Old January 24th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default FS: SSB Electronics Transverter

For sale: SSB Electronics TV 28-144 transverter plus SSB Electronics
PA1441 power amplifier. These two items form the heart of the SSB
Electronics LT 2S packaged transverter that sells for nearly $900.

This is a high quality German-built unit that offers exceptional
weak-signal capability. The transverter uses entirely separate receive
and transmit paths with no intermod producing diode switching for rx-tx
changeover.

On receive; the TV 28-144 uses a low-noise GaAs FET preamp driving a
high level balanced mixer and post mixer amplifier to downconvert a 144
MHz signal to 28 MHz.

On transmit; the unit up converts a low-level 28 MHz (CW, SSB, FM)
signal to a 100 mW 144 MHz output.

The PA 1441 amplifies the 100 mW signal to an output power of
approximately 20W.

Dual crystal oscillators allow transmit and receive on two different
frequencies or two i-f frequencies, although this unit is supplied with
only a single 116 MHz crystal.

I originally acquired these units from another ham with the intention
of returning to EME, but plans have changed and I'm offering them to
someone who can put them to use. I did test them when I received them
and they work per spec. Asking $275 for the pair, postage paid in
CONUS, or plus shipping elsewhere. Paypal is okay.

Contact N7WS at Yahoo.com

FS: Original old Lafayette Radio Electronics catalogs; 1965, 1966+ special 1971 Al Schapira Boatanchors 0 June 21st 06 04:37 PM
Transverter Wanted N6KK Swap 0 May 6th 06 11:55 PM
Anyone Have Info on Rock County Wisconsin? zerg90 Scanner 1 August 1st 05 06:25 PM
Boring Modern Electronics and Bacon Strips € Dr. Artaud € Shortwave 8 May 1st 05 07:06 AM
50 MHz transverter ( was : rx for a 10 year old) Frank Dinger Homebrew 0 January 16th 04 06:04 PM