Old October 21st 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-10-21

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-10-21
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Results of the MMMonVHF and DUBUS 144 MHz MS-Sprint Contest 2008

The team of MMMonVHF and DUBUS congratulates all winners and
participants. Rank 1 to 3 in each section will receive a printed
paper award. All others will get an award in PDF via email. Pse
have a look for all details: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ctest.php
We are very happy for around 30 participants in the first contest!
Also we received a lot of nice and constructive comments and will
setup some slight rule-changes for the next MS-Sprint Contest 2009
MMMonVHF and DUBUS will be able to spread early enough these News.

***

Hallo dear User of MMMonVHF. You probably have seen our services
and right now, just before of the last activity-quater of the year
(with gd EME condx and the MS showers LEO, GEM (with BCC) and QUA)
we would like to remember that these services are only as good as
YOU are doing UPDATES at our different sources... Please do yourself
the favour and check and update periodical the following links:

MWS (MOST WANTED SQUARES) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
MWDXCC (MOST WANTED DXCC) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php

and if you hear or plan yourself an trip or any activity use:

INPUT of VHF-ACTIVITIES http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php

Thanks in the name of all USER of MMMonVHF and the team which is
always trying to pass you as soon as possible the latest News...

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

A Team of AD6E Al, G3KHZ Derek, CT1AGF Luis, K6MYC Mike and W5GAI
Skip will activate the very rare DXCC P2, Papua New Guinea
LATEST NEWS from Lance, W7GJ, dated 2008-10-20: Hello! I completed
with P29NI this morning a 1503 Z on 50.205. W1JJ and I were calling
him in the second sequence since his moonrise, but we were not
seeing any reply from him. Mick saw three sets of strong echoes
when he went back to receive and wondered who else might be calling
Mike... We both shut down when his moon reached 20 degrees elevation
and we had not decoded anything from him. As I was shutting things
down here, I noticed a decode pop up at 1543Z on the backup computer
that was still running.... SOURCE: Lance, W7GJ, [Magic Band EME]

***

A VHF DXpedition to Namibia is presently in the final planning stages.
Although not yet 100% confirmed, it is most likely that the operation
will be from Luderitz and will concentrate on VHF with all authorized
bands and modes active. Moonbounce, meteor scatter and satellite
operation are planned on the amateur bands from 50 to 1296 MHz. If you
are interested maybe to join the trip or donate please have a look at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2027
SOURCE: Hal, ZS6WB via MoonNet

***

Rolf, DK2ZF, is still active from CT3 (IM12JS) on 144 MHz EME until
moonset Oct., 22nd. Operating procedu ! SPLIT OPERATION ONLY !
CT3/DK2ZF TX always first on 144.133 MHz - he RX in ASIA window on
144.081 - .082 MHz and RX for all other 144.131 - .132 MHz. Find all
daily updates and the Log from Rolf CT3/DK2ZF at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1430
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Rolf, DK2ZF now qrv as CT3/DK2ZF

***

VK9DWX - Willis Island taking place October 2008
LATEST NEWS by OZ6OM, dated 2008-10-09: The German lead VK9DWX team
is now QRV from Willis Island. So far activity has only been on 17
meters. The team has a Web page at http://www.vk9dwx.de/. They are
expected to be there until October 27th. QSL via DJ2MX.
LATEST NEWS de OH1ZAA via UKSMG Annnounce, dated 2008-10-17:
According to their Oct. 16th news-bulletin (#11) VK9DWX has a 50 MHz
antenna up now, but is complaining of lack of activity. Make sure that
they will hear something! I will send them a note tomorrow --- 73,
SOURCE: "Zaba" OH1ZAA/OHoMZA via UKSMG Announce

***

Karl, DK2WV and other operators from Germany and England, plus one
local operator, will be active as 9L0W from Sierra Leone between
21 October and 11 November. The team will counduct training courses
in Amateur Radio at the University of Freetown. Activity will be on
160-6 metres with up to three stations, with amplifiers and different
antennas. QSL via DK2WV, direct or bureau.
SOURCE: Tnx to the OPDX Bulletin

***

John, W5JON will be active as V4/W5JON from St.Kitts (FK87, NA-104)
on 22-31 October. He plans to operate SSB on 160-6 metres and to
participate in the CQ WW SSB Contest.
SOURCE: Tnx Bill, NG3K, via his DX-NEWS

***

Sam, WT3Q will be active as V26B from the island of Antigua (NA-100,
also count for WLOTA LH-1118, WW Loc. FK97BC) between October 19th
and 28th, including an entry in the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October
25-26th). Look for activity on all bands outside of the contest.
He will also be monitoring 6 meters for openings (K3 with 1kW).
QSL via KA2AEV. Logs will be uploaded to LoTW after the operation.
SOURCE: Tnx Bill, NG3K, via VA3RJ ICPO Bulletin (Oct. 16-24)

***

Look for special call OT7G to be active October 21st for National
Mills Award Day from the Stampkot Mill (reference WIM 8073), Ville
Kaster-Anzegem (CP 8572), between 0600-1000 UTC. QRV 80, 40 and 2 m
SSB. QSL via ON4MRX, bureau preferred. [F5NQL]
SOURCE: Tnx Maurice, F5NQL, via VA3RJ ICPO Bulletin (Oct. 16-24)

***

Fukuda T88FY (JK2VOC) and Nose T88AC (JA2BNN) will be active from
the Palau rental shack, Koror Island (OC-009, WW Loc. PJ77FI),
Palau, from October 23-28th, including a Single-Op/All-Band entry
in the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October 25-26th). Outside the contest
look for them to be QRV on 80-6 meters. QSL via home calls.
SOURCE: Tnx Bill, NG3K, via VA3RJ ICPO Bulletin (Oct. 16-24)

***

6W & J5, SENEGAL AND GUINEA-BISSAU. Peter, HA3AUI, will once again
be active from Africa and will also activate again both Senegal
(as 6W2SC) and Guinea-Bissau (as J5UAP), between November 15th
and March 31st (2009). His activity from both places will be
mostly Digital with some SSB and CW upon request. Operations
will be on 160-6 meters using a spiderbeam, verticals, dipoles,
and 500w (in 6W) or 100w (in J5). QSL via HA3AUI, direct or by
the HA Bureau. SOURCE: Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #880

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)