Old November 18th 08, 11:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-11-18

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-11-18
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

LEONIDS 2008
A first PEAK Profile was spread by IMO about the LEONIDS Peak 2008
There was observed ZHRmax = 129 based on 234 Leonids in 104 data
intervals. For further details check the IMO visual data quicklook:
http://www.imo.net/live/leonids2008/#overview and see as well
the coming shower events at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php
Soon the first GEMINIDS predictions will be spread. First expedition
and Activity Infos are marked as well in an overview map...
SOURCE: The MMMonVHF Team

***

From NASA Page: After two-plus years of few sunspots, even fewer

solar flares, and a generally eerie calm, the sun is finally showing
signs of life! "I think solar minimum is behind us," says sunspot
forecaster David Hathaway of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center.
His statement is prompted by an October flurry of sunspots. "Last month
we counted five sunspot groups," he says. That may not sound like much,
but in a year with record-low numbers of sunspots and long stretches
of utter spotlessness, five is significant. This represents a real
increase in solar activity. SOURCE: http://science.nasa.gov/default.htm

***

Hallo dear User of MMMonVHF. You probably have seen our services
and right now, just before of the last activity-quater of the year
(with gd EME condx and the MS showers LEO, GEM (with BCC) and QUA)
we would like to remember that these services are only as good as
YOU are doing UPDATES at our different sources... Please do yourself
the favour and check and update periodical the following links:

MWS (MOST WANTED SQUARES) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
MWDXCC (MOST WANTED DXCC) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php

and if you hear or plan yourself an trip or any activity use:

INPUT of VHF-ACTIVITIES http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php

Thanks in the name of all USER of MMMonVHF and the team which is
always trying to pass you as soon as possible the latest News...
SOURCE: The MMMonVHF Team

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

Dave is QRV from summerhouse in November ARRL part as EA8/G4RGK.
I will be QRV on 144 and 432 during the time being here. I will
take place in the ARRL EME contest. I will be CQ around 144.105
when QRV. Or I will will look for CQ around the band. on 144 I
will be using my 2Yagi system I will do some 432MHz EME also I
will be QRV in JT65 EME mode GL in contest 73 Dave G4RGK
SOURCE: Dave, G4RGK direct to MMMonVHF

***

5R8EM Sainte Marie Island 2008 HF EME - QSL news and follow-up
Thank you all again, we already received a lot of QSLs and 'good
words'. Our QSL card is still 'in production' so wait a bit to
get our confirmation. Very soon, the follow-up of this expedition
will be done at http://www.f1hdi.org in the EME menu. There are
already some nice pictures to see , but the site is a proto and
I expect to have a brand new one with more contents and more
professional looking soon. A new EME Expedition in 2009, well,
why not !, if you know of some sponsors they are welcome and we
should try to be ... multibands... - see: 5r8em.blogspot.com/
SOURCE: JM, F1HDI direct to MMMonVHF

***

8J1AXA Project - QSL policy
QSL policy of 8J1AXA EME QSOs: We ship all QSLs directly and
would appreciate your QSL reply. We refer www.qrz.com and
www.buck.com and, then, could you register your address on either
of them; Or let us know your mailing address. For reception
reports, we are glad to send our QSL to SWLs. A QSL Manager of
EME QSOs: JH6RTO Seiji Fukushima 1182 Hase, APT 2-506 Atsugi City,
Kanagawa 243-0036 Japan - More about the Station 8J1AXA see:
http://www.8j1axa.jp/index.html - SOURCE: Isao, JM1WBB via MoonNet

***

Ernie, W1MRQ, is back now on 144 MHz as ZD8B from Ascension
Island (II22TB) Ernie did start Nov. 8th at II22TB to be qrv with
4x 5el Antennas and 180 Watt on 144 MHz and be qrv until the weekend
of Christmas. Ernie did work his first QSOs via Moon from that
location in a hughe pile up. He did work in the ARRL Contest
RA6AX, RN6BN, W5UN, KB8RQ, AA7A and DK3BU ...
SOURCE: tnx Joop, PA0JMV, direct to MMMoNVHF

***

Hi to all 6m fanatics.I visited the association Monday & found
the CN8MC Beacon broken after the last "storm". It will take time
to make another jpole antenna so u will not hear the beacon for
a while. 73s de CN8LI/Said - SOURCE: Said, CN8LI via UKSMG Announce

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTAwatch2 (beta) Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)