Old October 17th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-10-17

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-10-17
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Meteor Scatter: HIGH Orionids shower activity expected !
After 2006 and 2007 outbursts, predictions say that Orionids activity
will be much higher than normal also in 2008. While the “traditional”
peak is expected on october 21, another maximum, related to the encounter
with an ancient dust trail, ejected in year -1265 and rich in bright
meteors, is expected to occur on October 19, between 02.13 and 08.08 UT.
Read more at our MS-Propagationpage ( http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php )
where you can find data concerning upcoming meteor showers in October.

***

Colin, G4ZJF, spread some interesting words on our FORUM about WSJT.
There is a JT65 decoding problem on WSJT 5.9 and later. Several EME'ers
still use Version 4.X of WSJT for receiving as it seems to decode more
than the later versions. What I have discovered on the later versions
if you switch ON the 'Quick Decode' (Decode\JT65\Quick Decode on Menu)
it decodes signals that it won't with the 'Quick Decode' switched OFF.
Read more and try to spread your ideas and informations at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....topic=49#msg92
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Colin, G4ZJF

***

ARRL EME Contest 2008 I part 50-1296 MHz JT/CW/SSB (18-19th October)
Please spread your info at Matejs page: http://www.darkside.cz/eme.php
if you are qrv and whats your RIG to show your activity in advance.
2008 ARRL International EME Competition Rules can be found he
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2008/eme.html SOURCE: Matej, OK1TEH

***

18 and 19th october - Araucária VHF Contest - A South American Contest
and a good chance for Europeans to work SA! Find all the details an
rules for these VHF-Contest at the Webpage of the AVHFC.com
www.avhfc.com or direct as PDF: http://www.avhfc.com/rules/avhfc_ee.pdf
Meantime there is a list of more than 100 (!) participants setup by
Peter at: http://www.avhfc.com/form/lista.php - great activity...
SOURCE: Peter, PY5CC direct to MMMonVHF and via REFLECTOR

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

GM4DHF/p will be qrv 144 MHz (as well MS) from IO78HF
Following our enjoyable walking holiday to the Isle of Skye (IO67) in
August, Jan and I have rented another holiday cottage in the far North
of GM. We have to travel on Saturday 25th and so will miss a day of
operation. On 2M I will be using between x1-x4 yagis and 250W, which
will be determined by the layout of the cottage/land and not known
until my arrival. I will also probably take a small 70cm beam and 100W
in the hope of some excellent tropo conditions. If they are poor, I
will be active on FSK441 MS on 144Mhz ... read more details at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2013
SOURCE: tnx David, G4DHF, direct to MMMonVHF

***

MU/DH7FB and MU/DF2ZC (IN89RK) 17 - 20 Oct 2008
After the unsuccessful attempt to activate Gibraltar again in 2008
which was made impossible due to the total lack of support from the
local ham radio association GRAS (who did not express their consent
for a special QRO licence for 400 watts out which the Gibraltar
Regulatory Authority considered to grant us - had the GRAS only done
so) Frank and I decided to activate GU Guernsey mainly on 2m EME.
Find all infos and updates: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1738
and Online-Log: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=MU-Homecall
Meteorscatter - We will try to run MS with a 9 ele Tonna and
300 watts out outside moon hours (when we are not in a local
pub) on 144,363 MHz... KATEST NEWS from the MMMonVHF-DXBlog:
16/10 13:15 : Arrived at St. Malo now, traveling to Ferry terminal
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Bernd, DF2ZC and Frank, DH7FB

***

Rolf, DK2ZF, is meantime active from CT3 (IM12JS) on 144 MHz EME
between 10th of october until 22nd October 2008. Operating procedu
!!! SPLIT OPERATION ONLY !!! CT3/DK2ZF TX first 144.133 MHz
RX in JA window 144.081 - .082 -- RX for all other .131 - .132 MHz
Find the daily updated Log and the latest News from Rolf CT3/DK2ZF at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1430 There seems still some
RX trouble, but Rolf will not find out any fault until now...
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Rolf, DK2ZF now qrv as CT3/DK2ZF

