Old July 22nd 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-07-22

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the NEWSLETTER of "Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal, dated 2008-07-22.

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT - Remember, only 3 weeks until the PERSEIDS!!!
PERSEIDS Time is Meteorscatter Time and from these year onwards
as well CONTEST Time! Have a look at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ctest.php
The MMMonVHF MS-SPRINT-Contest will be held all over the world
wide! Several people did announce their activity meantime. We will
setup an Overview Table at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php later on!
Pass us Info if you want to be announced here in advance...

***

Matej, OK1TEH, did setup a new list of stations qrv in the european
September VHF Region 1 Contest 2008. You be able to find Matej´s
CONTEST-Page at: http://www.darkside.cz/qrv.php If you have an
interest to place your announce at Matej´s page, related to your
participation in the next large VHF Contest, join this QRV list
please and/or send info in case of rare Square to MMMonVHF.

***

N4BX VHF GriDXpedition to FM13AW in the CQ World Wide VHF Contest.
Pse see http://nfourbx.googlepages.com/fm13dxpedition for some
interesting pics and details about the operation. SOURCE: direct to MMMoNVHF - tnx Joe, KI4TZ

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

DL0RSH will be QRV from JO34WE in Perseiden 2008
After activating HELGOLAND (JO34WE) now several times on 144 MHz
Tropo during past Contests (and as well in September Contest see:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1761), Thorsten, DG7TG, and
the DL0RSH Crew will try to operate from there on 144 MHz during
Perseids in MS /WSJT 144MHz RIG: 400 Watt 1x 13 El.
Start: 11.08. 14:00 UTC - End : 13:08. 11:00 UTC
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Thorsten, DG7TG

***

Tor, DJ8MS, will be on business trip up to Kiruna, SM2, in July
and August. He was qrv at past weekend from KP06 and did setup his
RIG at his QTH in KP07EU. Stay tuned and watch his MMM DXBlog
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=SM-DJ8MS were Tor post all
his main activities! SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Tor, DJ8MS

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Dick, PA2DW, and Family will be on a vacation-trip through Norway.
He plan to leave 22 juli and first we will head to Sweden / Vaermland.
After a short stay there we will travel via Oslo to southwest LA.
We will then visit Stavanger / Lysefjord and move slowly upwards
along the coast towards Bergen. Dick will be qrv only on 11 and 12
august from wherever he are at that moment, probably either
JP21/JP31/JP30 on 144 MHz via MS. RIG will be IC7000 and 400W PA.
Ant 7 el Flexa. For 6m I have a vertical on my car. Notice this is
NOT an DX-pedition at all. Just some fundays during the holiday and
participation in the MMMonVHF MS-SPRINT-Contest.
SOURCE: direct to MMMoNVHF - tnx Dick, PA2DW

***

Dear friends - We plan to be QRV July 26th/27th on 144, 432 and 1296.
We will announce our exact activity times a few days before the
activity on www.hb9q.ch and on the moon-net. Please let us know by
e-mail if you would like to work us, especially if it is on 1296.
We are happy to send you an e-mail with the detailed information about
our activity-times. If need be, we accept skeds. GL es 73!
SOURCE: Dan, HB9Q, via MoonNet

***

HONG KONG, VR2. The Hong Kong Amateur Radio DX Association will use
the special call sign VR2008O during the Olympic Games on 40 through
6 meters with SSB, RTTY and PSK31 until August 31. QSL direct only
to VR2XMT, Charlie Ho, P.O. Box 900, Fanling Post Office, Hong Kong.
Have a look at the QSL on www.qrz.com/vr2008o - SOURCE: UKSMG Website

***

W4PL Hatteras Island NA-067 Activation Announcement
Members of the Tennessee Valley DX Association (TVDXA) will activate
Hatteras Island using the call sign W4PL. This island is part of the
North Carolina State East group, IOTA NA-067. W4PL plans on being QRV
about 1900Z on Saturday, September 27, 2008 and will go QRT Saturday,
October 4, 2008... Mo http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1764
SOURCE: Tnx Bill/NG3K DX News

***

As well a lot of active SOTA activities nowadays on the VHF/UHF bands.
Find more details at http://www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php "The SOTA
Alert Page"

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)