Old September 2nd 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default WHAT'S IT MADE FROM ???

I got a tube of GB Ox-Gard OX-100 to coat the sections of my Butternut HF9V
vertical as I assemble it. I looked on both the tube, the packaging, and the GB
website, but none of them indicate whether the product is silicone grease based
or petroleum grease based. Does anyone out there know ???
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Old September 2nd 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Soak a bit up with a piece of paper or cardboard and light it with a
match, and you'll have the answer in seconds. Petroleum based grease
will burn like crazy but silicone based grease won't.

But why do you need to know?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL