Old August 12th 03, 03:56 AM
VHFRadioBuff

Default Are there any 2m mobiles w/remote head?

I was wondering if anyone knew of any 2m mobile radios that have a remote head.
It seems the only remote head radios are dualband, HF+, etc..
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB (ex: KF4KHC/HL9HCT)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com
Fight Spam! http://spamcop.net
National "Do Not Call" Registry: http://donotcall.gov
Old September 4th 03, 03:30 AM
Dean Arthur

Kenwood and Yaesu both.

Old September 4th 03, 03:30 AM
Dean Arthur

Kenwood and Yaesu both.

Old September 4th 03, 04:26 PM
VHFRadioBuff

Kenwood and Yaesu both.

Ok, Model numbers?! I've never seen any other than old commercial stuff.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)

Old September 4th 03, 05:53 PM
Dick

I just looked through the HRO catalog and don't see ANY mobiles
meeting that criteria. Looks like you would have to settle for a
dual-bander.

Dick - W6CCD

Old September 4th 03, 06:06 PM
Radioman

I just looked through the HRO catalog and don't see ANY mobiles
meeting that criteria. Looks like you would have to settle for a
dual-bander.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any 2m mobile radios that have a remote head.
It seems the only remote head radios are dualband, HF+, etc..

Just buy one radio, once. A 706MKIIG. RMK comes with it.

Old September 4th 03, 07:42 PM
Dave Platt

Yaesu has only the FT-2800M & Ft-1500M 2 meter mobiles, & neither
has a remote head. Kenwood & Alinco don't have remote heads either.

If you're willing to accept a 2-meter/440 dualbander as qualifying,
then the Kenwood TM-G707 has a detachable head, and a remote-mount kit
is available for it. I've had one for over a year and find it to be a
very serviceable little mobile rig.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO