRV: 2008-May-24 1300z - 2008-05-25 0300z
144.398 MHz 1st FSK441 RIG: TS2000-GS35-2x8el Telnet Cluster/KST chat
73 Jussi OH6ZZ

***

Starting on May, 15th, in the afternoon until May 23rd, a French
team leaded by Tony, F8ATS, will go to the Scilly Islands, St Mary,
IOTA EU-011, and Grid square IN69UV. During the stay, they hope
to manage a two hours activity from the rare grid square IN79jx.
Under callsigns M/Hc, they will be active in HF (160-10), VHF(2 m)
and UHF (70 cm), Modes : CW and SSB. LATEST NEWS from KST-Chat
dated 2008-05-21 10:15UT M/F5KEE/p is on 144.281 again (59) calling

***

Hi EME gang, regards to all from LZ now. Because busy now in QRL
and also next week I am in DL, I would like to give you more info
to be prepare for expected activity.
Time table: 2.6.08 - Trip from OK to 4O - 3.6.08 - build the station
and testing Sun noise - 4.6.08 - 432 MHz activity day - only random,
calling CQ on 432,045.... 5.6.08 - 1296 activity day - only random,
calling CQ 1296,045 - RXing 1296,045 - 1296,050 same info about QRM
like above. 6.6.08 move to Z3 and installing station - 7.6.08 - 432 MHz
activity day - all other like above - 8.6.08 - 1296 MHz activity day -
Please find more details and as well several hints and details at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1358
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1555

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Henrik, OZ8ZS, qrv from KM15WM 50 MHz SSB/CW during holiday trip!
LATEST NEWS de Henrik, SV9/OZ8ZS, dated 2008-05-20: Status from today:
102 QSO made from 15 DXCCs and still 2 days left, hopefully more ES

***

VUCC grid hunters who need Canadian grid EO40 may want to listen
for WB8BZK / VE3 who will activate EO40ud for seven days from
Seseganaga Lake in Ontario between May 21 and May 27. Band: 50 MHz
SSB & CW - Frequencies: 50.145 MHz (starting on the calling freq,
50.125 MHz if I do not hear an opening) Equipment: FT100D with 100W
into a Loop up 30 feet, Battery powered Activity times: I'll check
for activity each morning at 1230Z and then again between 2230Z and
2300 each evening. I'll also give it a try if the WX is too nasty
to go out fishing. Looking forward to a few band openings or maybe
some aurora action. I will QSL to all who need the grid. 73 Mike

***

I2ROQ, IF9ZWA, IK8SHL, IT9AHI, IT9TFX, IT9YMM, IT9ZHS, IW9RFO and
IZ1HVD will be active as IF9Z from Favignana Island (EU-054, IIA
TP-011) on 23-25 May. They plan to operate SSB and digital modes on
the HF bands and 6 metres. QSL via IT9YMM, direct or bureau.

***

JW7EOA and JW7G will be active from Svalbard 16-22 June. Tnx LA9EOA
Roar for info.

***

OH0RJ, Lasse; OH3BHL, Rami; and OH2PM, Pertti, are heading to Market
Reef Wednesday morning, May 21. They will first stop in the Aland Islands,
OH0, and assuming the weather permits, will go to Market on Wednesday
morning with their three-man team. They will start their work on Market
by doing major maintenance on the diesel generator, hoping to get on the
air by Thursday night at the latest. They will have antennas for all bands,
160-6M and will use the calls OJ0J and OJ0B...

***

Dates for our Grand Cayman 6M effort are now firmed up. Friday, June 27
thru Sunday, July 6. We implore everyone....please, please....don't send
or expect to receive grid square information in the exchanges. We'll be
in EK99gi and it will be on our QSLs. If you work ZF2ZD, QSL via K2ZD.
If you work ZF2BI, QSL via K4BI, both direct w/SAE and sufficient funds for
postage. Beacon & CW QSO's will be on 50.095. We'll move into the US 'phone
band for SSB. Frequency to be determined by possible QRM to other active
stations. We're of course optimistic and look forward to lots of log entries.
73, Jim Holt, K4BI / ZF2BI

***

Horndean and District Amateur Radio Club are operating GB50RMM from 19 May
until 15 June. They plan to use HF (SSB and CW) and FM Voice Satellite where
possible from the Royal Marines Museum, Eastney, Portsmouth. With a wealth of
fine exhibits and hands-on displays, there is something for the whole family
at the Museum. For more information regarding the Museum...

***

Look for IA5/IZ5FDD and IA5/IW5ELA to be active from Elba Island
(EU-028, IIA LI-002) on 22-25 May. They will operate SSB and slow
CW on 40-10 metres, plus 6 and 2 metres on 24-25 May. QSL via home
calls, direct or bureau.

***

Summits on the Air (SOTA)
Several new SOTA postings for HF and 70 / 144 / 430 MHz.
For a total daily overview we do recommend:
http://www.sotawatch.org/

************************************************** *******************
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal , hope Infos was exiting and all ok ...
************************************************** *******************

Tnx a lot for all incoming news and info. Above news will be from
following SOURCES: USERs of the MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal, IOTA-, SOTA-,
ARRL-, RSGB-, UKSMG, 4M5DX-News, EA6VQ-VHF and up DX news page, DX-MB,
SM7AED 50 MHz Notes, F5NQL-DX-News, 425 DX News, UBA-Traffic-News,
OZ6OM The Daily DX, RA3AQs The Russian VHF Portal, REF-Bulletin, N8OFS,
Radioamateur.ORG, OPDX, ADXO, ICPO, DX-Cal, RAFARS, Mining Project and
info we did find at ON4KST-, EA-V-U-SHF- and N0UK-Chats and others...
WE DO NEED YOUR HELP! If you see, or hear, or work yourself an
expedition, which is NOT (or is WRONG) at our MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal
PLEASE drop us an info using: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php
or pass us a mail! The MMM-Team is trying to spread expedition infos as
up to date and good as possible. We are NOT responceable for . . .
Read more in detail at our MMMonVHF-POLICY if need...

Have a lot of fun and enjoy our VHF-DX-Portal http://www.MMMonVHF.de!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)