Old August 26th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-08-25

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-08-25

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Hello All, you can see on this link the picture of participants
to EME Conference 2008, sri if someone is missing.
73' de Enrico i5wbe - http://www.ari-crt.it/eme2008/album.html
SOURCE: Enrico, I5WBE via Moon-Net

***

UPDATING the MMMonVHF DATABASES for all of us continuous...
Hallo dear User of MMMonVHF. As you probably have seen our SERVICE
are only as good as you are doing UPDATES at our different DATABASES.
Please do yourself the favour and check periodical following links:
MWS (MOST WANTED SQUARES) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
MWDXCC (MOST WANTED DXCC) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php
VHF-DATABASE http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbase.php
and pass an UPDATE if you find anything which is incorrect. We will
try to setup a new VHF-DATABASE for VQ-Log as well for the DX-Cluster
in begin of october 2008...

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

Gabi, HA1YA, will be on holiday trip to SV8 (KN20 and KM29)
in the time frame of 17th to 31st august 2008. He will be active
as J48YA again from Thassos island (KN20) and now in the second
week from Limnos (KM29) with good take off to NW Eu. MS-QRG on
2m will be 144.363 MHz.
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Gabi, HA1YA

***

The next IARU 2008 Contest AO2V will be qrv 144 MHz in IN93IA
Ortzanzurieta Mountain. RIG: IC-706 and TS-790 + 2x Preamplifier
2x5wl + 2x3wl with enought AL valve Power. All with EA2GJK reles
control system for - QSL via EB2FJN
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Pedro, EB2FJN/AO2V

***

NEWS from the DXP to 5R8EM - Sainte Marie Island 18/9 - 27/9
Following our pre-anouncement a couple of weeks ago, we got
yesterday our 'formal go for' licences for HF and EME operation
from the OMERT (Madagascar regulation authority). We will be 7
operators for the whole HF & EME operations - click at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1807
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Jean-Marc, F1HDI

***

For the 2008 ARRL September VHF Contest we have assembled some
of the top contesters in North Carolina's High Country to make
the trip across the state line and ascend Virginia's 2nd highest
peak and highest road to take part in the contest. From a ground
elevation of 5482 feet we will be the highest amateur contest
operation in the state. We will assemble a 4 band limited
multioperator effort covering the 50, 144, 222, and 432 mhz amateur
bands. More at http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1897
SOURCE: Tnx Andy (Neon), 50 MHz DX News (Got6???)

***

From the 25th of september 2008 until 04th of Oktober 2008 a team

of 6 ham's Jörg DL3NER, Walter DG5NGJ, Thomas DG5NGI, Ivo DL9MB,
Heiko DG8NGI and me Hubert DK9NCX, will be active from Montenegro
as 4O/homecall. We planing to be qrv in SSB, CW, PSK31, and RTTY
on 160-10m. Allso activity on 6m and 2m is plant. More details at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1881
SOURCE: tnx Bill, NG3K DX News

***

Jan/OK1JK, Jiri/OK1JST, Jarda/OK1JIM, Standa/OK1AGE, Tom/OK1JRA,
Vojta/OK1JKV and Radek/OK1MRK will be active as 9A/homecall from
Porer Island (EU-110) and lighthouse on 6-13 September. They will
operate CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK on 80-10 and 2 metres. QSL via
OK1JST. Further information can be found at http://jan.kepic.cz/
SOURCE: [TNX OK1JK] via 425 DX News #903

***

Werner/DL1BKK and Gitte (Brigitte)/DL1BKI will be active holiday
style from Kuramathi Island, Rasdu Atoll, Maldive Islands (AS-013,
WW Loc. MJ64LG) as 8Q7KK between August 29th and September 17th.
They will be using a IC-7000 with 100W and wire-antennas,
Quad-Loop for 6m (if propagation permits). QSL via DL1BKK, direct
or bureau. Note: NO eQSL please! No upload to LotW!
SOURCE: [rsgbiota.org] ICPO Bulletin (August 21-29, 2008)

***

RARE GRIDS (SD, ND, MT) TO BE ACTIVATED (Satellites). Joe, KK0SD,
will be going on a trip that will pass through some rare grids.
This is not a grid expedition and the main purpose is work related
travel. The person Joe is traveling with has agreed to a few "rest
stops" for him, and using a hand-held and arrow antenna, he will
try to activate the following grids possibly August 29 or 30th:
EN-15, EN-05, DN-95, DN-85, DN-86, DN-76, DN-66, DN-65, DN-55.
Please listen for him on AO-51, SO-50, and AO-27. More at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1898
SOURCE: Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #872

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)