Old September 8th 16, 08:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default 5W0BOB Upolu Island OC-097

Bob VK2BOB announcement:

"I will be working a holiday-style DXpedition from Le Uaina Resort east of Apia, Samoa, from 10 September 2016 to 17 September 2016. This will be my first such DXpedition so I don';t expect to be belting out 15 second 59s to everybody or working split frequencies, but who knows, I might have to learn as I go along. If I end up with pile-ups please be patient and kind to me.

I plan to be using an ICOM IC-7300 into an SPE Expert 1.3 linear putting 500 watts SSB (my licence conditions) into a Rippletech TZ-V-4 (www.rippletech.com.au), an Australian-made multiband trapped vertical which packs into lengths short enough to take as baggage. I will also have as a back-up an extended Buddistick (full quarter wave on 20m) which can only take up to about 200 watts.

I intend working 40m and 20m and hope to appear on the 7130 DX net, 7163 net, 14183 net and Southern Cross DX Net 14240 plus wherever I find a clear frequency. I';ll be checking 15m for signs of activity too when 40 and 20 go quiet.

QSL cards to PO Box 320, St Ives NSW 2075 Australia with SAE large enough for a 6×4 inches (15x10cm) card and USD3 (or AUD1.00 stamp if you';re in VK). No cards via the bureau please.

Here';s to some great DX conditions! And if the ionosphere is not kind to me then, hey, I';ll be sitting back relaxing, enjoying the warm tropical weather, island food, the occasional cold beer, and reading my Kindle."

QSL viaÂ*VK2BOB

http://www.dxcoffee.com/eng/2016/5w0...island-oc-097/

3B9RF Rodrigues Island & 3B8RF Mauritiu; Island DxCoffee Dx 0 November 11th 15 11:52 AM
Ducie Island J.[_2_] Shortwave 0 February 16th 08 08:56 AM
KP5 Desecheo Island N1KI Dx 0 March 4th 06 10:17 PM
Island in the Sky. [email protected] Shortwave 3 July 17th 05 03:36 PM
530 AM - which island, what power? Anonymous Shortwave 2 November 20th 03 04:06 AM