Old January 13th 09, 06:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2009-01-13

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2009-01-13
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

ARRL VHF Contest - Date and Contest Period: January 17-19, 2009
Object: To work as many amateur stations in as many different
2 degrees x 1 degree grid squares as possible using authorized
frequencies above 50 MHz. Foreign stations work W/VE amateurs only.
Date and Contest Period: The date will be announced annually by
the ARRL but will generally be the third or fourth weekend in
January. Begins 1900 UTC Saturday, ends 0359 UTC Monday (January
17-19, 2009). www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2009/jan-vhf-ss.html
SOURCE: Marshall,K5QE direct to MMMonVHF

***

WIA-Australia: SUMMER VHF-UHF FIELD DAY - JANUARY 17/18
Will the Summer Field Day set another new participation record?
Full details of the rules are in the "Files for Download" section
AT: http://www.wia.org.au/members/contests/vhfuhf/
Also available are the rules and results of all three 2008 Field
Days in a single PDF file, as well as copies of the rules and
results for all previous Field Days. SOURCE: VK-VHF Reflector

***

Hallo dear USER, after spreading our Newsletter of MMMonVHF
(subscribe at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/nletter/newsletter.php)
we often will get the question, how to SUBSCRIBE a single NEWS.
So here a short describtion is setup at our FORUM - use:
SOURCE: the Team of MMMonVHF

***

DXpedition voting - TROPHY 2008
PLEASE keep on VOTING - Read all about it at our FORUM:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....rum=2&topic=60
Participation Period: 01.Jan. last year to 31. Dec. last year
Voting Period: 01.Jan. current year to 20. Jan. current year
Pse LOGIN at MMMonVHF an go to: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/trophy.php
SOURCE: the Team of MMMonVHF

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

LATEST NEWS transfer from V5 Team in JG73 - UPDATE: 2009-01-13 07 UT
Results up now: 144: 209 initials out of 42 DXCC, 432: 16 initials
out of 13 DXCC and 1296: 16 initials out of 11 DXCC. Many thanks to
all of you calling and working us and our apologizes to the ones
we have not worked yet! Please try again! All QSOs so far were on
random! We hope to work all of you! Don't give up!
The activity plan from 13rd to 15th january is online at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2027
As well a XLS-File and alternative Text-File with latest Log is
downloadable there as well...
SOURCE: Dan, HB9CRQ for the V5/KT6Q Team direct to MMMonVHF.de

***

I would like to spread informations of our Japy DX Group operation
in Bahia/Brazil devoted to Transatlantic Tropo Ducting events
between Africa and America, following the main expedition V5/KT6Q.
Two stations are active 12th to 17th january 2009 - PT1A for Cabo
Frio operation in GG87xc and ZY6Y for Bahia operation in HH18fd.
LATEST NEWS abt the project from Flavio, PY2ZX , dated 2008-01-13:
Latest info about all tests and results of both PY Stations you ll
be able to get at the great Special Homepage of the JAPY DX-Group.
Follow the "Latest News" sign...
SOURCE: Flavio, PY2ZX direct to MMMonVHF

***

LATEST NEWS abt Bobs A35RS Trip, from Nick, ZL1IU, dated 2009-01-13 08UT
Bob will be qrv tonight from 1100z till 1300z for NA and then from
1800z till 2000z for the rest.Freq 144.131 Bob tx 1st. So far he has
112 initials off the moon and one MS contact. He has to go to town
in the morning but will be qrv on 144.100 tomorrow from 0100z
looking VK. His keyer cq s approx. every 1and1/2 mins.
SOURCE: Nick, ZL1IU via VK-Logger

***

LATEST Activity NEWS de Hans UK/DL9LBH dated 2009-01-09:
HNY all! Since January 3rd 2009 I am qrv 70cm with 2x23el Flexa
Yagi, LNA 435 MK II and HLV-550 with abt 500w. Not much on 70cm
but would like to give UK also to some stns at 70cm hi.
SOURCE: tnx Hans-Walter, UK/DL9LBH direct to MMMonVHF

***

Ian, G6TGO qrv on the weekend from IO83UJ
Listening and calling cq on 50.150 MHz. Testing home brew new
built 3 ele Yagi. Station open 0700utc-1900utc 14/16th Jan.09
SOURCE: tnx Ian, G6TGO direct to MMMonVHF

***

DL0PHG qrv for the 1225th anniversary of the city of Philippsburg
The Club station DL0PHG (http://www.a53.de/) will be QRV
throughout 2009 with special DOK 1225PHG to celebrate the 1225th
anniversary of the city of Philippsburg. QSL via the DARC bureau.
SOURCE: [TNX DJ6JH] via [425ENG] 425 DX News #923

***

VK3ER/p qrv from QF22DM in the Summer VHF/UHF Field Day 2009
We are hoping to have a portable EME capable setup on 1.2 Ghz as
well as improved terrestial capability on all other bands.
Details available in the preceeding week from
SOURCE: tnx Peter, VK3QI direct to MMMonVHF

***

The "K2TER/R" contest group is qrv at the ARRL-Contest from several
FN-Squares... We will be active on all the bands from 6 meters up
to and including 10G. Lots of power on all bands. Modes include CW,
SSB, and FM ( we will have fm rigs on 900 MHz and 1.2 GHz). Let us
know if you want a sked. We will be monitoring 144.260 SSB You can
also call us on CW if you want.
SOURCE: Bill, K2TER and Tom, KV2X via Reflector

***

KA3ZLS qrv at the ARRL-Contest. I will be operating next weekend
for the contest. I will be running 6, 2, 222, 432 and 1296.
I will also be running 2, 440 and 220 FM for the stations that
don't have SSB on those bands. Hope to hear a lot of people on
the air and good luck to everyone. 73, Chris, KA3ZLS
SOURCE: Chris, KA3ZLS via Reflector and N8OFS News

***

W9RM from EN52 will be qrv at the ARRL-Contest. I had a few requests
for M/S skeds in the January contest so I might as well ask if any
body else is interested... I will be available for WSJT 6&2 skeds
prior to ~0700Z and after ~1200Z. If interested, please contact me.
I have a few slots filled already after 0545Z. Jay W9RM EN52rb
SOURCE: Jay, W9RM via Reflector and N8OFS News

***

W4NH qrv from EM84 at the ARRL-Contest. Hello everyone. There is a
first time for everything and for the first time (at least for long
as I have been a member of the group) the Fourlanders W4NH will be
on for the January contest... SOURCE: Jim, W4KXY via Reflector

***

N3NGE will be active for the Jan Contest on bands 6 thru at least
10G (possibly also 24G) with lots of power and big and high
antennas. Rovers - if you are within range of FN20bd...
SOURCE: Bill, K3EGE via Reflector

***

WB4SLM from EM82 will be qrv at the ARRL-Contest as well...
Was planning to operate the Jan VHF TEST -- but yesterday we had
over 20 hours of high winds in EM82 -- gusts up to 63 mph and at
times sustained winds of 45-50 ... I plan to be on from EM82,
but with the antennas askew, I've already made my excuse :-))
SOURCE: Vic, WB4SLM via Reflector and N8OFS News

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on:
www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTAwatch2 (beta) Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)