Old July 15th 08, 11:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-07-15

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the NEWSLETTER of "Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal, dated 2008-07-15.

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

New TOOL at the MMMonVHF "LATEST NEWS" "REVIEW" and "QSL" Pages!
A news "Search function" was implemented at our News/Reviews/QSL
pages. Because of the lot of different informations there is the
need to work with filters and other tools to still hold an overview.
Just a small add-on implemented past days. You are now able to search
thru our databases of the News / Reviews / QSL sections. Just go to
the LATEST NEWS PAGES (http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php) and in the
first "grey Toolbar" you will find: "Search News by Callsign or
Locator". Put in a call or locator you are searching a NEWS at and
click on "Search" - it will use ALL ACTIVE NEWS (undependant from EVENT
or EXPEDITION Filter Settings!) - same work at QSL and REVIEW Pages!
We do hope this is helpfull tool for some of you and be a step more
to have a good overview on those lot of informations...

***

SPORADIC E Observations on 3 Meter (88-108 MHz)
Not only on 144 MHz Sporadic E Oberservations will bring fun (see the
lot of LOG at our ES Page: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php )... As well
there are the 3 Meter-Band which will be easy to observe with an small
Tuner (best with RDS) - in case you have fun in it, you might have a
look at: http://www.fmlist.org/ul_login.php?sprache=en and find a very
usefull and very well maintained tool for these band!

***

ALGERIA --- According to Mokthar, 7X5JF the Algerian authorities
have suspended until further notice operating privileges for the
use of 80 and 17 metres, as well as VHF and UHF. The information
has been relayed by Mustapha, DL1BDF. [TNX F5NQL] - Strange will
be, that 7X2GF and 7X2RF (both JM16) could be worked past week
(6th tp 11st july) at the good tropo opening on VHF (144 MHz) in
SSB. QSOs have been done without any notice of restriction! Guy,
EA5/DL8EBW (see log: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/tr.php?year=2008&month=07&day=10)

***

LABRE UHF CONTEST
The LABRE/SP will be organize the LABRE UHF Contest covering 432 MHz
and 1,2 GHz from 02 to 03 august 2008. That´s the first devoted UHF
contest in Brazil. Several stations will be active in portable locations
too. The coordinator of the contest is Luiz Tresso PY2OC with background
of the experimenter Orlando da Costa Neto PY2ANE. The rules and other
informations about VHF+ Department of LABRE/SP in:
http://www.labre-sp.org.br/diversos.php?xid=16
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Flávio Archangelo PY2ZX

***

NASA - What's Wrong with the Sun?
"The sun is now near the low point of its 11-year activity cycle,"
says Hathaway. "We call this 'Solar Minimum.' It is the period of
quiet that separates one Solar Max from another." Read more at:
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...ycleupdate.htm
Source: Hank, K8DD via CQ-Contest Reflector

They will use the MMM DXBlog which will be activated later on...
(http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=MU-Homecall). Further
details later on dxpedition website.
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Bernd, DF2ZC and Frank, DH7FB

***

Tor, DJ8MS, will be again on business trip up to Kiruna, SM2 (KP07),
in July/August. Up to date Infos from JP84 and the LOG at his MMM
DXBlog. http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=SM-DJ8MS
LATEST NEWS from Tor, SM/DJ8MS, dated 2008-07-13 10:30UT: JP84 QRT...
tnx for 47 QSOs - watch out the MMM DXBlog for next activities, maybe
from KP07 or JP97. (Tor will be in contact and announce it at MMMonVHF)
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Toralf, SM/DJ8MS

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

This summer Gerd, DL2SB, will be again QRV as OH5SB from his summer
QTH in Finland in KP31MC were he did arrive today (july, 14th).
Gerd reached Helsinki these morning. He was not able to make much
QSOs during the "wet" squares but hopes on his back-trip at 9th of
august - have a look HERE. The time until than he will be qrv from
KP31 in holiday style. Please remember to watch out the trip back
at 9th of august (at http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1299)
were he is going to activate again some "wet" squares...
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Gerd OH5SB/DL2SB

***

Matej, OK1TEH, will be qrv from OM3RRC until 18th of July on 144
MHz and parallel in KST-Chat. He is qrv TROPO, ES and MS with 17el
F9FT + long coax and ft847 50W. Photos from 2007 trip are he
http://www.ok2kkw.com/om3rrc/6m_eme_om3rrc_2007eng.htm
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Matej OM3RRC/OK1TEH

