Old February 20th 09, 12:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2009-02-20

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2009-02-20
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Very SAD NEWS TO SPREAD AGAIN - It has come to us notice that
Karl-Heinz, DJ9CZ, has become Silent Key. Another great radio
pioneer qrv since the early 70s is lost... The Team of MMMonVHF
will pass our deep sympathy and condolences to his family.
Rest in peace, Karl-Heinz! SOURCE: The MMMonVHF Team

***

PLEASE DO SOON A UPDATE OF THE eMWS and eMWDXCC at MMMonVHF
Hallo dear User of MMMonVHF. You probably know these services
and we would like to take the chance again to spread a result
again at FUNKTELEGRAMM and DUBUS in next month... Please do your
self the favour and check and update the following services:
MWS (MOST WANTED SQUARES) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
MWDXCC (MOST WANTED DXCC) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php
By the way, if you have NO changes at your squares standings, please
use the Button "NO CHANGE" and we do recognize that you are still
intersting in our MWS inquiry! In order to keep the Most Wanted
Data as much current as possible, we will remove your call from
these lists if we do not hear anything from you within 3 years...
TNX in advance - SOURCE: The MMMonVHF Team

***

WSJT MODES
Dear Users of WSJT: I'm looking at some new ideas for future development
of the WSJT program, and I need some user input. JT2, JT4, and the "QSO
mode" of WSPR have always been considered as experimental additions to
WSJT. I learned a lot from their implementation, and I've received some
useful feedback from others who have used them. I have mentioned before
that they may not become permanent additions to WSJT. My present
assessment is these modes are not much being used, and I'm considering
removing them from future versions of WSJT. Do I hear any advice to the
contrary? ... 73, Joe, K1JT
Contact Joe via WSJTGROUP Reflector or use mail: joe"at"Princeton.EDU
SOURCE: Joe, K1JT via WSJTGROUP Reflector

***

2M EME WAS
I have compiled my information and put it on my website. Quick and
dirty, I am obviously not much of a web designer, but hopefully it
is usable. This is just a first cut! While the information was good
at the time I worked the stations, I am certain some of it is no longer
valid. Some stations may be qrt, some may have moved, some may have
improved their stations. I apologize to all the big stations I have
left off the list, it was not on purpose. My crude website is:
http://home.comcast.net/~kd3uy/site/
Please get back to me OFF LIST. We could clog up the reflector otherwise.
I will update with your comments as quickly as I can. I hope this helps
some of you, and I hope some of you can help me make it much better.
SOURCE: Bob, KD3UY at MoonNet

***

The Sixitaly has been founded from a group of italian radioamateurs.
All ARI members, lovers of the Magic Band. Actually count foreign radio
amateurs. From the 1996 the group suggest to stimulate new and old
enthusiasts to utilize 50 Mhz frequency. No the sake of money and
financial. The Sixitaly's web site still under construction, propose to
support all Sixers in all part of the World, with News, projects
exchange, ideas and argumentations about 6 meter band. PLEASE visit our
Web site: http://www.sixitalia.org/jv6/index.php
SOURCE: Alex, IV3AKZ direct to MMMonVHF

***

JOIN A DIFFERENT KIND OF AMATEUR RADIO COMPETITION
There is no doubt that our time-honored hobby is going through
turbulent times with the intake of new hams decreasing in many countries.
The overall Amateur Radio population has diminished dramatically. As an
independent body, the group at Radio Arcala, OH8X is poised to try some
new methods to attract young people congregating in many non-traditional
hangouts such as Virtual World on the internet. The Arcala radio station
is the first-ever amateur radio station to be active in Virtual Reality.
Millions of computer-minded youngsters gather there daily in an easy-
going leisure mood. The overall Radio Arcala strategy is spelled out on
the OH8X Webpages but one of the key buttons - ON YOUNG PEOPLE'S TERMS -
is still to be drafted. Read all about in detail at their homepage:
http://www.radioarcala.com http://www.radioarcala.com
We now challenge members of our fraternity of all ages to draft the text
for this button in a way that is both appealing and informative enough
to encourage today's youth to take the step we once took.
SOURCE: SOURCE: Tnx Tedd, KB8NW via Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #896.1

***

Since 2003 DF2ZC publishes the 144 MHz EME NewsLetter. This is
a free service for the EME community. Bernd, DF2ZC, informed us,
that the latest edition of the EME-Newsletter is now available
at: http://www.df2zc.de/newsletter/ - The next issue will be
uploaded on March 16, 2009. 73 de Bernd DF2ZC
SOURCE: Bernd, DF2ZC to MoonNet and direct to MMMonVHF

