Old March 21st 04, 07:03 PM
Dave or Debby

Default BAD NEWS ---PC 68 & 78 NOW made in.....

Yep, some REAL BAD NEWS on your CB newsgroup to report. Uniden has
NOW made their Classic great CB radios, the PC-68 & 78, which use to
be the 66 & 76, which use to be Cobra 29 & 25's before 1992-'94, made
IN the Phillipines, NOW they are made in RED COMMUNIST PUTRED CHINA !

I've been in a couple lately, and the quality is DEFINATELY less than
Phillipines, but still better than Cobra's quality.

We're talking about quality in CB's that were good since the 70's, now
taking a BIG NOSEDIVE toward TRASH status.

E mail Uniden and tell them that you are VERY UNHAPPY about their
descision to support OUR enemies (CHINA, N. Korea, and other GODless
states). It is probably a miracle that they lasted in the Phillipines
almost 10 years before Cobra quit making them there !

This is truly a SAD day in the CB world, where all these companies are
being "forced" by governmental policies to make their radios in RED
COMMUNIST CHINA. I bought as many as the OLD ones as I could get my
hands on, to sell in the future. I suggest all GOOD CB shops do the
same.

Now we have Deut. 28 CB's. 2 Chron. 7: 14 IS the answer!
I'm back on ! Ain't NO doubt ! 4-10 !
Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 22nd 04, 05:28 AM
Andy 2LD751

"Dave or Debby" wrote in message
We're talking about quality in CB's that were good since the 70's, now
taking a BIG NOSEDIVE toward TRASH status.

What specifically is wrong with the radios?

E mail Uniden and tell them that you are VERY UNHAPPY about their
descision to support OUR enemies (CHINA, N. Korea, and other GODless
states). It is probably a miracle that they lasted in the Phillipines
almost 10 years before Cobra quit making them there !

China is our enemy? Do you base this on the fact that they're not a
democracy, so they're automatically our enemy? BTW - In case you didn't
realize it, the US isn't the only place that these CB's are sold, so one
country's enemy is not another country's enemy.

Old March 22nd 04, 11:31 AM
Randy

"Andy 2LD751" 2LD751 at COMCAST DOT NET wrote in message
"Dave or Debby" wrote in message
We're talking about quality in CB's that were good since the 70's, now
taking a BIG NOSEDIVE toward TRASH status.

What specifically is wrong with the radios?

E mail Uniden and tell them that you are VERY UNHAPPY about their
descision to support OUR enemies (CHINA, N. Korea, and other GODless
states). It is probably a miracle that they lasted in the Phillipines
almost 10 years before Cobra quit making them there !

China is our enemy? Do you base this on the fact that they're not a
democracy, so they're automatically our enemy? BTW - In case you didn't
realize it, the US isn't the only place that these CB's are sold, so one
country's enemy is not another country's enemy.

Dave is only allowed out of his cage on Sundays. You'll have to wait a week
for Dave or Debbie McCarthy to respond.

Old March 23rd 04, 12:55 AM
Jim Hampton

Hello, Dave

CB? You'd best take a trip to Wally's world someday. You go down one aisle
and let Debby take the next. Try and find something *not* made in China.
Companies are even moving out of Mexico to go to China. Nothing like
sending our whole manufacturing economy to go to China. Now our government
is considering an import tax to level the playing field. Just for grins,
what happens if China should nationalize all of our plants over there? We
have exported out expertise and manufacturing capability to China and now we
try to make money for the governement (and reduce unemployment?) with
gambling. One of these days, the house of cards is going to come tumbling
down. Already they've been tapping social security funds and a week or two
ago the government is trying to say they can't afford to pay.

This does *not* look good for us. Not good at all.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim

"

---

Old March 23rd 04, 01:58 AM
Hamguy

And just how many RED CHINESE components are in that computer you're using
Dave? Oh and BTW...the Ford Motor Company is investing one-BILLION dollars
to build an assembly plant in China this year. Your next 'American' car just
might really be Chinese!

[...]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 23rd 04, 02:27 AM
GMpartsguy

Agreed Andy. If ol' stoned Davy looked around the world, he would find the
good ol' US of A isnt the only country that farms out their work. Look at ID
label on say, an average Blaupunkt product lately ?? Not made where you
think it would be. If you think of it in a weird Dale Gribble paranoid type
of way.
Modern electronics (or anything for that matter) are as only as good as the
building and devices theyre built in. Doesnt matter where or by who. I think
its just racism and xenophobia rearing its ugly head in Dave's house again.

Old March 23rd 04, 06:46 PM
Dave or Debby

HAMBOguy:

First of all, FORD stands for "Fix OR Repair DAILY," as Stevo can
attest to ! Second of all, I can't believe ALL the UN-American MORONS
out here who can make up "Racism," and what ever else their babbling
pea brains will spew, all just because I brought up a worthy CB news
item. Maybe they are members of the commy party. By the way,
McCarthy was vindicated by papers found in Moscow that verified ALL
the ones he accused of being commies in da US Govt. WERE COMMIES !
McCarthy was RIGHT---you is wrong---LEFT wrong !
Only Jim Hampton and the older people out here can teach you young
WHIPPER SNAPPERS anything, IF you are willing to learn!
China threatened LA===didn't that bother you? Or is yo on DRUGS ? !
Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:58:48 GMT, "Hamguy" wrote:

And just how many RED CHINESE components are in that computer you're using
Dave? Oh and BTW...the Ford Motor Company is investing one-BILLION dollars
to build an assembly plant in China this year. Your next 'American' car just
might really be Chinese!

.. .

Old March 24th 04, 04:06 AM
Andy 2LD751

"Dave or Debby" wrote in message
HAMBOguy:

(snip)

You still didn't specify what EXACTLY makes these radios substandard to the
previous ones.

Old March 24th 04, 11:22 PM
carl wesser

the new 78 units have a receiver with less sens, .. put it on your service
monitor and see for yourself, compares to the 29, which STINKS ,compared to
the former uniden units...

"

Old March 25th 04, 09:47 AM
sxtera

The 68 Uniden plain model isn't worth the money. I have a 19 ultra II cobra
that's very good, I've had it for 5 or so years now. The Uniden I have
sucks.