Old November 4th 19, 06:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [W2LJ] Zombie Shuffle let down

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Zombie Shuffle let down

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

The Zombie Shuffle was somewhat of a let down this past Friday night.
Granted, I got a very late start. The event begins at 4:00 PM local time
and runs till Midnight, local time. Due to a series of events, I was not
able to get started until 8:00 PM local time.

I was not prepared for the lack of activity. 20 Meters was absolutely void
of Zombies, which was actually not all that surprising considering the
hour. I was mystified by the lack of activity on 40 Meters. It was dead -
pun NOT intended. I called "CQ BOO" for quite a while and received nary a
reply. I checked RBN and I was getting out, so it seems like there were no
Zombies on the band to engage in a QSO.

I got all three (Yay - 3!) QSOs on 80 Meters. One was in reply to a CQ and
the other two were answers to my CQ. I ended up with a paltry score of 10,
659 points - which is inconsequential. I wasn't in it to win it, I was in
it to hopefully score a bunch of QSOs to fatten up the log book. I remember
past Shuffles when it was common to work 20 - 30 stations in just a couple
of hours. This was tough business just pulling 3 out of the aether. I
finally gave up when I actually did start nodding off at the key.

I am sincerely hoping that this is just the result of bad propagation and
not due to a lack of interest. The Zombie Shuffle, sponsored by Paul NA5N
and Jan N0QT is one of the most fun and light-hearted QRP Sprints on the
calendar. It would be a shame to see its popularity fade.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!