***

Laci, HA0NAR will be active as SX8R from Thassos Island (EU 174)
on 21-29 July, IOTA Contest included. He plans to operate CW, SSB
and FM on 160-2 metres. QSL via home call, direct or bureau.
[TNX HA0NAR] Source: 425 DX News #897

***

W1AW/KL7 will be QRV July 26th to August 10th from BP56.
W1AW/KL7 to Operate from Arctic Circle (Jul 10, 2008) -- Just 300
miles south of the Alaskan Arctic Ocean -- where the Arctic Circle
crosses the Dalton Highway (66 degrees, 33 minutes north) -- W1AW/KL7
will be on the air (grid square BP56) July 26-August 10 on all bands
from 160-6 meters. This ARRL 2008 Alaska State Convention Special
Event Station plans to run two HF stations operating CW, SSB and
digital, one satellite station and one station devoted to 146.52 MHz.
Source: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 138) via OZ50MHz DX News

***

W2GJ, Pete; K3IXD, Ed; and W3PP, Dallas; will be active as C6APR
from Crooked Island, Bahamas as a multi-op DXpedition in the RSGB
IOTA contest. Our initial calling freq on six is 50.125 SSB. We
are operating from Crooked Island, Southern Bahamas, FL22tt, IOTA
NA 113, and Bird Rock lighthouse, BAH005. LATEST NEWS from the
OZ50MHz DX News, dated 2008-07-11: C6AXD will also be QRV before
and after the test on 6 and HF RTTY. They will be in Grid Locater
FL22tt. All QSLs via K3IXD, direct with SASE or SAE with US$1 or
1 new IRC; or via bureau.
Source: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 138) via OZ50MHz DX News

***

VK9DWX - Willis Island taking place October 2008
LATEST NEWS from OZ50MHZ DX News , dated 2008-07-12: 6m operation:
We decided to take 6m equipment with us. As we don't have enough
people to man a separate station on 6m we plan to install CW Skimmer
on a separate radio which is always on stand-by. If there will be
any signal on the band we will get notice of it via our network
and can easily man the 6m station.
Source: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 138) via OZ50MHz DX News

***

Operation will be under VC1T from 24-30 July, 2008 from Bon Portage
(Outer) Is. (NS-128)in southwest Nova Scotia. ARLHS lighthouse CAN-360,
N.Lat.43deg, 27 min., W.Long.65 deg,45 min. Grid Square FN73dk.
QRV Contest: RSGB IOTA Contest (July 26-27, 2008) Operators: VE1FA,
VA1YL, VE1MR, VA1CHP, VE1DHD, VO1NO, VY2OX and VE1ENT Active bands will
include 80-6m during non-contest operation. For direct QSLs, please
enclose TWO "green stamps". All others will go via buro.
Source: DX News by Bill, NG3K

***

Once again we'll be active in the HF IOTA Contest after of 3V8SM Djerba
Island 2005 and ED7SPI Sancti Petri Island 2006. This year we'll be on air
as AN8L from Lobos Island (IOTA AF-004) during the HF IOTA Contest 2008
(July 26th and 27th). Operators: EA8AUW,EA8BGO, EC8ADW EC8AMI, DH1TW,
DL5RMH, EA4DRV, EA4TD, EA5AER, EA5FX, EA5KM, EC4DX. Between July 22th to
29th and outside the contest we'll use the calls AM8IL, EH8RDB and EH8VCL.
Read more details at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1744
Source: DX News by Bill, NG3K

***

After missing the ARRL June Contest this year (family and emergencies
trump contesting) I'm planning on making up for it during the CQ WW VHF
.... It'll just be DM12, not necessarily rare, but the current plan
is to run long boom antennas on both bands - possibly stacked for the
long haul stuff, and then smaller yagis and vertical omni's for the
"close in" stuff. All modes and Digital are planned ... Almost all
of Arizona and the western parts of Nevada are relatively easy targets,
up north in California to Sacramento is a bit harder but not too bad
even without any propagation .. If I get a pair of 'JHV's up as
planned, six could be very interesting ... de kg6iyn
Source: CQ WW VHF DX Contest News by Flavio, PY2ZX

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)