***

Hello all. Please look for AD4TJ on 2 meters this weekend on 144.113
± QRM, JT65B, 2nd; during JA window will transmit on .113 and listen
on .073 the first half of the hour, and listen on .113 the 2nd half of
the hour. Will call CQ on CW on .050, but will mostly hunt and pounce
in that mode. Hope to work you all on both modes!
73, David AD4TJ FM08le Virginia 4x15/700w JT/KW CW
SOURCE: David, AD4TJ via MoonNet

***

Ed, KL7UW, from BP40IQ (Alaska) will take part in the ARRL EME Contest
coming weekend on 144 MHz. We will be operating assisted JT65B on
144.116 or 144.148 (CQ freqs.). We are still operating QRP (185w) so
will only operate 18/10/2008 on the logger to provide AK contacts for
those stations desiring a contact...
SOURCE: Ed, KL7UW via MoonNet

***

The K1JT Multi-Op station will be active on 144, 432, and 1296 during
the second weekend of the 2008 ARRL International EME Competition.
We aim to make as many QSOs as possible in both CW and JT65 modes.
We will switch between modes as the activity levels suggest.
More in detail: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2018
SOURCE: Joe, K1JT and Team via MoonNet

***

Aloha to all: We are traveling to our Kauai home this day. I have not
been there for about 8 mounths and don't know state of my qrp station.
Hope to be qrv for next weekend contest leg on 144 and 222 in some
QRP fashion. I will be looking to complete with the big guns on CW
then later on JT. Please listen for me and a very big GL to all
participants! A single 8 wl Yagi and full QRO on each 144 & 222 Mcs...
SOURCE: Jeremy w7eme/kh6 BL02bf via MoonNet

***

Hi, we plan to work on 144 mhz with special call sign LU1C, GF05, in CW
and digital, our working conditions are 4 x 3WL and 600 watts, mast mount
RX amp, and also we may try QRP on 432 1 x 7 WL and 100 watts in digital.
Good luck everyone. SOURCE: Adrian, LU1CGB via MoonNet

***

Hallo EME friends, as usual I will try to give some CQs at 144,146 MHz
(one of my only birdie free QRGs here in the City) during the contest
time. Will be happy to work new and old friends from where ever you are.
RIG 2x 12el M2 horz. full elevation, 700 Watt at antennas and TS2000
with MKII RX Ampl. - see you at the weekend in hopefully good condx!
73 de Guy DL8EBW Team of MMMonVHF

***

For the next Strange Radio Event, 17..19 October 2008, I will be on
the air with the special callsign I I 2 S R T / 6 from JN62WM
LATEST NEWS de Augusto, I2JJR, dated 2008-10-16: Hi, I'll leaving now
for my SRE qth; I hope to be on the air from the beginning to the end.
The Callsign II2SRT/6 from JN62wm ; Antenna 18AVT ; 5/8Vertical for
50MHz . Full ICOM station IC-746+IC2-KL+AT500; IC-7000+AT180; Bands
80 ... 6m SSB Of course, I'll have many breaks to eat sleep and other
jobs ) I plan to be a Single Operator Single Mode All band CUL
dr OM ! 73 de Augusto I2JJR SOURCE: Augusto, I2JJR, via STR-Reflector

***

VK2GGZ, the official station of Winston Hills Girl Guides NSW Aust
qrv in JOTA. The station will be operating JOTA from the Guide Hall
on 40m, 2m, 70cm on Saturday 18 October 2008 between 2pm and 5pm
local time (viz 0300 to 0600 Zulu = GMT = UTC). vk2ggz"at"wia.org.au
Email for skeds or further information
SOURCE: tnx Maurice, F5NQL DX News

***

The Richard L. Scott district of the Central Georgia Council will
be on the air from Perry, GA as K4E. We'll be operating on all bands
from 80m-2m, including a small EME station. The highlight will be a
huge balloon supported loop antenna for the low bands. We're expecting
100-150 Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts, and we'll be on the air all weekend.
SOURCE: tnx Maurice, F5NQL DX News

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)