Old October 10th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-10-10

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-10-10
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Pennsylvania QSO Party Date: 2008, Oct. 11 16:00 - 2008, Oct. 12 05:00
Additional Date: 2008, October 12 13:00 - 22:00. Pennsylvania Amateurs
try to contact as many other amateurs in Pennsylvania, the United States,
Canada and the world on HF, 50 MHz and 144 MHz. Pennsylvania Amateurs
receive multipliers for each Pennsylvania county, US and Canadian section,
and one multiplier for DX entities. Non Pennsylvania Amateurs try to
contact as many Pennsylvania Amateurs as possible. More at:
http://www.nittany-arc.net/paqsorules.htm
SOURCE: The Amateurradio Email-Reflector

***

NEW VHF-DATABASE for USER and DX-Cluster - Issue 2.50 10/2008
A year is over again and we will be able to spread around a new
issue of the VHF-DATABASE (2.50 - 10/2008) to private USER as well
to all interested DX-Cluster Sysops (CLX, SPIDER, AK1A and/or DXNet).
The source of the VHF-DATABASE will be at our VHF Portal MMMonVHF
please do visit our MMMonVHF-FORUM:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....vtopic&forum=3
and you be able to find more details (english: VHF250e.pdf ; german:
VHF250dl.pdf), the history (history.pdf), how to obtain it and more...

***

For information of those interested in 70 MHz. CEPT WGFM finally approved
the 2008 version of the European Common Allocation table at its recent
meeting in Baku. It was published on the ERO web-site 7 October and
includes footnote EU9 against the bands 68 - 70.45 MHz and 70.45 - 74.8
MHz. EU9 reads "In a growing number of CEPT countries, parts of the band
70.0-70.5 MHz is also allocated to the Amateur service on a secondary
basis." The Baku approved version of the ECA can be downloaded at:
http://www.erodocdb.dk/Docs/doc98/of.../ERCREP025.PDF
This is the first international radio regulatory recognition of the 4m
amateur band since Radio Regulation 182 in the ITU International Radio
Regulations, Atlantic City 1947 which states: In France and the USSR
the band 72 - 72.8 Mc/s is allocated for the amateur service. Lets hope
that many more countries release all or parts of the 4 m band. Once 10
countries openly support the sense of EU9, it is theoretically possible
to ammend the ECA to actually include an allocation to amateur service
in the body of the European frequency table. 73 Dave
SOURCE: Dave, EI3IO, via The UKSMG Website:

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

RIGHT NOW:
Tropo opening on 2m. up to 1396 km. between SP2JYR(JO92) and
G7RAU(IO90) - For details please visit
http://www.vhfdx.net/spots/map.php?Frec=144&Map=EU
SOURCE: EA6VQs V-UHF QSO real time maps

***

Rolf, DK2ZF, will be active from CT3 (IM12JS) on 144 MHz EME between
today and 22nd October 2008 - He just made a first Test-QSO and did
send MMMonVHF green light that all is ready to start the EME work...
Rolf, DK2ZF, just cfmd and reported from Madeira that he has arrived
safely and all systems are running well. The site is Casa do Lugarinho
in the extreme west near Calheta. The holiday villa is selected for an
absolute free takeoff to the west but somewhat restricted to the east.
Blocked by hills to the north and northeast. Search Google for RMK Tours
Madeira and look for the casa. Impressive Photos! This is a further field
trial - its no a DXPEDITION - to check out the logistics (four pieces of
luggage - 123 kg) to experiment with the qso procedure and to check out
the complete equipment which consists of a FT-847, BEKO MOSFET-PA. Antennas
are four times 11 ele Flexa horizontally mounted and a Kuhne LNA direct
at the feedpoint. Same equipment are used during the last 12 months from
home. Operating procedure and additional infos (later LOG) youll find at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1430´- Rolf will try to update daily!
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Rolf, DK2ZF now as CT3/DK2ZF

***

Keith, G4ODA, will be on holiday but have radios with him, most probably
6m, 4m, 2m & 70cms. There's a reasonable chance of activity, Keith will
have the kit to be QRV from IO66. He will be on Colonsay for around 10/12
days. LATEST NEWS from Keith, GM4ODA, via Bob, G1ZJP, dated 2008-10-10:
Msg frm Keith - Wx poor, ants unlikely to be up before Saturday...
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Bob, G1ZJP

