Old September 17th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,sci.electronics.basics

Default SolderSmoke #32: HW101 (clutch) FT-101, CONNECTORS, 3RD ORDER, ENIGMA,

SolderSmoke!
A SHOW FOR ELECTRONICS HOMEBREWERS!

http://www.soldersmoke.com

Listen at: http://www.soldersmoke.com

SolderSmoke #32 (September 16, 2006) is now available
on http://www.soldersmoke.com

Topics covered in #32:

-- HW-101 FT101 Hybrid Rigs.
-- BNC and RCA phono connectors.
-- Changing the clutch and oil on an HW-101.
-- Third order intercept rules of thumb.
-- Modular circuit boards.
-- Babbage difference engine.
-- Hardware to crack enigma.
-- Bills video of his DSB rig.
-- MAILBAG: KC2IGJ, G4GOY, WL7M, D. Gaskill, Gary
Beach

Tired of listening to Led Zepplin or NPR on your
I-Pod? Wouldn't you like to be able to carry with
you the kinds of ham radio conversations that you
listen to while in your radio shack?
Mike, KL7R, in Juneau, Alaska, and Bill, M0HBR, in
London, England meet regularly on the ECHOLINK system
to discuss their homebrew radio projects. We are
making them available as PODCASTS.

RSS FEED: You can subscribe to the program, have
them downloaded to your MP-3 player, and listen to
them at your convenience. To subscribe, just cut and
paste this URL into your I-poder (or similar)
software.
http://www.soldersmoke.com/soldersmoke.rss

If you don't have an MP3 player you can just go to the
site below and listen to the latest program (and
earlier editions) using the audio software on your
computer.

http://www.soldersmoke.com

All our programs are available here.

We hope you enjoy the program. Please send us
feedback.

73 from London
Bill M0HBR N2CQR CU2JL
http://www.gadgeteer.us

Old September 17th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,sci.electronics.basics

"The Professor" wrote in message

stop spamming the group asshole.

Why is it spamming?

Old September 17th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,sci.electronics.basics

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"The Professor" wrote in message

stop spamming the group asshole.

Why is it spamming?

Bill included rec.radio.amateur.misc in the list of newsgroups he posted the
original message to. Since rram seems to be reserved for flames, discussion
of amateur radio is evidently off-topic.

Old September 17th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,sci.electronics.basics

------------
wrote in message
ups.com...
SolderSmoke!
A SHOW FOR ELECTRONICS HOMEBREWERS!

etc etc
=================================
Oh ,I see, the Professor is selling (partly illegal)CB Power amplifiers.
Probably no solder smoke on his premises ......just carton boxes filled
with equipment ,ready for shipment to truckers' watering holes.

Bill , I enjoy listening to your podcasts .......keep up the good work.
Just ignore the above junk seller ,who apparently is NOT capable to
produce any civilised and intelligent response.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Old September 17th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,sci.electronics.basics

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:50:58 -0400, xpyttl wrote:
"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"The Professor" wrote in message

stop spamming the group asshole.

Why is it spamming?

Bill included rec.radio.amateur.misc in the list of newsgroups he posted the
original message to. Since rram seems to be reserved for flames, discussion
of amateur radio is evidently off-topic.

Every on-topic post helps rram, even if only a little bit. Keep these
posts up. I added soldersmoke to my bashpodder list, and will be
listening to the podcast to see what it's all about. Number 32 sounds
very interesting so far.
Old September 18th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,sci.electronics.basics

xpyttl wrote:

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"The Professor" wrote in message

stop spamming the group asshole.

Why is it spamming?

Bill included rec.radio.amateur.misc in the list of newsgroups he posted the
original message to. Since rram seems to be reserved for flames, discussion
of amateur radio is evidently off-topic.

..

The crap on news:sci.electronics.misc is crossposted from
news:sci.electronics.policy, which is a watering hole for the biggest
idiots on usenet.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old September 18th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,sci.electronics.basics

The Professor wrote:

stop spamming the group asshole.

www.telstar-electronics.com

Thanks for your spam, Professor. I forwarded it to:
to see what they think of your CB linears.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old September 18th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,sci.electronics.basics

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
The Professor wrote:

stop spamming the group asshole.

www.telstar-electronics.com

Thanks for your spam, Professor. I forwarded it to:
to see what they think of your CB linears.

You are the most clueless asshole in the group and you didn't forward
anything to anyone you whiner.

It's a 10 meter amp if you must know..... LOL
--
Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214

Go swab the dick asshole.

Old September 18th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,sci.electronics.basics

The Professor wrote:

It's a 10 meter amp if you must know..... LOL

Not when its advertised to 30 MHz

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell