Old January 9th 09, 10:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2009-01-09

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2009-01-09
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

New NASA prediction for SC 24
Looks like NASA has again revised the prediction for Solar Cycle
24 (as of 5 January, 2009):
http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/im...sn_predict.pdf
Looking at that chart, it appears it will peak around 2013, with
a SSN of ~105-110. Who knows? 73
SOURCE: Paul VE1DX via KN4LF Propagation

***

Hello moonbouncers! The final results of the 2008 version of the
Dubus 2m CW EME Activity Contest have been compiled, and can be
found at: http://www.sm2cew.com/aw_results.html
Congratulations to each category winner, well done!!
With the same Mail Peter send a link for the new issue of the
wellknown W5LUU WEEKEND MOONDATA for 2009 (UPDATE-2009 AND RELATED
COMMENTS) By Derwin King, W5LUU - Available at:
http://www.sm2cew.com/MD2009.pdf
SOURCE: Peter SM2CEW via MoonNet

***

DXpedition voting - TROPHY 2008
The MMMonVHF VHF-DX-Portal is happy to invite all VHF enthusiasts
and VHF-DX'ers to join the new survey to find the "Best VHF DX
Expedition of the Year". The aim of the survey is to thank the very
hard effort of those, who organized and carried out so many nice
expeditions and trips all around the world on the VHF bands in the
past year. Read all about it at our FORUM:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....rum=2&topic=60
Participation Period: 01.Jan. last year to 31. Dec. last year
Voting Period: 01.Jan. current year to 20. Jan. current year
Pse LOGIN at MMMonVHF an go to: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/trophy.php
Than select up to 3 DXpeditions and click on the 'Vote' Button.
Results will be spread out soon - SOURCE: the Team of MMMonVHF

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

VHF DXpedition to NAMIBIA (JG73NI) January 2009
A major VHF DXpedition to Namibia in January 2009 that will include
operation on a number of VHF bands and modes is in the final
planning stages. The team will be led by HB9CRQ, one of Europes
top EME operators and will include moonbounce operation on 50,
144, 432 and 1296 MHz.
LATEST NEWS from Dan, V5/KT6Q, dated 2009-01-09 0630UT:
We could work 90 stations from 27 different DXCC yesterday at our fist
day of activity. One TRX is broken and so maybe we cant be on 2m/70cm
in parallel. 1296 is running well (we use 1296.090 MHz V5 1st). There
is NO Internet Communication possible. More infos later at Moonrise...
BOOKMARK or SUBSCRIBE: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2027
SOURCE: Dan, V5/KT6Q (HB9CRQ) direct to MMMonVHF

***

Barring some sort of disaster, A35RS is QRV on 2M from AG28hv in
the Kingdom of Tonga (south Pacific islands) from 05-15 January 2009.
LATEST NEWS from Nick ZL1IU at N0UK-Chat, dated 2009-01-09:
Bob A35RS has very high winds at present.
He will try to be qrv from 1300z till 1525z today.
Freq. will be 144.131 Bob tx 1st.
SOURCE: Bob, ZL1RS (nw A35RS) direct to MMMonVHF

***

During the January 10/11 moon pass PI9CAM (25 m Dwingeloo dish
at JO32ET) will be active again! See www.camras.nl
23 cm: 65 W @ feed - 70 cm: 300 W @ feed - 2 m: 400 W @ feed
QRV on SSB, FM, CW and JT - Loggers: HB9Q and N0UK
Starting 1 hour after our moonrise. Ending 1 h before our moonset.
Hope to work you all! 73 and HNY from the PI9CAM team
Eltje PA3CEE, René PE1L and Jan PA3FXB
SOURCE: PI9CAM-Team via MoonNet

***

The Japy DX Group operation in Bahia/Brazil devoted to Transatlantic
Tropo Ducting events between Africa and America, following the main
expedition V5/KT6Q:

PY6/PY2ENO - HH18:
The planned operational frequencies from Luederitz for Tropo calling
and monitoring are the DX calling QRGs of 144,2 MHz and 432,1 MHz
for SSB/CW, as well 144,250 MHz and 432,150 MHz for JT-65B/SSB/CW.
But the frequencies must be confirmed by the team in Luederitz Bay,
so just consider at moment as planned QRGs. Dave is making updates
on his home page (Link: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2190)
We will follow the V5 plan but we can also make skeds as the
operations goes on for also try Brazil and South Africa path.
So lets stay in contact. 73s and thanks for the informations.
Read more at: http://japydx.org/ta/index.html

Second Station at GG87:
Now we have more one portable station devoted to Transatlantic
tests between Africa and America. The location is GG87xc in Cabo
Frio, Rio de Janeiro, from 12 to 17 january 2009.
More informations: http://transatlantic.japydx.org Flavio PY2ZX
SOURCE: Flavio PY2ZX direct to MMMonVHF

***

Desecheo 2009 (KP5) - LATEST PRESS RELEASE - # 3, dated 2009-01-06:
During the week of December 17-21, six members of the February 2009
Desecheo DXpedition team met in Puerto Rico. The team spent the
first evening with local DXers and members of the Puerto Rico Amateur
Radio League and enjoyed a wonderful dinner and a night of fellowship.
The team will transit to Desecheo on Feb. 12 to begin the two-week
operation.... Eight HF stations plus 6 meters will be operational.
Read more via: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2099
SOURCE: Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin and GOLIST

***

Fred, N1DPM, will be on in this January VHF Sweepstakes on 6 meters
thru 10GHz (I have 5760 now too!). I am looking for skeds on any
of the bands. Please email me directly to work out the schedule.
SOURCE: Fred, N1DPM via Reflector

***

Hi all; The "Dark side of the Force" contest group is hoping to
operate in FM28 Ocean City, MD like most years at the beach.
A different hotel since our usual one is being renovated. I hope
we don't have problems or complaints about TVI from these folks...
SOURCE: Jay, K3JAY via Reflector

***

I intend to be active from EM55 with my newly acquired TS-60S
on 6 meters, and my FT-221r on 2m. Hope to work many of you!
73, Trent KG4ZDM 6mt 2037 SWOT 3435
SOURCE: Trnet, KG4ZDM via Andy (Neon), 50 MHz DX News (Got6???)

***

Hi All, VK4WIE-P will be operating from Maleny QG63KF on the
Summer VHF-UHF Field day Saterday 17 and Sunday 18 January.
Rules: http://www.wia.org.au/members/contests/vhfuhf/
Regards, Ron VK4DD one of the operators.
SOURCE: Ron, VK4DD via VK-VHF Reflector

***

Greetings to all. This is a preliminary notice that, weather
permitting, I intend to be active in this event from two
locations near Tenterfield in Northern NSW. On the Saturday
evening I plan to be active from Mt Mackenzie at QG50XV and on
the Sunday morning I intend to be active from a high location
to the East of the town at QG60BW...
SOURCE: Doug, VK4OE via VK-VHF Reflector

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTAwatch2 (beta) Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)