Old March 13th 17, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [N6PSE] Blogging with Integrity

n6pse

Blogging with Integrity

https://n6pse.wordpress.com/2017/03/...ith-integrity/

I’ve been writing my Blog for a few years now. For the most part, it is
enjoyable. The areas of interest on my Blog are DXpeditions and my love for
adventure travel. The views put forth on my Blog are my opinions and those
of the many commenters.

There certainly is no shortage of opinions these days. As a Blogger, we are
not held to any kind of journalistic standard as the regular conventional
media. I strive to be fair, balanced and accurate in my Blogging. I often
write on topics and then share them with trusted/respected peers for their
input before posting. Quite often what I post is a softer/nicer version of
what I initially had written.

I welcome those that have alternative opinions to post them in my comments
section or email me directly. Sometimes the comments are so well
communicated and thought out that my own views are changed. For example, I
have Blogged several times about Kosovo. Initially, I did not share the
view that it should become its own DXCC entity and gain some form of UN
admission.* I held this view even after visiting Kosovo.

shared. I read them and digested the thoughts. I found my own view changing
on Kosovo based on other opinions that were shared with me.

As a Blogger, I believe we have some responsibility to “get it right” and
represent facts and events honestly, even if our friends disagree.

I follow several other amateur radio blogs. My favorite is the Station
Building Blog by Fred AB1OC. Fred shares his vast technical knowledge and
love of amateur radio is a very nice, friendly style.

Another Blog that I follow is recently taking me to task. I had recently
posted the following comments in the DXing forum on Eham.net:

“You know, my fellow DXpeditioners chide me about conversing with you guys
in this forum. Some of them think you guys are clueless or merely contact
hungry DXers. I dont see very many DXpeditioners willing to engage with you
in this forum. I like to read and understand your issues, problems and
challenges. By discussing this emerging problem of DXpedition leaders
harming other DXpeditions, Im sharing our challenges with you”

Today, that Blogger, Rich-KY6R is twisting my words and has posted this on
his Blog: The same DXpeditioner who gave me the idea for the name of my
blog (who called me an “Armchair DXer” when delineating the difference
between “Brave Men who go on DXpeditions” vs. us who chase those Brave Men)
recently admitted on eHam that he and his compatriots talk about DXers
referring to us as: “Clueless and Contact *Hungry DXers”

As you can see, Rich-KY6R is attributing these words as my thoughts when I
have clearly communicated on Eham that these are the thoughts of some of my
friends. As an act of integrity and good will, I have contacted Rich and
informed him that his writing was incorrect. Rich has failed to see my
point and his Blog remains published as such.

As a Blogger, we will sometimes disagree from time to time, but when a
fellow Blogger informs you that you are twisting the facts, a person of
Integrity would strive to correct the error.

What do you think?