Old August 6th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-08-06

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-08-06.

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

SPECIAL EVENT INFO - First LY Crazy Acoustic QSO Contest
History - The idea wasn’t new. As far as we can recall, LY3BHY
has mentioned it in LY-Hamfest 1996. Similar events take place
during German BCC club meetings and in UA3 Domodedovo hamfests.
Martti OH2BH has once been taking voice pileup from a hall, full
of OH hams. There is a movie about it he
http://www.hamfest2008.com/?p=158 Please welcome the info from
Rytis (formular known as LY2BIL and now LY4U!)
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Rytis, LY4U

***

METEORSCATTER - thats the theme of the next 8 to 10 days!
Read all around that possibility to make long DX on 144 MHz
in Theory and as well in Praxis and get several Tool tips at
our FORUM - Click on FORUM and use the part MS or use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....topic&forum=10
Massimo, IV3NDC did just implement his latest articles about
THEORY and PRAXIS and Guy, DL8EBW for CONTEST and TOOLBAR (these
is still under construction). We are very welcome your comments...

***

The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF in cooperation with the magazines
DUBUS invite you to take part in our new 144 MHz Meteorscatter
Sprint Contest,which will take place for the first time in the
2008 Perseid shower. The 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint Contest
will take place each year on the day of the from IMO (International
Meteor Organization) announced maximum of the Perseid shower.
Participants may submit all their QSOs done between
0000 UT to 2359 UT. This will be a world wide contest and all HAM's
world wide invited to take part and send in their logs.
Contestdetails at http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ctest.php
73's de Erwin/DK5EW
MMMonVHF: Beacon Project Manager + MS SPRINT Contest Manager

***

Again a reminder for the great EME-QSL-Service of Juergen, DK3WG.
He did setup news at: http://www.mydarc.de/dk3wg/manager He did
implement UA1MC and UE6YYY at his list at past weekend...
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Juergen, DK3WG

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

We are back to YO. As we noted earlier, we are happy to inform that,
trying to activate KN26 square via Meteorscatter on early August
Date: 06.08.2008 - 09.08.2008 - Callsign: YO6KCN - Squa KN26TR

QRG: 144.381 always first - QSL route: QSL only direct, via YO6OBK.
(SASE and 1 EUR for postage cost is really appreciated, Detailed
adress info on http://www.qrz.com/yo6obk) LATEST NEWS from Jani:
5th august: reached at YO5BLA and made a break in Cluj Napoca.
Planned to be QRV tomorrow early afternoon from KN26. 6th august:
Jani gave the start signal from KN26 at his MMMonVHF DXBlog:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=yo6kcn
06/08 13:56 - [0] : 13:56 - Ready now and CQ with splitter on 381.
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Jani, HA5CRX, at the Team of YO6KCN

***

LA/PA2CHR/p QRV from JO37 square during Perseids.
The most southern part of Norway is in the square JO37, I hope to
find a good QTH for meteor scatter. If all goes well, I plan to be
QRV from Sunday 10, until Wednesday 13 of August.
2 mtr. rig: FT847 with a Beko HLV600 PA; MGF1801 preamp and 9el. ant.
70cm. rig: FT857 with 100W PA, preamp and 24el.
6 mtr. rig: FT857, 100W and dipole antenna.
Main activity will be 2 mtr. meteor scatter; QRG (if free) 144.358 MHz.
I will also try to work some stations in NAC on the 12th on 70cm.
More details: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1832
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Chris, PA2CHR

***

This will be a holiday DXpedition to Noirmoutier en L´Ile IN86UX
IOTA EU-064. Dirk will use KST-Chat and the F/ON4IMM DXBlog
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=F-ON4IMM
During 10-11-12-13 august will be 24 h qrv (minus sleepingtime HI)
Freq :144.370Mhz + HF outside the shower + 50 Mhz 5Watt 4 element
Mode :FSK441 - CQ with QSY frequency QSO only complited if rx 73
with call Rig :IC746 power depends on local TVI max 250w Antenna:
10 ele rfsolutions - LATEST NEWS: I have problems with TVI.even
with 40W! in LOC IN86UX. I going to focus me during night or in early
morning houres. beginning 10 august tnx F/ON4IMM Dirk
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Dirk, F/ON4IMM

