Old October 28th 08, 11:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-10-28

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-10-28
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

70 MHz allowed in Spain
All EA stations have been granted the use of 70.150 to 70.200 MHz
till 25-April-2009. Max. radiated power = 10w. - More in detail:
http://www.ure.es/noticias/1074-reso...de-160-m-.html
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Gabriel, EA6VQ

***

REPORT and STORY about the GUERNSEY-TRIP
A quick report plus eme log is now online of MU/DH7FB and MU/DF2ZC
http://www.df2zc.de/hamradioresults/...008/index.html
SOURCE: Bernd, DF2ZC via MoonNet

***

Lance, W7GJ, did found a bug in the most recent release of GJTRACKER
that resulted in a wrong answer when calculating the grid locator
from latitude and longitude for the DX station. He have now corrected
it in this version: http://bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/GJTRACKER.zip
Good DX and VY 73, Lance - SOURCE: Lance, W7GJ via MoonNet

***

2008 JT6M 6M Geminids Challenge
As well as on 144 MHz the BCC MS-Contest and the NAHMS Contest will
start, there will be an 6 meter activity the 2008 JT6M 6M Geminids
Challenge. To participate in the 2008 JT6M 6M Geminids Challenge you
will need to register - see http://www.jt6m.org/jt6m-challenge.php
Please note the NEW Challenge rules

SOURCE: G0CHE homepage and info at KST-Chat

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

Dirk, ON5GS, will be qrv serveral days from my "berlingo" shack
with 4x4el vertical stack and 200W during BCC ms contest
LATEST NEWS from Dirk, ON5GS, dated 2008-10-26:
OK my boat arrives 10/DEC/08 in cork. I plan activity in geminids
in IO55 square (TOP 10 of MWS-http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php)!
from 11 to 19 december, and will try to work as many random in
contest. using WSJT only. 200w power and 4 x 4el DK7ZB. I will
have 20m on 14.345MHz (hustler car antenna, 100w) or GSM. I will
inform ON6NL about my station status. He's mostly on ON4KST..
cos i don't count on a wireless internet connection in remote
donegal hills. SOURCE: tnx Dirk, ON5GS direct to MMMonVHF

***

Angelo, I3/DM1AC, is qrv meantime for a short time from JN66 from
around 27th oct until oct. 31st. Times and Results will be spread
at his http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=I3-DM1AC
Take-off to the south ok, to the east (EME) fair! For all MS guys
north of the alps, please try Backscatter, my antenna pointing to
the south! SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Angelo I3/DM1AC

***

GM4DHF/p is qrv meantime on 144 MHz (as well MS) from IO78HF
The trip is now confirmed, but the cottage is not in the location
advertised! I'll be based at IO78HF on the West Coast. LATEST NEWS:
2008-10-27 20:32:49Z My Take-off is good to SM/LA, but QRB is only
786Km so cndx good. 22:06:28Z Calling "CQ" 2nd on 362 from IO78HF
28th: 10:28 GM All, I'm calling "CQ" 2nd on 144.362 from IO78HF nw.
SOURCE: tnx David, G4DHF, direct to MMMonVHF and KST-Chat

***

Prefix YL90 is dedicated to the 90th anniversary since the
proclamation of the Republic of Latvia. Foundation action op.
YL2HA/MS (FSK441) as YL90HA qrv from KO26BV 144.370 QSY .362
/EME (JT65B)144.120 or 144.140 . Will be active also in other
in work kinds. GL Mart
SOURCE: tnx Mart, YL2HA direkt to MMMonVHF

***

5J0T will be active from Bajo Nuevo (IOTA NA-132) and Roncador
Bank (IOTA NA-133) between Nov 19 and Dec 02, 2008. The four
person DXpedition will focus on low band operation, especially
160 meters, and will be operated by AA7JV, HA7RY, HK0JJH and HA8MT.
(AA7JV and HA7RY were behind last years VK9WWI Willis Islets op.)
The group will operate two stations from 160 to 6 m. 5J0T will
also participate in the CQ WW CW Contest from Zone 8. There will
also be operation with the call-sign HK0/HK3JJH. Get all updates
and read more at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1994
SOURCE: GOList at oct., 25th

***

Spring FD operations in VK
At this stage VK1BL will be active from Mt Coree (QF44) for the
Spring FD - Greg 1AI, Ted 1BL and Andy 2AES will be operating on
6,2,70,23,13 and 3cm. So please look to work us and add to the
activity over the weekend of 15-16th Nov... 73, Ted
SOURCE: Ted, VK1BL via VK-VHF-Reflector

***

Also, VK3ER will be operating from Mclaughlans Lookout in the
Wombat State Forest. -37.47908 144.2589 837ASL QF22DM
We will also be operating a multi operator station on the
6,2,70,23 and hopefully 2.4GHZ bands. Jack VK3WWW for VK3ER
Eastern and Mountain District ARC.
SOURCE: Jack, VK3WWW via VK-VHF-Reflector

***

G'day all, Rob, VK3ECH, & myself will be operating portable from
Mt. Gwynne, about 8 Km WNW of Mulwala in QF24. Rob will do the
full 24Hr from there and I will only do the 8 Hr section.
We will have 6/2/70 & 23, plus FM. Ed VK3BG
SOURCE: Ed, VK3BG via VK-VHF-Reflector

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)