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

1st subregional V-U-S-HF-Contest 2009 (7/8th March)
Matej, OK1TEH, did setup a new list of stations qrv next Reg. 1
Contest... You be able to find Matejs CONTEST-Page he
http://www.darkside.cz/qrv.php
SOURCE: Matej, OK1TEH and OK2KKW Contest Club
If you have an interest to place your announce at Matejs page,
related to your participation in the next large VUSHF Contest,
join this QRV list please and / or send us info in case of rare
Square you would like to activate at:
to http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

***

EME Expedition towards Montenegro (JN92HJ) in May/June 2009
We like to know how many people need Montenegro, 4O on 432 MHz.
Because 4O/OK1DFC was QRV last year and he made about 30 QSO's
I heard, we like to know if this DXCC is "wanted" or not. Activity
seems not be very high on 70cm... IF we bring a 70cm, rig with us
it will be maximum: 4 x 16el. yagi's: 21 dBd and 700 - 800 Watt.
Please let me know : WHO NEED 4O !!! If no 70cm, maybe 6 mtr.
will be an option.. Best 73's, Chris, PA2CHR All details of these
upcoming trip: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2231
SOURCE: tnx to Chris, PA2CHR for the Team direct to MMMonVHF

***

Rene, PE1L, is planning a expedition to Kenya, 5Z
LATEST News by Rene, PE1L, dated 2009-02-18: Rene, PE1L, told us
that it will go on with the planing. Eltje, PA3CEE and Ronald,
PA3EWP will join him on the trip to 5Z - QTH will be in KI79MO!
Because it is still in the planning stage, some details might need
to change later on. Please subscribe these News or use these
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2234 to be always up to date.
Homepage, Log and BLOG will be he http://www.emelogger.com/kenya/
SOURCE: tnx to Rene, PE1L direct to MMMonVHF

***

Dirk, ON5GS, updated yesterday his first info about his trip in
april for a week to "leverburg" in IO67. southcoast Isle of Harris.
They pass trough Lewis IO68 and will most certainly also try to make
some qso's there. Activity will be for 2m and 70cm. QSO's can be
made in FSK441 and JT65B and i'll be taking part in the IARU contest.
Keep on watching: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2274
SOURCE: tnx to Dirk, ON5GS, direct to MMMonVHF

***

144 MHz Activity from the VK4-area in february 2009 by Hermann,
DL2NUD and Stefan, DL9GRE. Both are still on the way and so we
got QSP from Dit, DF7KF that VK/DL2NUD was qrv in Square QG47WE
today 20th february 01:30 to 03:30 UT (144,088 MHz, ASIA window)
SOURCE: Dit, DF7KF at N0UK-Chat

***

LATEST NEWS from Hermann, DL2NUD, dated 2009-02-15 about H40 Trip
All preparations are going on well - until now the plan to gets qrv
will be going on... The Team have had to decide to take an other
small island (Pigeon) instead of the first target (Latha) but that
will not depence the DXCC-Status H40...
SOURCE: Hermann, DL2NUD, direct to MMMonVHF

***

Dear friends, We have updated our homepage with the photos of our
DXpedition (see photo-gallery at
http://www.hb9q.ch/photo/main.php?g2_itemId=3223 ) On the DXpedition
page we have also updated the logs with the QSLs we already have
received. The V5-QSL are ordered and should arrive in about 3 weeks.
As soon as we get them we will send out the QSLs to all we already
got the QSL from. vy 73 Dan, HB9CRQ/KT6Q www.hb9q.ch
SOURCE: Dan, HB9Q at MoonNet

***

Tonga, A3. Reminder. Bert, CX3AN, and his family will stay on
Tongatapu for one week starting on Feb 14. Bert will be active
as A35HA in CW/SSB on 40m-6m (mostly on 30m/17m) using 100 watts
and dipoles. QSL via bureau to CX3AN.
SOURCE: (DXNL 1610) via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

***

Yuri, UT1FG/MM is again back on air and /MM from southern europe
He is very interested in V-U-HF and as well SAT QSOs. Yuri was
seen in the northsea area around DL and OZ in january and now be
qrv on his trip back from SU (he was qrv there in begin of February)
in southern area between Greece, Italy, Spain on the way north...
LATEST NEWS from DXC, dated 2009-02-17:
SV8CS 144290.0 UT1FG/MM km07jsjm96wt now 59+ 2228 16 Feb
SV8CS 432200.0 UT1FG/MM km07jsjm96wt 2237 16 Feb
SOURCE: tnx to Andy, Neon, N8OFS and the DXCluster System

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activities. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: http://www.sotawatch.org/
SOURCE: tnx the Group around Summits On The Air (SOTA)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)