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Special Station UE6YYY was qrv 2nd and 3rd August from LN04AO and
use on 144 MHz: Icom-970, P.A. abt. 800W and 4x13 H-pol and on 1296
MHz: Icom-970 or TS-2000X, 3,7m. Dish, LNA 0,4dB., P.A. 120W.
QSL via Jurgen, DK3WG - UE6YYY worked 68 stn-2m and 6 stn- 23cm,
Vitaly, RA6DA placed meantime the Log and a Foto at MMMonVHF:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/upload-news/D...YY20080804.txt
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Vitaly, RA6DA (at UE6YYY)

***

Kjetil/LA8KV sent following message from the MMM Webside: Will -
as always - activate my summer QTH's in JP52QQ during Perseids
(10-13 aug,2008). Both FSK and SSB - all random.
Looking forward to work many station during DUBUS MS-SPRINT on 12TH
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Kjetil, LA8KV

***

Hello, after some month of awaiting equipment and a real busy
time in qrl Hans-Walter, DL9LBH did make the first QSOs as UK/DL9LBH
from MN41OG. LATEST NEWS de Hans UK/DL9LBH dated 2008-08-04:
Meantime Hans-Walter completed several nice QSOs. He will stay at
MN41 until summer 2010! He told to remember that sometimes the power
fails in UK! If he be on for EME he mostly use 144.122 MHz (UK 1st).
QSL Adress will be ok at http://www.qrz.com (see DL9LBH).
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Hans-Walter, UK/DL9LBH

***

The French Sevran F5KKD ARC Gulls team plans to visit 2 IOTAs
(IN87 & IN78) between August 20th to 24th. 1.) Belle-Ile-en-Mer
(Bretagne (Morbihan) Region group) EU-048, AT-015, WLOTA 0872.
2.) Sein, Island , Bretagne (Finistere South West) Region group,
EU-068, AT-007, WLOTA 2721 More Details at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1831
SOURCE: tnx Maurice, F5NQL DX News

***

Sam, WT3Q, will be on island from Oct 19 till the 28th. Will give
it a try for sure we'll have a kw amp for 6 and a K3 so if there
is an opening we'll give it a shot except during the cqww ssb
contest... V26B DATE: OCT19-OCT29 2008 OPRS: WT3Q(SAM)
QSLManager: KA2AEV(MIKE) GRID:FK97BC
SOURCE: tnx Neon, N8OFS GOT6???

***

JM1LJS, Hide, and JA3RAF, Junichi, are going to Wallis Island, FW,
and Samoa, 5W. The duration is August 7-20. They expect to be
very active from Wallis and then "just a little active" from Upolu
Island, Samoa. They are keeping their fingers crossed" their flight
to Wallis does not cancel out, since that did happen once already.
All the reservations are made and the license is granted. For
Wallis the callsigns should be FW1W and FW1Z and from Samoa,
5W0HH and 5W0MJ. /Wallis should be August 9-15/ and Samoa
August 17-19. From Samoa they will only be on 40-6. Look for them
on 80-6M SSB, CW and possibly FW1Z on digital. Mo
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1817 SOURCE: (The Daily DX
Vol. 12 No. 149) via Matt, OZ6OM and his 50 MHz DX News

***

Members from the Radio Club Argentino will operate from Martin
Garcia Island (SA-055), August 14-18th, and plan to activate its
Lighthouse during the 2008 International Lighthouse and Lightship
Weekend (ILLW). The callsign to be used will be LR5D and activity
will be on both SSB and CW, on 80-6 meters. The operators a
LU1ARG, LU1BCE, LU7ADC, LU4BR, LU5ANL and LU1AMH. QSL via LU4AA.
SOURCE: tnx Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #869

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMoNVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)