Old September 30th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-09-30

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-09-30
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

North American High Speed Meteor Scatter 2008 Geminids Test.
DATE/TIME: 0000 UTC Dec 11 to 0200 UTC Dec 15, 2008
Rules for the WSJT Group's annual meteor scatter contest are now
posted at the following Link:
http://www.sportscliche.com/wb2fko/w08/rules_w08.html
This is the premiere meteorscatter operating event in North America
so if you enjoy the challenge of bouncing radio waves off ionization
trails left by the rocks -- plan to participate!
SOURCE: Mike WB2FKO via WSJT Reflector

***

Since 2003 DF2ZC publishes the 144 MHz EME NewsLetter. This is
a free service for the EME community. Bernd, DF2ZC, informed us,
that the latest edition of the EME-Newsletter is now available
at: http://www.df2zc.de/newsletter/ - The September issue will
be uploaded on 26 October 2008. 73 de Bernd DF2ZC

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

MU/DH7FB and MU/DF2ZC Guernsey
The past weeks have been very busy at DF2ZC preparing for the dx
pedition, However, after the dxpedition equipment (TS 2000, 3CX800A7,
MGF1302, 2 x 9 ele M2) was set up in Bernd’s garden and successfully
tested on 27 September early morning, everything is now on track for
the activation of that relatively rare DXCC on 2m EME.On 16 Oct early
morning Frank DH7FB and Bernd DF2ZC are leaving from DF2ZC’s QTH in
JO30RN. Read more at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1738
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Bernd, DF2ZC

***

LATEST NEWS about the Trip to Madeira CT3/DK2ZF, dated 2008-09-29:
Rolf is in the last stage of his planing (Trip: 11.-22.oct.2008)!
All signs are on green to go - please bookmark the webpage:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1430 because its the only place
to find info about and during his EME trip, while he have NO internet
(so no DXC or CHAT). He will be doing a split operation only!
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Rolf, DK2ZF

***

South Korea, HL. Ops. DS1MRF, DS1NPP, DS4NMJ, DS5EVU, DS5LRJ and
6K5TET plan to be QRV with special call DT0HH/2 from Yong Hung
from about 0600Z on Friday October 3rd to around 0600Z on Sunday
October 5th. Activity will be on 1.8 to 50 MHz on CW, SSB, RTTY
and PSK31. QSL via the bureau or direct to DS3FGV. SOURCE:
(The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 187) via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

***

Pacific Tour. JA8CDG, Ken, updates us on JA8BMK's, Toshi's, trip
to the Pacific starting later this month. Toshi will be QRV as
3D2WW from Fiji, T30XX from Western Kiribati and T31XX from Central
Kiribati. QSL cards should go direct only to JA8BMK, not JA8UWT as
was reported earlier. Toshi was expected to arrive in Tarawa,
Western Kiribati today and should remain there for about 10 days
before departing for Central Kiribati (T31). That trip will take
about 5-6 days by ship. Activity is expected on 1.8 to 50 MHz on
CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK31. There will be no online logs. QSL all
via his home call direct only. Donations can also be sent to JA8BMK.
SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 187) via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

***

Guantanamo Bay, KG4. A second crew will be arriving on October
7th and will stay until October 21st. Bill, W4WV, will return as
KG4WV and will work all HF bands on SSB. Ed, KN4KL, will operate
as KG4KL and will work all HF bands and some 6 meters, on RTTY,
SSTV, and SSB. QSL via operator's home callsign or by the bureau.
SOURCE: tnx Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #877

Hi Andy, I will be using a Icom ic706MK2G, power will be 100 watts
6-80m, no amp this trip. We have no planned schedule at this time
where Bill W4WV (KG4WV) and I will share the antennas. There is
a Force 12 triband beam 10,15,20 and wire antennas for 40-160.
I will setup a 4 element quad beam for 6. The information for
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba is listed below: Grid FK29kv CQ Zone 8
ITU Zone 11 IOTA NA-015. I hope that the information helps.
73, de KN4KL ed - SOURCE: Tnx Andy (Neon), 50 MHz DX News (Got6???)

***

N3NBT/p plan to be qrv in the Pennsylvania QSO Party 2008
I plan on trying to get on 6 FM. I will be in Sullivan County
on top of a mountain outside LaPorte, PA. I should have a pretty
good location, but I will only be running perhaps 30 watts to
a ground plane antenna made from a mobile antenna. Not sure what
frequency I will be on, perhaps 52.525. Bob & Jack N3NBT & N3BQB
operating as N3NBT/P
SOURCE: Tnx Andy (Neon), 50 MHz DX News (Got6???)

***

Operators Garry/K9WZB and Sharon/K7WZB will be active as P40ZB
between October 28th and November 6th. Activity will be on
40/20/15/10/6 meters using SSB, RTTY, CW and PSK31.
SOURCE: tnx Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #877

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)