Old January 16th 09, 10:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2009-01-16

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2009-01-16
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

LAST CALL FOR THE DXpedition VOTING - TROPHY 2008 (deadline 20th)

Remember please to have only these weekend time for the Voting!!!
The MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal is happy to invite all VHF enthusiasts
and VHF-DX'ers to join the new survey to find the "Best VHF DX
Expedition of the Year". The aim of the survey is to thank the very
hard effort of those, who organized and carried out so many nice
expeditions and trips all around the world on the VHF bands in the
past year. Read all about it at our FORUM:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....rum=2&topic=60
Participation Period: 01.Jan. last year to 31. Dec. last year
Voting Period: 01.Jan. current year to 20. Jan. current year
Pse LOGIN at MMMonVHF an go to: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/trophy.php
Than select up to 3 DXpeditions and click on the 'Vote' Button.
Results will be spread out soon - SOURCE: the Team of MMMonVHF

***

GJTRACKER Version 1.05
Lance did updated the program to include the option to permit the
ESC key to automatically exit the callsign and locator fields or
to eliminate all the noise and just use the standard editing to
enter the callsigns and locator. Of course if you choose to
operate without the ESC key activated, you will have to remember
to manually press the button to the right of each of those fields
to either look up the callsign or calculate the coordinates from
the locator you entered. Http://bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/GJTRACKER.zip
GL and gud DX! VY 73, Lance - SOURCE: Lance, W7GJ via MoonNet

***

ATTENTION 6M DXERS. Justin, K9MU, has an interesting North
American 50 MHz Beacon Map available at: http://www.k9mu.com/map/
Also, visit his VHF Web page at: http://www.k9mu.com or use
http://www.uksmg.org/e107_plugins/locator/locator.php
SOURCE: David, BRS25429 and Dave G8FXM UKSMG Announce

As well MMMonVHF will have 50, 144, 432 MHz & GHz Lists & Maps:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/bcn.php Beacon UPDATES can be send to
Erwin, DK5EW ONLINE: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/beaconkontact.php
SOURCE: the Team of MMMonVHF

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

EME Expedition towards Montenegro (JN92HJ) in May/June 2009
We like very much to announce the next DX-pedition of our group.
QTH, the contest resort of 4O3A: Ranko is so kind to allow us to
use this excellent location: Obosnik hill in JN92HJ
Call: Unknown yet, we asked for a special one.
Team: Johan, PA3FPQ - Jurgen, PE1LWT - Chris, PA2CHR
Date: May 26 to June 4 Bands: (50)-144-432 MHz EME,MS,Tr,ES etc.

More details: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2231
SOURCE: tnx to Chris PA2CHR for the Team direct to MMMonVHF

***

PRE-Announce: EME Expedition towards AFRICA in Februar 2009
The JW5E Team (Bouke, PA0ZH and Rene, PE1L) will try to be qrv
from an new target in Africa where they might be around february
for running 144 MHz EME. The group is in the planning stage, so
country, equipment and all other details will follow here
at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2234
SOURCE: tnx to Rene, PE1L for the Team direct to MMMonVHF

***

VHF DXpedition in NAMIBIA (JG73NI) is still QRV 2m EME!
January 16th activity plan, wind conditions permitting:
144.094 1st 22.00z to 23.00z 144.114 1st 23.00z to 10.30z very
last 144 operation! This will be our FINAL moon-window! After moon-set
we will dismantle the 144 station and start loading the equipment to
the two trailers and vehicles. We will be looking especially for VK,
ZL and South American stations! The final worked list and final update
will be posted mid next week, once all team members are home! We hope
to work all of you looking for us tonight! Don't give up! GL es 73
SOURCE: tnx Dan, V5/KT6Q for the Namibia 2009 Team direct to MMMonVHF

***

Bob, ZL1RS was QRV as A35RS on 2M from AG28hv in the Kingdom of Tonga
(south Pacific islands) from 05-15 January 2009. Meantime he will be
on the way returing to ZL. He has worked 119 initials of the moon so
far. Bob would like to thank everyone for the contacts...been lots of
fun. More Info later. SOURCE: Bob, ZL1RS (A35RS) direct to MMMonVHF

***

Frank, DL8YHR, plans his next expedition towards ASIA for end of
March, begin of April... LATEST (BAD) NEWS from Frank, DL8YHR,
dated 2009-01-14: The target DXCC for these trip is unavailable
(too unsafe) nowadays. Frank is now looking for other opportunities
and so it might as well give some time schedule changes...
SOURCE: Frank, DL8YHR, direct to MMMonVHF

***

Oranmore Castle Activation Saturday the 24th and Sunday the 25th
of January. Members of the Galway VHF Group will be activating
Oranmore Castle on from Mid-day Saturday the 24th to 4pm on Sunday
the 25th of January. Oranmore Castle is situated on the shore of
Galway Bay (IO53) only a few hundred yards from the Village of
Oranmore. Oranmore Castle is Designated EI/001/C for the puposes
of CASHOTA and it is located in WAB Square M32. Operation will be
on all bands depending on conditions.
SOURCE: 73 de Augusto HB9TZA / I2JJR via SRT-DX-Newsletter

***

As usual, the VK3UHF crew comprising myself VK3PY, David VK3QM
and Charlie VK3NX will operate from the Barrabool Hills, 15km
west of Geelong, QF21CU. We will have all bands from 50MHz to
24GHz inclusive. I'm particularly looking forward to this event
as it marks the 20th anniversity of the Summer VHF-UHF FD. I've
been fortunate in having operated in every event since its inception,
including the Spring FD and last year's inaugural Winter FD. Yes,
I'm getting a little long in the tooth! Operators may also wish to
look for Bert VK3TU and Ken VK3NW who will be operating from a
hill near Hamilton in western Victoria, QF01WX. They will have
all bands from 50MHz to 10GHz and expect to operate for 24 hrs.
Another crew led by Lou VK3ALB and Nik VK3NJP are heading to Mt.
Leura near Camperdown QF11. They will have 50 MHz to 1296 MHz
inclusive as well as a modest 10GHz system (500mW+120mm horn ant).
SOURCE: Chas, VK3PY via VK-VHF Reflector

***

VK2SMC/p (QF44) we will be operating in the 24 section as a Team
using 6metres 4 ele yagi 100watts 2metres 200 watts with 12 ele
yagi long boom 432-38 ele yagi extra long boom 300 watts and finally
23cms 100 watts with parobolicdish 22 dbi that's the set up hope
it will make the grade with some good conditions for us all we are
all going up for the fun of it the winning days are over let the
young blokes do that see you all there on Sat
SOURCE: Rod, VK2TWR via VK-VHF Reflector

***

The South East Radio Group will be operational for 24hrs in the
Summer Field Day from our usual site "The Bluff" (QF02GG) &
operational on all bands from 50MHz to 24GHz, Regards Colin
SOURCE: Colin, VK5DK via VK-VHF Reflector

***

16 Seasoned DX'ers Going to LORD HOWE (VK9L - QF98)
On March 23rd, 4 others will arrive and the rest arriving as
originally planned on Mar 24th. They will assemble 7 full HF
stations at 2 seperate sites as well as one for 6m. A full list
of operating frequencies will be designed to enhance their plans.
The QSLing chores will be handled by VK4FW. Further information
at: www.odxg.org/vk9la.htm
SOURCE: [VK4FW] via ICPO Bulletin (January 15 - 22, 2009)

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTAwatch2 (beta) Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)