Old May 9th 08, 11:04 AM
Junior Member

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-05-09

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

Please find below the NEWSLETTER of Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal. We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or
two times per week.

For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

METEORSCATTER - NEXT MS-SHOWER:
Arietids and Zeta-Perseids in begin of June
First a short review to the Eta-Aquarids with its peak later than
excpected on 6th of may (a ZHR at 74!). Have a look at at our MMM
MS-Propagationpage: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php
We have to come now to a periode of the daylight meteorshowers.
From up begin of may there are several minor MS-showers which are
potential enough to give some good reflection rate for playing our
ms-hobby again. Specially in the Southern Hemisphere the coming
showers shall be great! The new MS-Shower PEAKS (Arietids and
Z-Perseids) are updated and shown as well at our MS-Propagationpage

***

SPORADIC E - first and (sorry) "false alarm"...
As you already have noticed MMMonVHF will be now repsoncable for
the SUMMARIES of SPORADIC E openings at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php
We have had situation that there was a big tropo opening from EA/CT
to EI/G around 5th of may and some logs arrived showing is as ES.
Of course we was happy about the logs but after checking it more in
precise we found out it was a false alarm. So we did take out the first
"hurra" and placed it under our "TROPO Section". It was a good test for
the Team and as well our log inputs. All worked very well - congrats
to the people around that section getting in up within 3 weeks time!
So, who will be the first station reporting us a SPORADIC E QSO 2008?

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

Svalbard, JW. Update and operation procedure.
PE1L and PA0ZH are activating JW Svalbard - locator JQ78tf - from
June 5th to June 9th 2008 on 144 MHz EME. The call at 144 MHz will
be JW5E. Rig is 2 x 20 xpol dj9bv opt2, TS-2000, gasfet preamp and
2 x GI7B amplifier. We will TX and RX at 144.110 MHz, for JA we will
TX and RX 144.082 (others can call us there as well). If all is OK
we have internet over there and we will announce if we change from
144.110 to 144.082. Last year PE1L was active as PJ4EME and made
273 qsos (no dupes counted). Based on that experience a few things.
READ more at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1330

***

David G4RGK QRV from EA8 (IL38BQ) on EME in holiday: David G4RGK
makes another trip to EA8 in May if anyone needs EA8. He will be
using his normal setup 2 Yagi and 400W. He will be on KST/N0UK when
GPRS is available. Connection is very bad there. His preferred
frequency is 144.105 but might change if QRM. More info will follow
as they will be available at http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1517

***

Kazik/DL2SBY and Georg/DF1SR (ex DD0SB) plan to go to Liechtenstein.
The trip will be from May 5-12th, including the EU-EME Contest on the
23cm band. QTH will be on 1200 meters about Sea-Level. They will be
QRV on HF-Bands 80-6m using CW, SSB and RTTY with about 600 Watts to
a Butternut HF9V-Antenna. LATEST NEWS de Dan, HB9Q and Stig, OZ4MM
dated 2008-05-09:
I am very sorry to QSP from Georg and Kasimir, that they tried everything
including 3 preamps, but don't rx anything at all! So they give up on
13cm and concentrate the effort on 1296.080! They will be QRV there
from about 17z today. All skeds on 13cm are cancelled! Vy 73 es GL working
them on 1296! Dan, HB9Q - HB0/DF1SR are now QRV with FB signal on 1296.
They are around 1206.067 but are drifting a lot and has Chirp on their signal
too. GL de Stig, OZ4MM

***

Slava, US2YW, did send us report and log from their trip to KN38
at past weekend - Next we are planned worked from KN48AN or KN38PL
during 13-15 of June. Than planned visit KO21,31,41 during Perseids.
Best 73 Slava US2YW! Please find details at our REVIEW pages:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/review.php look for US2YW & UW5Y KN38

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Christian, DJ2GM, is back in Italy and qrv 144 MHz Tropo and MS
from JN52RV. He will use 100W and 9el Yagi

***

Operators Thomas/F4BCG, Patrick/F4FCS, Tony/F5RAB, Christian/F6AXN
and Francis/F6DPD will be active May 9-11th as TM5EL from the Fort
of Moines Island (EU-107, WW Loc. IN88GV). QRV all HF bands using
CW and SSB, maybe some Digital modes, and VHF. Activity depends on
tide hours and the weather. QSL via F6KHI, direct or by the bureau.

***

DD9HK, Matthias, will be QRV as EA6/DD9HK from Mallorca Island from
June 15-19. He'll be using an IC-7000 with 100 watts into a dipole
with activity on 1.8 to 50 MHz. He has a Web site at http://www.dd9hk.de

***

Minami Torishima, JD1BMM. JA6GXK, Masa, is back on Minami Torishima
(Marcus Island) and QRV as JD1BMM and now active on 3.5 to 50 MHz.
There will be no 160 meter activity during this trip. Masa began
activity on May 6th and plans to be on the air through the 22nd
as he goes back to the mainland the following day. QSL via his JD1BMM
address on QRZ.COM.

***

Cayman Islands, ZF. N6KD will be QRV from the Cayman Islands as ZF2KD
from May 16th to 23rd. He'll be active on 1.8 to 50 MHz on CW and SSB
with an emphasis on the 12, 17 and 30 meter bands. QSL direct or via
the bureau to N6KD.

***

St. Barthelemy, FJ. ADXO reports that AC8G, Harry, is heading to
St. Barthelemy where he will be QRV as FJ/AC8G from May 22nd to
June 7th. Look for activity on 6 through 160 meters. QSL via AC8G.
Please avoid asking for band changes, schedules and other interruptions
especially if I am running well. Exceptions would be if 12, 10 or 6 m
are open to nearby islands. QSLs from Stateside SASE only. Others SASE
or bureau OK. Do not send cards to FJ bureau. A week or so after return
home I hope to have log posted to LOTW.

***

Montserrat, VP2M. Back in Montserrat 6th - 19th June.
M0AEP Re-activating VP2MDD primarily on Six (also 80M / 10M). Hoping
volcano remains quiet and C&W's new broadband service will enable
monitoring of 6M activity. Graham, M0AEP

***

Summits on the Air (SOTA)
Several new SOTA postings for HF and 70 / 144 / 430 MHz.
For a total daily overview we do recommend:
http://www.sotawatch.org/

************************************************** *******************
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal , hope Infos was exiting and all ok ...
************************************************** *******************

Tnx a lot for all incoming news and info. Above news will be from
following SOURCES: USERs of the MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal, IOTA-, SOTA-,
ARRL-, RSGB-, UKSMG, 4M5DX-News, EA6VQ-VHF and up DX news page, DX-MB,
SM7AED 50 MHz Notes, F5NQL-DX-News, 425 DX News, UBA-Traffic-News,
OZ6OM The Daily DX, RA3AQs The Russian VHF Portal, REF-Bulletin, N8OFS,
Radioamateur.ORG, OPDX, ADXO, ICPO, DX-Cal, RAFARS, Mining Project and
info we did find at ON4KST-, EA-V-U-SHF- and N0UK-Chats and others...
WE DO NEED YOUR HELP! If you see, or hear, or work yourself an
expedition, which is NOT (or is WRONG) at our MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal
PLEASE drop us an info using: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php
or pass us a mail! The MMM-Team is trying to spread expedition infos as
up to date and good as possible. We are NOT responceable for . . .
Read more in detail at our MMMonVHF-POLICY if need...

Have a lot of fun and enjoy our VHF-DX-Portal http://www.MMMonVHF.de!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)