Old October 24th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-10-24

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-10-24
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

MMMonVHF and DUBUS 144 MHz MS-SPRINT-Contest (World Wide)
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF (http://www.MMMonVHF.de) in cooperation
with the magazines DUBUS and Funk-Telegramm (by Joachim, DL8HCZ)
invited you to take part in our new 144 MHz Meteorscatter Sprint
Contest, which took place for the first time in the 2008 Perseid
shower. Welcome the Results he http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ctest.php

***

Hallo dear User of MMMonVHF. You probably have seen our services
and right now, just before of the last activity-quater of the year
(with gd EME condx and the MS showers LEO, GEM (with BCC) and QUA)
we would like to remember that these services are only as good as
YOU are doing UPDATES at our different sources... Please do yourself
the favour and check and update periodical the following links:

MWS (MOST WANTED SQUARES) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
MWDXCC (MOST WANTED DXCC) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php

and if you hear or plan yourself an trip or any activity use:

INPUT of VHF-ACTIVITIES http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php

Thanks in the name of all USER of MMMonVHF and the team which is
always trying to pass you as soon as possible the latest News...

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

A Team of AD6E Al, G3KHZ Derek, CT1AGF Luis, K6MYC Mike and W5GAI
Skip will activate the very rare DXCC P2, Papua New Guinea
LATEST NEWS from Joop, PA0JMV, dated 2008-10-23 07:30:
Mike finally showed up on 144.125 on Oct 22 after his moonrise.
He worked KB8RQ, W7GJ, W7IUV , maybe more. I started listening at
the beginning of the groundgain lobe at my moonrise, today Oct 23.
First sigs (-25dB) showed up at 00:28 while he was sending OOO for
RA6AX. His signals were fast drifting, so he must have switched
on at athat time, later the sigs were stable. I saw him calling-
working IK1UWL, DL8YHR but NC, DK3BU, I2RV, DF2ZC, PA0JMV, ES6RQ
and then I went to bed again after some 45 minutes of excitement.
My groundgain had ended as well. His best sigs were about -24dB
but KB8RQ mentioned problems with the big PA in P29, so he must
have used his spare 350w brick. Mind the high values of DPOL for
the EU-window, that makes it complicated! 73 Joop ... as well
got the info pe1l sm5cui ra6ax oz1lpr dl8yhr and vk2ku shall be
complete meantime (ed DL8EBW)...
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Joop, PA0JMV

***

Angelo, DM1AC, will be qrv for a short time from JN66 around 27th
oct. until oct. 31st. He will be able to spread these rare Square
on 144 MHz in SSB, MS (FSK441) and EME (JT65B). Angelo is able to
carry a TS2000, Beko HLV-750, SP2000 and a 9ele M2 Antenna. From
his place in JN66 he will try to be qrv with a MMMonVHF DXBlog
(http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=I3-DM1AC) via UMTS to
spread his times to be qrv and his results. Any Sked until he
leave from DL (25th) please to: dm1ac [at] cargnel [dot] de
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Angelo, DM1AC

***

ZA/IK7JWX & friends - LATEST NEWS de Alf, IK7JWX, dated 2008-10-22:
We need many spotts on the cluster and info on all the internazional
bullettin : "may be" the beginning of the dx-pedition will be at
22,01 utc (00,01 local) of 10/23/2008 until 29/10/2003 from SAZAN
island iota EU-169 lighthouse ALB-04 and L-0028 JN90PM. We hope to
meet many dxer men on all the hf, warc, vhf, uhf bands and in all
modes : ZA0/IK7JWX, ZA0/I0SNY, ZA0/I8YGZ, ZA0/I8LWL, ZA0/IK2AQZ.
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Alfredo, IK7JWX

***

Pacific Tour. Update. JA8BMK, Toshi, is currently on Tarawa,
Western Kiribati, T30, waiting for a ship to take him to Canton
Island, Central Kiribati, T31. T30XX Tarawa October 5-10 confirmed
T33ZZ Banaba October 12-22 confirmed T31DX Canton November 20-
December 5, booked on the cargo ship
SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 194) via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

***

Activity from H7 on HF and 50 MHz - LATEST NEWS from Andy, N8OFS,
dated 2008-10-22: Fresh off the ON4KST 6 Meter Region 2 Chat...
1913Z AJ9C Mike well ke9i and I are in YN so we will be listening
1926Z AJ9C Mike call is H7/AJ9C
1926Z AJ9C Mike ke9i is using YN2I
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Andy N8OFS GOT6???

***

On November 9th 2008, 20 navigators will set sails aboard their
monohulls, heading towards the three great capes, marking the southern
tips of the African continent, Australia and America. The Vendée Globe
will start, for the 6th time, from the harbour of Les Sables d’Olonne,
where it was born. And as far as the rest of the story is concerned
well, it’s up to the sailors themselves now. At this occasion, the
Radio Club Vendéen is organizing a special activity around the race.
The team which consist of Bernard, F9IE, Patrice, F8BON, Roger
« Pat » F6ACD, Jean-Claude,F6AQI, Jean-Louis, F6CVK, Alain, F5HPY,
Lucien, F5RFS, Philippe, F5TRO , and Eric, F4LJW , will sign TM6VG
from November 1st to 15th. They will be active both in HF (160 to 10m),
included WARC bands, and VHF - 2m - , in CW, SSB, and various digital
modes. SOURCE: Tks Patrice, F8BON via F5NQL DX News

***

Jean Paul ON7AMI will be QRV November 10-15th from La Palma Island
(AF-004, DIE S-013, WLOTA LH-1648). QRV 7050 kHz SSB, 7007 kHz CW,
mainly during evening hours. Activities are also planned on 15m, 6m
and 2m, conditions permitting, QSL to ON7AMI via the bureau.
SOURCE: rsgbiota.org via ICPO Bulletin (October 23-31, 2008)

***

Special event call II20CJ will be aired between October 25th and
November 30th to celebrate the 20th anniversary of ARI Cinisello
Balsamo (IQ2CJ). Expect activity on the HF bands and 2 metres, as
well as during the CQ WW DX SSB and CW contests. QSL via IW2HAJ,
direct or bureau. SOURCE: via 425 DX News

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)