Old May 7th 08, 03:11 PM
Junior Member

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-05-06

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

Please find below the NEWSLETTER of Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal. We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or
two times per week.

For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

144 MHz "Sporadic E" Summary (http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php)

"Sporadic E" may be considered the most important ionospheric
propagation mode in VHF dxing supporting long distance communication
even with low power radio stations (read more at http://www.df5ai.net)
As well as in past years, also in 2008 there will be again an over-
view of the big "Sporadic E" openings on 144 MHz. We thank Steffen,
DM2SR and Udo, DK5YA, for their fabulous work, which have been done
in the past years and also for the agreement to take the job now
over to the VHF-DX-Portal Make More Miles on VHF. Responsable team
members for these new section will be Frank, PA4EME, with the help
of Udo, DK5YA, who will collect daily infos and spread these at our
new Propagation Section: "ES" (http://www.mmmonvhf.de/es.php)
Each logged in person is able to upload his/her Sporadic E Log here!
Later the opening will be viewed and comments around will be made.
As well an overview of past years openings will be available later on.
So please do welcome these new tool at MMMonVHF and hope there will
be soon the first good Sporadic E openings to report about...

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

F/LA0BY/p Perseids 2008 activity from JN02SV
This year I plan to activate this relatively rare square in the French
Pyrenees on 144 MHz during the maximum of the Perseid shower. I will
participate in the QRP class of the MMMonVHF/DUBUS MS-Sprint Contest
and will therefore be QRV for random SSB on 12.08.2008 from 00:00 to
23:59 UTC. My location will be at 1400 m asl with superb take-off
from Northwest (EI) over North to Southeast (LZ/SV). My equipment
will be a single 9-ele-F9FT yagi and 150W RF power into the antenna.
Operation will be in SSB only, with 1 min periods (breaks every 10-
15 s). Please make sure that final RRR are exchanged so the contact
is complete. I will use the frequency 144,195 MHz (perhaps +/- 2 kHz
depending on QRM). On site I will not have access to the Internet or
DX-Clusters, but can receive/send SMS through my French cellphone
+33-6-86913388. Note: From the same location I plan to participate
also in the VHF Contest on 5./6. July 2008. Probably being QRV from
early evening on Saturday to late morning on Sunday.

***

Dear EME guys, Katsuura Dish Experimental Station (KDES) will use
the call sign 8J1AXA for the operation from QM05DF, the JAXA Space
Communications Center, using 18m Gregorian dish antenna. Station
license would hopefully be issued in a few months first for a simple
small station of JA beginners' size, and then grow up to be a big one.
It is requrested here in Japan to apply for the station license
change on every occation when you change main rigs/output
power/bands/antennas, which would use to delay the licensing procedure.
So we can not tell you now when we could operate EME with full output
power on a certain band. The original JAXA 18m dish is designed for
137MHz and 2.1GHz. We are desiging the modified feeds for amateur
bands, from 144MHz up to 5.7GHz possibly. Fortunate enough, it would
be very possible to operate with the original antena configuration
2.3/2.4GHz. For EME use, we have to re-model the auto-tracking system
from the present manual servomoters. JAXA already removed the program
tracking system from this antenna, and the high power TWTA, as well.
Mike JH1KRC

***

Hello All, Sadly Frank DH7FB and me DF2ZC have to inform you that our
planned ZB dxpedition end of this month is now cancelled. Why? There
are changes in reciprocal licensing in ZB land effective as of July 2007
(oh how we were lucky that we went there in April 2007). The main
changes are that there is NO HF reciprocal license granted any more and
that on 2m and 6m the maximum radiated power is limited to 100 watts
ERP (!). Use of linear amps is forbidden altogether. Read more details
and the new plans at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=906

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

SK7CY will as usual be active in tonightŽs NAC 2-Meter, the first
Tuesday of the month. Tonight weŽre celebrating our 166th contest
in a row in NAC. And we hopefully continue a while longer! The equipment
this time is a big ? , can tell that there will be some small changes
since last time. QTH between Trelleborg and Ystad, (JO65RJ) 4 kilometres
from the coast, and 64 meter ASL. As always weŽre portable!
YouŽll find us somewhere around 144.270 MHz and weŽl be glad to give
You some points! 73's from the Gallow Hill

***

SK7MW, JO65MJ, will be qrv in the 144 MHz NAC, first tuesday of each
month 19-23 CET (local time). Today guest Damien, F4AZF, will be qrv!
Hope to see some of U in NAC Tusday evning :- 144,325MHz!
Rules for the NORDIC ACTIVITY CONTEST can be found HE
http://www.vushf.dk/Pages/contest/nac/nacopen.htm

***

N6VMO CM94 QRV May 10 1810UTC on 144.128MHz, JT65B 1st
John, N6VMO, will be QRV on May 10 at 1810UTC on 144.128MHz, JT65B 1st.
My plan is to operate until ~2230UTC. Schedules are welcomed. 73s John
N6VMO 2x5WL Az/El 1KW

***

AS-079. Take, JI3DST, is now active as JS6RRR from Miyako-Jima Islands
(AS-079, JIIA AS-079-005) until May 7th. Activity will be on 160/80/
40/17/15/12/10/6 meters, CW, SSB, RTTY, FM and SSTV. Take may possibly
make side trips to Ikema-jima (JIIA AS-079-001) and Kurima-jima (JIIA
AS-079-003). He may possibly use the callsign JI3DST/JS6. QSL via his
home callsign through the JARL Bureau only.

***

Summits on the Air (SOTA)
Several new SOTA postings for HF and 70 / 144 / 430 MHz.
For a total daily overview we do recommend:
http://www.sotawatch.org/

************************************************** *******************
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal , hope Infos was exiting and all ok ...
************************************************** *******************

Tnx a lot for all incoming news and info. Above news will be from
following SOURCES: USERs of the MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal, IOTA-, SOTA-,
ARRL-, RSGB-, UKSMG, 4M5DX-News, EA6VQ-VHF and up DX news page, DX-MB,
SM7AED 50 MHz Notes, F5NQL-DX-News, 425 DX News, UBA-Traffic-News,
OZ6OM The Daily DX, RA3AQs The Russian VHF Portal, REF-Bulletin, N8OFS,
Radioamateur.ORG, OPDX, ADXO, ICPO, DX-Cal, RAFARS, Mining Project and
info we did find at ON4KST-, EA-V-U-SHF- and N0UK-Chats and others...
WE DO NEED YOUR HELP! If you see, or hear, or work yourself an
expedition, which is NOT (or is WRONG) at our MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal
PLEASE drop us an info using: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php
or pass us a mail! The MMM-Team is trying to spread expedition infos as
up to date and good as possible. We are NOT responceable for . . .
Read more in detail at our MMMonVHF-POLICY if need...

Have a lot of fun and enjoy our VHF-DX-Portal http://www.MMMonVHF.de!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)