Old November 20th 03, 03:15 AM
Anonymous

Default 530 AM - which island, what power?

I picked up, at 03:00, an AM station at 530 kHz that identified as WVIP,
Mt. Kisco, NY, and (unintelligible) Island, West Indies. The
broadcasting was completely in Spanish, and WVIP's normal frequnecy in
Mt Kisco is 1310, so this had to be from the islands. Anyone know what
the output power of their transmitter is? I can find no reference to
this in WHAM or any other AM or LW log.

Thanks, if you can help!

Tony

Old November 20th 03, 03:36 AM
The Axelrods

This is:

530.00
RADIO VISION CRISTIANA INTERNATIONAL
NORTH END TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS

Shawn
Anonymous wrote:

I picked up, at 03:00, an AM station at 530 kHz that identified as WVIP,
Mt. Kisco, NY, and (unintelligible) Island, West Indies. The
broadcasting was completely in Spanish, and WVIP's normal frequnecy in
Mt Kisco is 1310, so this had to be from the islands. Anyone know what
the output power of their transmitter is? I can find no reference to
this in WHAM or any other AM or LW log.

Thanks, if you can help!

Tony

73 and Best of DX
Shawn Axelrod

Visit the AMANDX DX site with info for the new or experienced listener:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/index.html

REMEMBER ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN HEAR FOREVER

Old November 20th 03, 04:06 AM
Anonymous

The Axelrods wrote:

This is:

530.00
RADIO VISION CRISTIANA INTERNATIONAL
NORTH END TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS

Thank you, Shawn, and for anyone who might be wondering, it's me,
Tony, and for some reason Newsfeeds is suddenly ignoring my chosen name
and return adress and posting me as "anonymous", which I don't want (it
happend once before several years ago, too, but I don't remember now how
I resolved it). So
believe me, I have nothing to hide - I just haven't figured out yet why
it started doing that.

Tony