Old January 29th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Bob Nielsen

Default 3V8 would not work Isreal Ham

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:36:14 +0000, Doug Smith W9WI wrote:

ISTR when I got my first license in 1973 there were three countries on
the banned list. North Korea and China were two, I forget who the third
was. In any case there were no ham stations in any of the listed
countries so the FCC regulation really had no effect...

Possibly Albania?

Bob, N7XY

Old January 29th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Doug Smith W9WI

Bob Nielsen wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:36:14 +0000, Doug Smith W9WI wrote:
ISTR when I got my first license in 1973 there were three countries on
the banned list. North Korea and China were two, I forget who the third
was. In any case there were no ham stations in any of the listed
countries so the FCC regulation really had no effect...

Possibly Albania?

Yeah, that was probably it...

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Ham stuff for sale:
http://www.w9wi.com/articles/4sale.htm

Old January 29th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Phil

It was Viet Nam (or possibly North Viet Nam) where the US was involved
in another military fiasco.

Old February 1st 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
void * clvrmnky()

On 26/01/2006 10:15 PM, David Thompson wrote:
I thought we were long past this but the German Group using 3V8DLH would not
work 4X1IO on 7062 SSB today at 0300Z. He said India Ocean go ahead but
when the station identified as 4X1IO (both stations were S9 in Atlanta) 3V8
came back on with
QRZ.

I know the DL hams were following the Tunesia rules but amateur radio should
be above politics!

No human endeavour is above politics. It's nice if people try, I guess,
but it should not surprise anyone if they don't.
Old February 1st 06, 09:51 PM
Junior Member

Location: near detroit

We most certainly DID have a banned country list. Off the top of my head I
remember the following;

CUBA
Vietnam
China
etc. etc.

Dan/W4NTI[/quote]

Cuba has never been on the banned list

the list of countries that are/were banned
are/were at the request of the banned country

example Republic of South Viet Nam did not allow amateur radio
south viet nam was on the banned list at the request
of the south vietnamese goverment

mac w8znx

Old February 3rd 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dan/W4NTI

"de Mac" wrote in message

We most certainly DID have a banned country list. Off the top of my
head I
remember the following;

CUBA
Vietnam
China
etc. etc.

Dan/W4NTI

Cuba has never been on the banned list

the list of countries that are/were banned
are/were at the request of the banned country

example Republic of South Viet Nam did not allow amateur radio
south viet nam was on the banned list at the request
of the south vietnamese goverment

mac w8znx

--
de Mac

I did say "off the top of my head". I didn't think it was worth my effort
to look it up.

Dan/W4NTI

Old February 3rd 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 01:33:57 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:

"de Mac" wrote in message

cut
--
de Mac

I did say "off the top of my head". I didn't think it was worth my effort
to look it up.

of course you did bother

bothering with the truth is too much for you

Dan/W4NTI

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old February 19th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
s. hanrahan

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 21:51:10 +0000, de Mac
wrote:

Cuba has never been on the banned list

Correct, and China and Vietnam were removed from the list in 1974.

Stacey, AA7YA

How to work satelites? [email protected] General 3 December 13th 04 08:28 PM
Best Home Base Work Reynard Policy 0 November 9th 04 04:54 PM
Here it is-BPL full rollout in Va Brian Kelly Policy 459 December 2nd 03 12:40 PM
R/S Solderless BNC Connectors: How Can They Possibly Work Well ? Robert11 Antenna 10 November 22nd 03 11:46 PM
Geller Media [email protected] Broadcasting 0 September 19th 03 09:03 PM