***

Dirk, ON5GS, will be qrv serveral days from my "berlingo" shack with
4x4el vertical stack and 200W during BCC ms contest. QRV random or B&A
via sked GSM: ++32/477677005 in donegal county ireland, locator IO55,
IO65... maybe also GI, see you ON5GS Dirk
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF tnx Dirk, ON5GS

***

Activitiy from Albania from ZA0/IK7JWX, ZA0/I0SNY, ZA0/I8YGZ,
ZA0/I8LWL and ZA0/IK2AQZ between 23 29 october 2008
LATEST NEWS de Alfredo, IK7JWX, dated 2008-10-08:
Sazan Island : loc. JN90PM - Bands : HF, WARC, 2 mt, 6 mt., Meteor
Scatter. My friend Pino I8YGZ and the others, at soon, will
comunicate you the VHF frequencies x possible sked. The activity
will be in this mounth OCTOBER 2008 23rd in the afternoon, or in
the evening. in the other days until 29 october 2008 : 24 hours.
QSL-manager : IK7JWX "only for DL stations". (EU DX is one of our
sponsors) QSL x all operators: via H.C. (bureau or qrz.com).
73 de Alfredo IK7JWX (IU7A/p)
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Alfredo, IK7JWX

***

A Team of AD6E Al, G3KHZ Derek, CT1AGF Luis, K6MYC Mike and W5GAI
Skip will activate the very rare DXCC P2, Papua New Guinea
LATEST (parts of) NEWS from Lance, W7GJ, dated 2008-10-07:
In case anyone has not heard, I am sending out information again,
this time with additional information I have received from K6MYC
and W5GAI. Mike advised that all his flights are confirmed for an
October 15 departure and his visa is in hand! This is an unprecedented
opportunity to contact a rare but very well equipped DXCC on VHF!
Expected dates of operation are as follows (dates not shown are travel
dates): P29VLR (in QI45UM) Oct. 21-26 - P29NI (in QI28mm) Oct 29 - Nov 3
Conditions for EME begin to deteriorate during the first few days of
November, so stations are advised to try to contact Mike in October,
as early as possible in the trip. Mike is encountering over $2100
extra equipment shipping charges - in addition to his personal plane
and boat traveo costs. Each contact will be at a huge dollar investment
Please do what you can to make the dXpedition successful and also
contribute what you can to the costs.
SOURCE: Lance, W7GJ, [Magic Band EME]

***

Finnish ops OH4YR, OH4KBC, OH3BHL and OH4MDY will be operating from
Cambodia as XU7YYR, XU7KBC, XU7BHL and XU7MDY beginning October 23rd.
Modes are cw/ssb and RTTY, PSK3. QSLs only direct via OH4MDY. The
address is ok in qrz-com.CW-activities are planned on following
frequencies: 1822, 3502, 7006, 10104, 14007, 21007, 24897 and 28020 kHz.
Active on 6m also. Qsl only direct. Hope to hear You Retu OH4MDY/XU7MDY.
SOURCE: Tnx Bill, NG3K, via his DX-NEWS and OZ6OM 50 MHz News

***

JA6GXK, Masa, will back on Minami Torishima as JD1BMM starting on
Oct. 16. He will be there on a work assignment and will be QRV in his
spare time until Nov 6th. Masa will take with him a small linear amplifier
for about 500 watts on 1.8 to 28 MHz and he will be on 50 MHz with 100
watts. All QSOs will be confirmed via the bureau, however if you wish to
receive a direct card you can QSL via QRZ.COM
SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 195) via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

***

The German lead VK9DWX team is now QRV from Willis Island. So far
activity has only been on 17 meters. The team has a Web page at
http://www.vk9dwx.de/. They are expected to be there until October
27th. QSL via DJ2MX.
SOURCE: (The Daily DX) via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

***

EGYPT: This year's Jamboree On The Air (JOTA) will take place on
October 18 and 19. SU Amateur Radio ops will be using special call
SU8JOTA at the Cairo International Scout Centre. Activity will be on
the HF bands on CW and SSB, including 160 meters and their VHF
network to Echolink. QSL via SU1SK. Tks Bernie, W3UR
SOURCE: tnx Maurice, F5NQL DX News

***

Hiro, JI1JKW will be active as FO/JI1JKW from Manihi Atoll (OC-131)
French Polynesia on 12-16 October. He plans to operate holiday style
on 40-6 metres SSB and CW, with a focus on 20m. QSL via home call,
direct or bureau.
SOURCE: [TNX JE1LFX] via 425 DX News #910

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)