Old October 31st 08, 09:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-10-31

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-10-31
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Marconi Memorial CW Contest 2008 (1st/2nd November)
If you have an interest to place here your annonce, related to your
participation in the next large VHF Contest, join this QRV list
please (http://www.darkside.cz/qrv.php). If any special Squares will
be on air, please do spread as well via MMMonVHF
(input: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php)
Thanks on these way to Matej OK1TEH for setting up these pages contest
by contest for us ;-)!

On 1st - 2nd November 2008 14z-14z it will be like all the first full
weekend of November, the MMC. This year there is a new prize :
From all the partecipants it will be choose at random the winner of

special price: A Piero Begali I2RTF (www.i2rtf.com) CW Key
MMC CONTEST COMMITTEE, IV3SIX Claudio via Alex IV3AKZ ARI VHF Band Manager
SOURCE: Alex, IW0GPN direct to MMMonVHF

***

The Orionids 2008 Review and a Overview about the upcoming Meteor
Showers will be find at our MS-Page: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php
As well we did start the BCC MS Contest listing and will be trying
to hold it up to date until and during these MS-activity contest...
MS-Condx these morning (oct.,31st) was quite poor! In the regular
MS-Test to LA4XGA (since 10 years each friday morning 0630 local)
only very few reflections occured and it took around 20min to complete!
Have a look at the Overview of latest Meteor Activity on the MS-Page
and you be able to see the theory and praxis is the same result... EBW

***

The UKSMG Summer Contest 2008 Results are now available at
http://www.uksmg.org/page.php?40. There is a comments section at
the bottom of this page so you can submit your own comments regarding
the contest or your experences, photos etc.
SOURCE: Dave, G8FXM via UKSMG Announce

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

Frank, DL8YHR, will be the operator of the EME project at Oman
(Loc.: LL93) with the Team of A43DLH during November. LATEST NEWS
from Frank, DL8YHR, dated 2008-10-30: The first people are on the
way meantime to Oman. Frank, DL8YHR, the only VHF Op is leaving
towards A4 coming Tuesday and expects to be operational maybe from
up Wednesday.He is just in the last test with the 18 el M2 antenna.
As well he is trying to get the MMMonVHF DXBlog running from A4
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=A43DLH(GPRS/UTMS dependant)
to have a online log possibility for EME QSOs! As there are more
News we will spread here... (subscribe these News to get any Update
via Mail! - http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1361 )
SOURCE: tnx Frank, DL8YHR direct to MMMonVHF

***

P29-DXPedition-News, dated 2008-10-27:
Hello All: In case you do not know this, Mike and the EME guys are
part of a larger DXpedition that is working HF. Here is the website:
http://www.425dxn.org/dxped/p29_2008/ The latest update is Oct 27,
where Derek states the following: 27 Oct. Hi Maury, We left Garove
Saturday but the sea was rough and we sheltered inPeterhavn up on
the east coast of Garove. We set off at first light on Sunday but
have had a rough crossing and so decided to take a break off the
little island ofIlam to the south of Manus. We are here as I type
this. We plan to arrive at the Hermits early on Wednesday morning
local time (gmt+10). Hope to do some repair workon the multiband
verticals while we are here. 73 Derek Hope this answers some
questions about "when". 73, Al WA4EWV
SOURCE: Al, WA4EWV via MoonNet

Meantime the group arrived the second island at QI28: 10/29 22:52
P29NI is extremely weak. Took me one hr and ten mins to complete
SOURCE: Dave, W5UN at N0UK-Logger

***

KV1J, Eric, is planning to go back to Miquelon Island (FP) for the
ARRL SSB DX Contest. This time his 14 year old son W1MAT, Matthew,
will not be going as he will be in school. Eric will be staying at
the Motel de Miquelon (formerly Maxotel) from March 4th to 9th 2009.
During the contest he'll be single-op all-band low power.
Outside the test look for him on 3.5 to 50 MHz on SSB, CW, RTTY
and PSK31. Eric has a Website that he will post any updates to at
www.kv1j.com/fp/March09.html QSL via KV1J direct, via the bureau
and LOTW. SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 210) 29 Oct. 2008
via 50 MHz DX News by OZ6OM

***

KP2HC and KP2YL, husband and wife Brian and Ann, who live in Florida,
plan to St. Croix for a visit November 2-11. They will spend their
first few days at NP2B's house then move to "Radio Reef," owned by
K9BZ/KP2, Brad. They will be on CW and SSB, 160-6M, focusing on 6M
and 30, 17 and 12 when conditions are good on those bands. QSL
direct only, to their home address in Florida. Brian says they
plan to move back to the Virgin Islands within a couple years.
SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 208) 29 Oct. 2008
via 50 MHz DX News by OZ6OM

***

Denmark, OZ. The largest Amateur radio meeting in Denmark, Amateur
Meeting Fyn (referring to the Isl. of Fyn, abbreviation in Danish
ATF) is Sunday the 2nd. 8.30 - 15.00 UT. The UK Six Metre Group
will be represented with a stand. This stand will be manned with
OZ3RE alias M1DUD Robin (which is flying in Saturday) and OZ6OM.
Besides representing the UKSMG, we will operate a station to
"prove" Six meter is always open. So naturally we have to rely
on JT6m: One sked is made at 12.00 UT with the "missing" team
member M3VCP / 2E0IAF Simon, who had to stay in UK. Otherwise
we will work random round 50.236 MHz ± QRN with split TX to
50.230 while CQ´ing. We will TX 1st. period regardless direction.
Call in use will be OZ50MHz, we are situated in JO55EI at the
southern part of Odense. SOURCE: 50 MHz DX News by OZ6OM

***

19/11/2008: Operators Roger/W7VV, Ralph/VE7XF and Brian/N9ADG
will be active from the VP5JM Hamlet, located on Providenciales
(NA-002) from November 19th to December 3rd, including a
Multi-Single entry in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 29-30th)
as VP5W. Outside the contest they will be QRV 160-6m using
VP5/homecall. QSL via home calls. QSL VP5W via W7TSQ. [NG3K]
SOURCE: Tnx Dave, VA3RJ, via his ICPO Bulletin (Oct 30-Nov 07)

***

John, OH3SR will be active, holiday style, as OH3SR/VP9 from
the QTH of Ed, VP9GE located in Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
(NA-005, WLOTA LH-0201, WW Loc. FM72PI) between November 25th
and December 2nd. John also plans a casual entry in CQWW
DX CW Contest (November 29-30th). Look for him to be QRV on
160-2m, holiday style operation, using SSB, CW and RTTY.
QSL via home call. [NG3K]
SOURCE: Tnx Dave, VA3RJ, via his ICPO Bulletin (Oct 30-Nov 07)

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)