Old August 20th 03, 01:30 AM
David L Thompson

Default TZ6RD problems with SE USA

Many across the SE USA have complained about the weak or non existent
signals from the TZ5RD expedition. I found out that on 20 to 10 they are
using a MA5B beam fixed North so the SE USA (from North Florida to North
Carolina) is in the side null of the beam. This explains why the are Ok in
Europe and even reach W1 to W8 but are ESP to very weak in the SE USA. They
also could not use the 400 watt amps so were barefoot.

I did work them on 15 SSB today where they readable to a max of S3 but still
nothing on 17, 12, or 10. Some of the SE gang still need TZ on 80 and some
of the HF bands. I need TZ on 12 for all bands. I did ask the pilot
station to have them use dipoles or one of the verticals on the HF bands so
maybe that's why they were readable on 15 even tho conditions went bad after
Sunday.

Just wanted to let the SE gang know so they won't be checking their antennas
or pulling their hair.

73 Dave K4JRB

Cushcraft AP8A vertical - SWR problems Peter Lemken Antenna 1 August 27th 04 02:12 PM
TS-820, xmtr tuning problems Steve Boatanchors 6 December 25th 03 10:15 PM
mid loading antenna - problems VE8AE Andrew Antenna 1 August 24th 03 07:39 PM
RF Problems David Carrick Antenna 0 July 31st 03 02:39 AM
LinWSJT - problems Bob Digital 2 July 18th 03 01:29 PM